How do you feel?

Three Eleven.
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

How do you feel?

Post by bcolephases »

About 311 band members getting involved with politics? Pnut is going on a fb rampage right now about that leaked Trump audio.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Re: How do you feel?

Post by dj3stripes »

I hate it and am happy to say I haven't been subjected to it. 2004 sucked. Nick did that lil rock for Kerry thing. Kind of ironic

"Your denomination
Should be a private thing
How about a spirit
For all human beings"

I always substituted "denomination" for "political affiliation" and this election is worse yet. I know people who are hard-nosed left and others that are hard-nosed right and both groups wont' even talk about this election. Just a clusterfuck.
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

dj3stripes wrote:I hate it and am happy to say I haven't been subjected to it. 2004 sucked. Nick did that lil rock for Kerry thing. Kind of ironic

"Your denomination
Should be a private thing
How about a spirit
For all human beings"

I always substituted "denomination" for "political affiliation" and this election is worse yet. I know people who are hard-nosed left and others that are hard-nosed right and both groups wont' even talk about this election. Just a clusterfuck.
Agreed. It has basically become a pissing match at this point.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

always been a pissing match, over a year of this garbage
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Totally forgot about the Hexum Bros tour for John Kerry. I used to really be into that song "Go Straight to Hell Bush" that they did.

A decade later the whole Bush thing seems so silly and benign compared to this, and the urgency of a tour to support Kerry feels inconsequential and corny.

As far as p-nut posting about the leaked audio, good for him - his account, his views. He's not giving interviews on behalf of 311 and their political opinions. Sure he might alienate a few alt-right fans via his personal account by passing on anti Trump stuff, but fuck 'em. Not like the political views of the individual band members in terms of this election would come as a surprise anyway.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Though come to think of it, the band probably already alienated a lot of would-be Trump supporters when SA pissed off all the oil worker fans that one time
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

without a doubt, pnut is the most liberal one that keeps the band from doing certain things. Can't get into specifics but have heard it first hand
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

dj3stripes wrote:without a doubt, pnut is the most liberal one that keeps the band from doing certain things. Can't get into specifics but have heard it first hand
Can you give an example? I agree that pnut is totally liberal in his views but I always thought Nick was the most outspoken about it, considering the rock for Kerry tour and Liberal Hexum.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

no specific examples, no. pretty sure even nick has reeled in his liberal views quite a bit by comparison.
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

Sometimes I wonder how liberal they can be now that they have kids, and when I say liberal I mainly mean their stance on legalization. What are they going to say when their kids are looking for a role model and they watch etsd and etsd 2? Will they redact their viewpoints then and there? Just a thought. Not for or against anything they did/do.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

At the rate things are progressing, weed will probably be legal by the time any of their kids are teens. If they are good parents they will instill a sense of self-respect and moderation whether with weed, alcohol, or anything else. Honestly this is a thing that will need to be addressed directly with this coming generation on a larger scale, whether they are the kids of musicians who have band t-shirts with marijuana leaves on them or not. Gotta tread the line between letting them know that weed isn't evil but that you also shouldn't try to obtain it before your brain is fully developed.
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

^ obviously you don't live in Missouri. Lol
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

You're right. What's it like in Missouri right now for weed?
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

Not that great. Could be worse though, like maybe Arizona.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Shiny wrote:Totally forgot about the Hexum Bros tour for John Kerry. I used to really be into that song "Go Straight to Hell Bush" that they did.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
:evil5:
JonnyG24
I spend my time healing and mending

Post by JonnyG24 »

Fat Chance isn't on Spotify and that is lame. Thats How I Feel.
6/9/96
11/12/97
3/24/00
11/20/00
4/10/02
8/8/03
12/7/03
7/15/04
8/12/05
3/8/06
8/1/06
6/29/07