T.H.A.W. & I Was Wrong

Three Eleven.
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Re: T.H.A.W. & I Was Wrong

Post by bcolephases »

Had a dream last night I was at 311 day. It was inside the auditorium at my middle school, and they had an 80 song setlist. Tim was playing an SE version of his PRS Santana I from the Guitar World shoot, 1997. They were celebrating 40 years at the time of this concert.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Re: T.H.A.W. & I Was Wrong

Post by CodyComeaux »

bbshorts wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:01 am
Scales wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:15 am I don't even know what albums they were left off from, to be honest. Do tell, please.
Ok, I'm going to give you the only serious / non-trolling / non-joking response in this thread, with a detailed explanation of each song's history:

T.H.A.W. stands for "Time Heals All Wounds", and it was said to be a song / demo written during the sessions for Don't Tread On Me in 2004. If I'm not mistaken, the riff of the song was the same as the riff in the verse of "It's Getting OK Now", and possibly got reworked into that song. It never got released, not even on the Archive box set with all the other demos. Despite this, the song is listed in the official ASCAP song database. You can see for yourself here:
https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/se ... /900143732

"I Was Wrong", was a demo song Nick mentioned he was working on in a long update post on the official 311 bulletin board in early 2007. Nick said that the song musically was a combination of dancehall and funk, while the lyrics were about him thinking he was right about something and later admitting he turned out to be wrong, as the title suggests.

No audio of the song ever surfaced and the song was never mentioned again. It wasn't released on Uplifter (which was the next album), any album after that, or even the Archive box set.

In that same update post, Nick mentioned that other than working on the song, he wasn't doing anything exciting, just chilling out and doing stuff like fishing, because the band was on a break after touring and recording nonstop since 1999.

He mentioned that he caught a snapper, even jokingly saying "snapperlicious". Yes, he actually used that word. Interestingly, this was referenced in the lyric "the snapper I got, the bounty blessed with the amount" in the song "Jackpot" on Uplifter, which came out two and a half years after that post.

I took a screenshot of that post, but it's on a hard drive of an old computer that was scrapped. I wish I could retrieve it and post it here, but that would be difficult if it hasn't already been lost. Maybe someone else here screenshot it, too.

That's all I know about those songs. I hope that helps! They are a mystery and I would love to hear them if it's possible they ever surface one day.
Wow! Awesome!
Spoken.