311 show in Dallas OMFG!

Three Eleven.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

311 show in Dallas OMFG!

Post by CodyComeaux »

I haven't seen the young men that hyped up and energized for every single song played Live since the 90's!!!!
-Nick was jumping during each song
-SA was spitting Yoga Flames into the Mic
-The South Side Ballroom is super small venue, the size of a local bar
-Peeps was crowd surfing to 50% of the setlist
-Transition into leaving for encore
*OATS>no words, directly into Unity>No words, directly into Hive>"for old school fans" Down

This 311 live experience was easily ranked in the top 5 of all regular timed sets. My 76th show.
Also did Pow Wow Fest
311 Days 00, 04, 06, 08, 12, 14, & 16
(All counting as 1 show in my books, individually, however those were all longer than reg timed Setlists.
So subtract 8 from the total 76 311 shows I've seen live, leaving a total of 68.
Therefore, the Dallas show on Tuesday that was performed with 🔥🔥🔥 inside of a venue the size of a mobile home ranks in my top 5 311 shows of a more honest total of 68 shows, HANDS DOWN!!!

I still can't get over the second half to close for the encore...
One and the Same. Immediately after it's end, "My bros are down for the UNITY. 311 is down FOR THE UNITY!", immediately at the song end, "Since 95 WE GO FOR THE HIVE!"

AHHHHHHHH!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Spoken.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Re: 311 show in Dallas OMFG!

Post by Jordan311 »

CodyComeaux wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:10 am -SA was spitting Yoga Flames into the Mic
what the hell is a yoga flame???

CodyComeaux wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:10 am

One and the Same. Immediately after it's end, "My bros are down for the UNITY. 311 is down FOR THE UNITY!", immediately at the song end, "Since 95 WE GO FOR THE HIVE!"

damn that is a tasty fucking encore. I'm pretty jealous of that!

Honest question, how would you say their energy levels now compare to this video from Chicago in 2011?

I watched that show yesterday and was thinking how much SA was moving and how he would strut all the way back and forth across the stage constantly, and his movements were more exaggerated then than they are now. Also, Nick would spin a lot more when he jumped, etc. Also lots more SA scratches can be heard (but maybe that was just the mix).
Curious to hear your thoughts.

Later

ImageImage
:evil5:
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Jordan311 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:17 pm
CodyComeaux wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:10 am -SA was spitting Yoga Flames into the Mic

Honest question, how would you say their energy levels now compare to this video from Chicago in 2011?

I watched that show yesterday and was thinking how much SA was moving and how he would strut all the way back and forth across the stage constantly, and his movements were more exaggerated then than they are now. Also, Nick would spin a lot more when he jumped, etc. Also lots more SA scratches can be heard (but maybe that was just the mix).

Later

1.) Yoga Flame = Street Fighter joke.

2.) What I meant was that led us into the encore... Here's the setlist:

1. PERFECT MISTAKE
2. BEAUTIFUL DISASTER
3. DO YOU RIGHT
4. TOO MUCH TO THINK
5. FREEZE TIME
6. ALL MIXED UP
7. TOO LATE
8. COME ORIGINAL
9. HEY YO
BASS SOLO
10. ON A ROLL
11. AMBER
12. WILDFIRE
13. DONT STAY HOME
14. APPLIED SCIENCE
15. ’TIL THE CITY’S ON FIRE
16. YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE
17. ONE AND THE SAME
18. UNITY
19. HIVE
20. DOWN
e:
21. OMAHA STYLEE
22. BEYOND THE GRAY SKY
23. CREATURES

3.) I didn't attend that Chicago show. Therefore of the 76 shows that I've seen, This Dallas show ranks in my personal top 5 of all 311 shows attended.
Spoken.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

CodyComeaux wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:49 am

Later

1. PERFECT MISTAKE
2. BEAUTIFUL DISASTER
3. DO YOU RIGHT
4. TOO MUCH TO THINK
5. FREEZE TIME
6. ALL MIXED UP
7. TOO LATE
8. COME ORIGINAL
9. HEY YO
BASS SOLO
10. ON A ROLL
11. AMBER
12. WILDFIRE
13. DONT STAY HOME
14. APPLIED SCIENCE
16. YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE
17. ONE AND THE SAME
18. UNITY
19. HIVE
20. DOWN
e:
21. OMAHA STYLEE
22. BEYOND THE GRAY SKY
23. CREATURES

3.) I didn't attend that Chicago show. Therefore of the 76 shows that I've seen, This Dallas show ranks in my personal top 5 of all 311 shows attended.

yeah I know you didn't attend, but I mean in general from watching the video I linked, how do you think the energy compares to the live show you just attended?

Later
ImageImage
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Jordan311 wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:52 am

Later

1. PERFECT MISTAKE
2. BEAUTIFUL DISASTER
3. DO YOU RIGHT
4. TOO MUCH TO THINK
5. FREEZE TIME
6. ALL MIXED UP
7. TOO LATE
8. COME ORIGINAL
9. HEY YO
BASS SOLO
10. ON A ROLL
11. AMBER
12. WILDFIRE
13. DONT STAY HOME
14. APPLIED SCIENCE
16. YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE
17. ONE AND THE SAME
18. UNITY
19. HIVE
20. DOWN
e:
21. OMAHA STYLEE
22. BEYOND THE GRAY SKY
23. CREATURES

yeah I know you didn't attend, but I mean in general from watching the video I linked, how do you think the energy compares to the live show you just attended?

Later
I saw that Chi show plenty of times and love it.. But it's really difficult to compare... Another thing that made it FEEL more energetic is bc the Dallas venue was the size of a mobile home with EVERYONE crammed in there standing up right in front the stage. MEGA intimate. Super strong energetic positive vibes flowing ALL AROUND in there!
Spoken.
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

CodyComeaux wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:59 am

1. PERFECT MISTAKE
2. BEAUTIFUL DISASTER
3. DO YOU RIGHT
4. TOO MUCH TO THINK
5. FREEZE TIME
6. ALL MIXED UP
7. TOO LATE
8. COME ORIGINAL
9. HEY YO
BASS SOLO
10. ON A ROLL
11. AMBER
12. WILDFIRE
13. DONT STAY HOME
14. APPLIED SCIENCE
16. YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE
17. ONE AND THE SAME
18. UNITY
19. HIVE
20. DOWN
e:
21. OMAHA STYLEE
22. BEYOND THE GRAY SKY
23. CREATURES

Later
I saw that Chi show plenty of times and love it.. But it's really difficult to compare... Another thing that made it FEEL more energetic is bc the Dallas venue was the size of a mobile home with EVERYONE crammed in there standing up right in front the stage. MEGA intimate. Super strong energetic positive vibes flowing ALL AROUND in there!
Probably the best 311 shows I've seen were in smaller venues. I would still love to see one at Red Rocks and of course 311 Day too.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

He was saying that SA was sitting fire. A term usually reserved for rappers when they rap rather well.
:evil5: TB>BB
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

$lmjimy311 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:40 am He was saying that SA was sitting fire. A term usually reserved for rappers when they rap rather well.
Haha exactly. When Nick says "Let's give it up for SA Martinez on the Vocals!" after Hive was played, that's saying something...

The show was filmed and posted on Facebook for the 311 Couch Tour... Let me try to see if I can put a link for the show into this topic...

SA swapped out the lyrics to Hive from "Cuz in a blink of an eyelash you will not find me"
to
"Cuz in a blink of an eyelash WHERE DID HE GO?!"
Last edited by CodyComeaux on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoken.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

bcolephases wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:04 pm
CodyComeaux wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:59 am

Later
Probably the best 311 shows I've seen were in smaller venues. I would still love to see one at Red Rocks and of course 311 Day too.
Red Rocks and MOST DEFINITELY the 2 summer ATL shows are on my bucket list... BTW, have y'all heard through the grapevine of the fall tour? Or is it out in the open yet? I know Tampa's going to be one destination, from what I've heard and of course there will be a Halloween show, like back in the gap
Spoken.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

https://www.facebook.com/311CouchTour/v ... 544065056/

Here is a direct link to the Dallas show that was live streamed on an OPEN Facebook Group entitled "311 Couch Tour", that has been Live Streaming most if not ALL of this 2017 Summer Unity Tour.

DO NOT READ THE COMMENTS, bc it'll just make you angry and distract you from the show. Instead, just click the link, and maximize the video, and you'll be able to see the entire show from beginning to end. Decent quality, filmed front rail on a smart phone, Live streamed. Not much crowd footage, but good enough footage of the guys playing the Dallas show.
Before watching the whole show, I recommend FIRST skipping to 1:32:00 of the video to see when 311 BLEW UP and fed off of my energy directly! I say that they fed off of my energy directly, not out of pride or egotistical reasons, but during the start of OATS(Easily my favorite track on Mosaic, which imo is a 2017 more hard core remake of the song Unity) it felt like the whole crowd was going off from the OATS direct transition to Unity direct transition to Hive, bc I was in Outer Space and had NEVER went off as physical and vocally to the lyrics as I did from those 3 back to back IN MY ENTIRE LIFE of 76 shows! It was somewhat like a blackout...
But when I finally watched the show, I noticed 2 things....

1.) The crowd was head banging, maybe a couple jumping... Meanwhile, I was fucking going LOCO to the MAX, jumping from the first guitar note of OATS, FINALLY HEARING IT LIVE FOR THE FIRST TIME, moshing into people, pointing my fingers to lyrics, etc etc etc, and literally going CRAZY in the crowd.....
Right into Unity, when I even got even MORE physical and crazy!
Right into Hive, when I just fucking blacked out and was ALL OVER THE PLACE Jumping, not caring what happened to me!

My location in the crowd was behind around 4 or 5 people in the crowd, directly in front of P-nut...

2.) Martinez, Hexum, and Wills EASSSSSSSSILY noticed me going crazy and when you watch the video of those 3 songs, then Down, you can see that those 3 guys TOTALLY fed off of my energy to the MAX daddy!
Hexum was jumping more than usual, doing spins, etc...
P-Nut was jumping a lot and kicking a lot
And Martinez was spitting fire and going to P-Nut's side of the stage as much as he could, where I was at!

An UNBELIEVABLE experience!
Spoken.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

I'm not sure on how to Embed the video on the TB forums, but if any TBs want to mess around and edit it into it showing the video in a comment, that would be great!

Here's the embed code: <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video. ... &width=560" width="560" height="463" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>
Spoken.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Another embed try...

<div class="fb-video" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/311CouchTour/v ... 544065056/" data-width="500" data-show-text="true"><blockquote cite="https://www.facebook.com/311CouchTour/v ... 544065056/" class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/311CouchTour/v ... 5056/">311, Live in Dallas</a><p>311, Live in Dallas, Texas
Thanks to Anthony Vallario
#311CouchTour

Setlist:
1. PERFECT MISTAKE
2. BEAUTIFUL DISASTER
3. DO YOU RIGHT
4. TOO MUCH TO THINK
5. FREEZE TIME
6. ALL MIXED UP
7. TOO LATE
8. COME ORIGINAL
9. HEY YO
BASS SOLO
10. ON A ROLL
11. AMBER
12. WILDFIRE
13. DONT STAY HOME
14. APPLIED SCIENCE
16. YOU WOULDNT BELIEVE
17. ONE AND THE SAME
18. UNITY
19. HIVE
20. DOWN
e:
21. OMAHA STYLEE
22. BEYOND THE GRAY SKY
23. CREATURES</p>Posted by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/311CouchTour/">311 Couch Tour</a> on Tuesday, August 8, 2017</blockquote></div>
Spoken.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

$lmjimy311 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:40 am
I KNOW there's gotta be a way to embed that Dallas show to view directly from a TB comment... I provided the URL in 1 comment, and 1 different embedding codes following. Can you be as so kind, as to provide this?
Spoken.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Idea just came to me! I got it from here! The Dallas show will be in a comment coming soon!
Spoken.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Here ya go my friends! The whole fuckin Dallas show!
I downloaded the video from the FB Group page, and uploaded it to my YouTube page like a technology CHAMP!

Before watching the entire show, I would recommend FIRST watching from 1:21:00-to the end!

That's the start of One and the Same and just straight up FIREEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy my friends!
Spoken.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

CodyComeaux wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:18 am Idea just came to me! I got it from here! The Dallas show will be in a comment coming soon!
Don't think we can embed facebook videos. Youtube and maybe vimeo.
:evil5: TB>BB
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

CodyComeaux wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:44 am
Here ya go my friends! The whole fuckin Dallas show!
I downloaded the video from the FB Group page, and uploaded it to my YouTube page like a technology CHAMP!

Before watching the entire show, I would recommend FIRST watching from 1:21:00-to the end!

That's the start of One and the Same and just straight up FIREEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy my friends!
nice energy. I skipped around a bit of the 2nd half of that video. looked good

Later
ImageImage
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

No Uplifter? Not even Hey You? Pfft.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel