Taiyed Brodel

311 - Too Late

Post by $lmjimy311 »

:evil5: TB>BB
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Re: 311 - Too Late

Post by GOAT »

Sounded a lot heavier live. The album version isn't as good as I thought it would be. The guitar sounds like shit. Still a solid song though, can't wait to hear it live live.
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

GOAT wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:27 pm Sounded a lot heavier live. The album version isn't as good as I thought it would be. The guitar sounds like shit. Still a solid song though, can't wait to hear it live live.
I disagree actually. It sounds heavier than I expected. Especially the first breakdown like a minute or whatever in. I love the production. It sounds real chunky.

Later
ImageImage
SurferCaliSoca
Let the Games Begin

Post by SurferCaliSoca »

I think its dope, seriously happy to see 311still has it. We needed a song like this. When i first heard the live cruise version i could see it being an album closer, but im glad they laid it right in the middle of the tracklisting and not a closer
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

if you don't like this song, throw on headphones and listen again.

still don't like it? put your hand in a garbage disposal and flip the switch.

post supporting reasons only after having done the above mentioned steps.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

I have one fairly major issue with the song... allow me to demonstrate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvp2g9YHCuY&t=3m50s

vs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfBcNIpoUmA&t=2m30s

c'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

The more I listen the better it gets. Still having a slight issue with the guitar sounding a little tingy on the heavier parts but maybe it's just me. Still love the song though. I don't think it's bad by any means. Definitely has me itching to here some more off mosaic.
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Jordan311 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:27 am
GOAT wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:27 pm Sounded a lot heavier live. The album version isn't as good as I thought it would be. The guitar sounds like shit. Still a solid song though, can't wait to hear it live live.
I disagree actually. It sounds heavier than I expected. Especially the first breakdown like a minute or whatever in. I love the production. It sounds real chunky.

Later
I actually agree with Jordan? haha... Yeah, Scotch fuckin IMMACULATED this final track! SOOO many sounds, PLUS scratches from ese. I can see what Sexton means by it relating to Transistor, in that the final cut has soo many damn sounds! You can also hear Nut's bass slapping more on the final track. And it's much more lyrically understandable. And you can hear so clearly just before the ending explosion, "...end of the day...." "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Hat's off to Ralston, Mahoney, and Sexton for this track!

Musically, 311's hardest rocking song to date. Anyone agree?
Spoken.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

GOAT wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:41 pm The more I listen the better it gets. Still having a slight issue with the guitar sounding a little tingy on the heavier parts but maybe it's just me. Still love the song though. I don't think it's bad by any means. Definitely has me itching to here some more off mosaic.
The guitar sound is miT swaying to more of a progressive rock sound. As I mentioned on a post here a couple of months ago.
That there will be at least 1 Progressive Rock song, in the format of musically sounding like First Dimension on the new album.
Porcupine Tree and Coheed & Cambria are my favorite Progressive Rock bands.

I still think it would be really really cool for 311 to make a Concept album in the future. Transistor is about the closest to a Concept album, but not 100%.
Spoken.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

dj3stripes wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:01 am if you don't like this song, throw on headphones and listen again.

still don't like it? put your hand in a garbage disposal and flip the switch.

post supporting reasons only after having done the above mentioned steps.
You are 101% correct! If you don't have a good system, a decent pair of headphones will give you ALL of what this song contains! It's like a musical feast!

Scott Ralston is 311's 6th member, period. He's just camera shy and doesn't include himself in any band photos with the other 5. :lol:
Spoken.
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

If you ask me, they're drastically underperforming on these new songs. But no one asked me, so...
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

I love this song.

So. Fucking. Much.

Nick sounds GREAT. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about his voice. He really melded his voice to fit the style of the song. He's NEVER sang with more power and confidence. In parts of this song he sounds like Chris fucking Cornell.

Musically this song SHREDS. It's brutal in the best way possible.

The ONLY minor gripe I have is SA's part. It sounds added in after the fact, but it doesn't "add" much, in my opinion. Could have let the music breathe there. Otherwise I think the song was executed perfectly.
Alvarez311
Everything I'm sayin' you can dismiss

Post by Alvarez311 »

Agree the Sa parts just seem added
"Be positive and love your life"
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Swish around in your brain and figure out what Martinez is saying fools.

He's a poet.
Spoken.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

bcolephases wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:24 pm If you ask me, they're drastically underperforming on these new songs. But no one asked me, so...
This is because Scotch Ralston's phenomenal production on the tracks of this cd makes him the MVP of Mosaic.

Another reason is that this is the first time that the guys are playing these songs live. Being that Scotch is so heavily involved with a FEAST of sounds and FX(cough cough, Nick's "scream"), the guys themselves won't know how the songs will sound live with crowd noise, until they've played them a lot to make them into more Live suitable sounding songs.

*I telepathically asked you the question, prior to you posting, and now I am giving you the correct answer kid.
Spoken.
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

CodyComeaux wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:19 pm
bcolephases wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:24 pm If you ask me, they're drastically underperforming on these new songs. But no one asked me, so...
This is because Scotch Ralston's phenomenal production on the tracks of this cd makes him the MVP of Mosaic.

Another reason is that this is the first time that the guys are playing these songs live. Being that Scotch is so heavily involved with a FEAST of sounds and FX(cough cough, Nick's "scream"), the guys themselves won't know how the songs will sound live with crowd noise, until they've played them a lot to make them into more Live suitable sounding songs.

*I telepathically asked you the question, prior to you posting, and now I am giving you the correct answer kid.
Kid. Thanks.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

De nada
Spoken.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

fatlip wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:52 am I have one fairly major issue with the song... allow me to demonstrate:

vs

c'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
so we just gonna go ahead and let this slide? pretend we never saw it? bob rock ain't even at the helm either.
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

fatlip wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:35 am
fatlip wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:52 am I have one fairly major issue with the song... allow me to demonstrate:

vs

c'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
so we just gonna go ahead and let this slide? pretend we never saw it? bob rock ain't even at the helm either.
I really just don't care. I know Nick is a big fan and all, but I doubt he went into it being like, yeahhh seee I'm gonna take this line right here seee, and I'm gonna use it on my own track here ya seeeee? No one is gonna know this yeah yeah!
:evil5: TB>BB
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

$lmjimy311 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:16 am
fatlip wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:35 am

vs

c'monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
I really just don't care. I know Nick is a big fan and all, but I doubt he went into it being like, yeahhh seee I'm gonna take this line right here seee, and I'm gonna use it on my own track here ya seeeee? No one is gonna know this yeah yeah!
My Personal opinion, that I think probably happened...

ETSD 1 Video. The black guy that gets interviewed by the cooky interviewer guy on the street...

"What do you think of 311?"

"What's 311?"

"They're playing right over there"

"Oh, I don't listen to bands."

"Why don't you listen to bands?"

"I make music maself... You know it messes up ya lyrics.... You find that stuff in yours.."

"Good thinking! Really good thinking!"
Spoken.