Til the City's on Fire

Three Eleven.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Til the City's on Fire

Post by $lmjimy311 »

I like that little electronic part. Don't @ me.
:evil5: TB>BB
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Til the City's on Fire

Post by Shiny »

This song is the one that's been in my head for days fam
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Even though it's funny hearing Rick sing about how Monday sux s00 bad and he cant wait to finally turn up on the weekend! Dude hasn't worked a 9-5 job in 25 years.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Oh mine is Places That The Mind Goes. That needs to be the next single. That could actually get some mainstream play. Oh man and get an edm artist to mix it? Excuse me, I need to take care of something.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Shiny wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:22 pm Even though it's funny hearing Rick sing about how Monday sux s00 bad and he cant wait to finally turn up on the weekend! Dude hasn't worked a 9-5 job in 25 years.
haha so true. and that "THE GIRLS AND THE BOYS" part is just laughable. overall still a catchy tune though. I'd like to hear a remix that goes all out with the electronic trap/dub shit though.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

If BMG decides to pull another single from this album, it'd be this song 100% no doubt about it.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

For sure, this has 'millennial anthem' written all over it. I know I said the same when "Too Much to Think" came out, but THIS is the song that has the best shot at sneaking onto the mainstream airwaves and making it onto supermarket soundtracks 2 years after that.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

Really? I still can't think of a more marketable song than Places
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

You're right, that's also a good single choice for all the people out there who like to fuck
JonnyG24
I spend my time healing and mending

Post by JonnyG24 »

What's with all the talk about singles? None of these songs are going to have mainstream success. Y'all living in the past. I like Mosaic a lot, but damn, 311 isn't going to get airplay. Let it go.
6/9/96
11/12/97
3/24/00
11/20/00
4/10/02
8/8/03
12/7/03
7/15/04
8/12/05
3/8/06
8/1/06
6/29/07
3/1/08
7/2/14

Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

These are just mental exercises, jonny. Taking the mind out for a stroll.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

Shiny wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:23 am Taking the mind out for a stroll.
quoted. tyvm
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Shiny wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:14 am You're right, that's also a good single choice for all the people out there who like to fuck
Indeed. Sex sells. And don't ask me how I know.
Spoken.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

dj3stripes wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:56 am
Shiny wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:23 am Taking the mind out for a stroll.
quoted. tyvm
Mental, physical, and spiritual exercises are ideally equal per week. Set times for spiritual time, physical time to exercise, and mental stimulation like this.
Spoken.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Just wisdom learned from different religions, the mental hospital, and Oprah.
Spoken.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

JonnyG24 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:19 am What's with all the talk about singles? None of these songs are going to have mainstream success. Y'all living in the past. I like Mosaic a lot, but damn, 311 isn't going to get airplay. Let it go.
i said IF bmg pulls another single. chill out.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

JonnyG24 wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:19 am What's with all the talk about singles? None of these songs are going to have mainstream success. Y'all living in the past. I like Mosaic a lot, but damn, 311 isn't going to get airplay. Let it go.

so true. It's hilarious when people get into debates saying "311 is trying a new style just to appeal to mainstream and get on the top charts" and shit like that. It's just not going to happen anymore. They're doing whatever they're doing because they want to and they can and the stuff they release sounds good to them.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Shiny wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:14 am You're right, that's also a good single choice for all the people out there who like to fuck
If there were a next single choice for all the people out there who like to fuck, it would be HANDS DOWN UNDER THE EARTH'S CRUST-
Places that the Mind Goes
😂😂😂
Spoken.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Jordan311 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:28 pm

so true. It's hilarious when people get into debates saying "311 is trying a new style just to appeal to mainstream and get on the top charts" and shit like that. It's just not going to happen anymore. They're doing whatever they're doing because they want to and they can and the stuff they release sounds good to them.

Later
SPOKEN.

They don't NEED Radio play with the hardcore fanbase that they have around the whole planet.

They are writing whatever the f they want, that will be easier to play Live on the setlists at their shows.
Hence all of the electronics on this album.

Scotch will be more heavily involved at the live shows.

If he shows up and we're lucky... 😂

I can see Til the city's on fire being played like loco from DJs spinning
Spoken.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Jordan311 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:28 pm

Later
All of the singles mentioned in this thread at least have a... shot, if anything. The sound is radio-ready, the most consciously trendy material for pop radio they've probably ever released in its time. But you're both right... probably won't happen. I still like to think about how surreal it would be to hear late-stage 311 in a grocery store, lol. I think these songs have the most crossover potential for first time since Love Song; the only thing holding them back from an aggressive campaign to push them over the edge is the 'powers that be' rightfully not wanting to invest too much in a band of 50 year olds. If it happened, it would need to be more 'organic'.

The cynic in me still feels that bringing on Feldmann to help shape a few modern-sounding, radio-ready bangers was at least in SOME way an attempt to perfect a potential hit. That's what he's good for. I don't think this takes away from their integrity or anything like that... and these are still awesome tracks, not easy cop-outs. I feel like they saw this mainstream potential in a few of the ideas they were kicking around and perfected a Brochella anthem like "City's on Fire" and made the lil desert hipster "Too Much to Think" video just in case maybe those things caught on. There wasn't anything to lose, they still have us. None of this precludes them from doing what they wanted to do or takes away from the fact that this is an incredible album regardless of if we hear a new song in CVS soon or not. :lol: