T.H.A.W. & I Was Wrong

Three Eleven.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

T.H.A.W. & I Was Wrong

Post by CodyComeaux »

Anyone know any details of these cuts, other than what albums they were left off from?
Scales
Welcome to this Groove

Re: T.H.A.W. & I Was Wrong

Post by Scales »

I don't even know what albums they were left off from, to be honest. Do tell, please.
If you're tempted to try standing desk chairs I urge you to do so.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Scales wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:15 am I don't even know what albums they were left off from, to be honest. Do tell, please.
Put your shoes on and get outta here kid.
You're gonna be late for the bus to school.
The adults are speaking.
Spoken.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

That's a shitty way to answer a guy that was asking a question. Sorry not everyone is mr. super fan cody. Don't be a dick.
:evil5: TB>BB
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

$lmjimy311 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:26 pm That's a shitty way to answer a guy that was asking a question. Sorry not everyone is mr. super fan cody. Don't be a dick.
Okay, but NO ONE speaks of Dogface!
Spoken.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Scales wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:15 am I don't even know what albums they were left off from, to be honest. Do tell, please.
https://www.Google.com
Spoken.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

CodyComeaux wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:34 pm
The adults are speaking.

:lol: holy shit cody laying the smackdown on jimbo.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Jordan311 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:32 am
The adults are speaking.

Later
That wasn't me, smh
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

CodyComeaux wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:02 pm
$lmjimy311 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 2:26 pm That's a shitty way to answer a guy that was asking a question. Sorry not everyone is mr. super fan cody. Don't be a dick.
Dogface is a damned legend
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

$lmjimy311 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:58 am
Spoken.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Jordan311 wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:32 am

The adults are speaking.

Later
That wasn't me, smh
lmao holy shit I'm so used to it only being jimy, me and cody posting here I didn't realize there was another person in the thread fighting with cody. Just assumed it was jimy since you two are always arguing

Later
ImageImage
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

You better give my man Scales credit where it's due!
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

It's pretty incredible that we've been able to keep Dogface to ourselves for this long. Pretty sure nobody outside of this forum has it. I thought for sure it would be on that box set. What a great fucking song.
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

What is dogface?
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Shiny wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:23 am

It's pretty incredible that we've been able to keep Dogface to ourselves for this long. Pretty sure nobody outside of this forum has it. I thought for sure it would be on that box set. What a great fucking song.
I know, it really does put us in the upper echelon of fans. Personally though, if it wasn't for the fact that it's so "exclusive" I'm not sure I would like it as much as I do. I'd give it a solid 7.5 on the 311 scale. Dangerzone, exclusive or not is easily a ten for me and that it is exclusive just makes it that much better.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

ROFLMMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hehehe

"You're thinkin it's safe
But it's the Dangerzone
D-D-Dangerzone,
Hu-hu-hu-hu-HAAA!"
-Hexum
Spoken.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

$lmjimy311 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:16 am
Shiny wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:23 am

I know, it really does put us in the upper echelon of fans. Personally though, if it wasn't for the fact that it's so "exclusive" I'm not sure I would like it as much as I do. I'd give it a solid 7.5 on the 311 scale. Dangerzone, exclusive or not is easily a ten for me and that it is exclusive just makes it that much better.
"You're thinkin it's safe
But it's the Dangerzone
D-D-Dangerzone,
Hu-hu-hu-hu-HAAA!"

-Hexum
Spoken.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Those aren't the lyrics.
bbshorts
Hear it all the time, come back rewind

Post by bbshorts »

Ok, I'm going to give you the only serious / non-trolling / non-joking response in this thread, with a detailed explanation of each song's history:

T.H.A.W. stands for "Time Heals All Wounds", and it was said to be a song / demo written during the sessions for Don't Tread On Me in 2004. If I'm not mistaken, the riff of the song was the same as the riff in the verse of "It's Getting OK Now", and possibly got reworked into that song. It never got released, not even on the Archive box set with all the other demos. Despite this, the song is listed in the official ASCAP song database. You can see for yourself here:
https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/se ... /900143732

"I Was Wrong", was a demo song Nick mentioned he was working on in a long update post on the official 311 bulletin board in early 2007. Nick said that the song musically was a combination of dancehall and funk, while the lyrics were about him thinking he was right about something and later admitting he turned out to be wrong, as the title suggests.

No audio of the song ever surfaced and the song was never mentioned again. It wasn't released on Uplifter (which was the next album), any album after that, or even the Archive box set.

In that same update post, Nick mentioned that other than working on the song, he wasn't doing anything exciting, just chilling out and doing stuff like fishing, because the band was on a break after touring and recording nonstop since 1999.

He mentioned that he caught a snapper, even jokingly saying "snapperlicious". Yes, he actually used that word. Interestingly, this was referenced in the lyric "the snapper I got, the bounty blessed with the amount" in the song "Jackpot" on Uplifter, which came out two and a half years after that post.

I took a screenshot of that post, but it's on a hard drive of an old computer that was scrapped. I wish I could retrieve it and post it here, but that would be difficult if it hasn't already been lost. Maybe someone else here screenshot it, too.

That's all I know about those songs. I hope that helps! They are a mystery and I would love to hear them if it's possible they ever surface one day.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

bbshorts wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:01 am
Ok, I'm going to give you the only serious / non-trolling / non-joking response in this thread, with a detailed explanation of each song's history:

T.H.A.W. stands for "Time Heals All Wounds", and it was said to be a song / demo written during the sessions for Don't Tread On Me in 2004. If I'm not mistaken, the riff of the song was the same as the riff in the verse of "It's Getting OK Now", and possibly got reworked into that song. It never got released, not even on the Archive box set with all the other demos. Despite this, the song is listed in the official ASCAP song database. You can see for yourself here:
https://www.ascap.com/repertory#/ace/se ... /900143732

"I Was Wrong", was a demo song Nick mentioned he was working on in a long update post on the official 311 bulletin board in early 2007. Nick said that the song musically was a combination of dancehall and funk, while the lyrics were about him thinking he was right about something and later admitting he turned out to be wrong, as the title suggests.

No audio of the song ever surfaced and the song was never mentioned again. It wasn't released on Uplifter (which was the next album), any album after that, or even the Archive box set.

In that same update post, Nick mentioned that other than working on the song, he wasn't doing anything exciting, just chilling out and doing stuff like fishing, because the band was on a break after touring and recording nonstop since 1999.

He mentioned that he caught a snapper, even jokingly saying "snapperlicious". Yes, he actually used that word. Interestingly, this was referenced in the lyric "the snapper I got, the bounty blessed with the amount" in the song "Jackpot" on Uplifter, which came out two and a half years after that post.

I took a screenshot of that post, but it's on a hard drive of an old computer that was scrapped. I wish I could retrieve it and post it here, but that would be difficult if it hasn't already been lost. Maybe someone else here screenshot it, too.

That's all I know about those songs. I hope that helps! They are a mystery and I would love to hear them if it's possible they ever surface one day.

hah, that was awesome! Thanks for sharing, bbshorts. Your post is much higher quality content than I've come to expect from TaiyedBrodels lately. I especially like the snapper easter egg in Jackpot. Really cool backstory there

:D

You sir, are truly snapperlicious.

Later
ImageImage