Taiyed Brodel

Re: Archive is on newalbumreleases.net

Post by dj3stripes »

on what.cd too....
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

vincevaughn wrote:Bye assholes. See you next release :)
hope not.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

there's no way this guy wont get at least a LITTLE nervous as his plane is taking off now
vincevaughn
What you need guaranteed

Post by vincevaughn »

Shiny wrote:there's no way this guy wont get at least a LITTLE nervous as his plane is taking off now
Yeah I'm pretty nervous about my plane crashing

Except for the fact I'm driving.... So yeah... You stupid fucks just assumed I was flying. Not surprising since you assholes think you know everything and walk on water
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

too poor to pay $9.99/month for spotify. too poor to afford a plane ticket.

have a nice trip. hope you have a blast

Later
ImageImage
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

Jordan311 wrote:too poor to pay $9.99/month for spotify. too poor to afford a plane ticket.

Later
Rofl
vincevaughn
What you need guaranteed

Post by vincevaughn »

That and I only live about 200 miles away so decided to save money. You know maybe go find your mom on the street and use my money on her instead.
robah
Shades of gold displayed naturally

Post by robah »

They barely tolerate me on here and I have a 2005 join date. These guys will make you eat your parents lol.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

are you serious, robah? feel like you were always well respected. should be anyway. loved ur music.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

and rofl jordan
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

I like robah

Later
ImageImage
eam___
Nothing but a walking sack of Earth

Post by eam___ »

Jordan311 wrote:too poor to pay $9.99/month for spotify. too poor to afford a plane ticket.

Later
nothing you think is funny is funny. it's all just childish and mean.

and frankly, i can't believe this community tolerates your signature. there's nothing funny about the kkk or people thinking the band represents white supremacist values.

i mean, in a time of high racial tension where we're seeing rampant police brutality against persons of color, racially motivated cold-blooded killings, and black churches burning all over the south, i have to imagine that if you had a shred of self-awareness, you'd see that to basically everyone else in the world outside of 311's (somehow, given the subject matter of many of band's songs) insanely racist fan community, you look like a complete asshole.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

yeah, robah's one of the few TBers I've never taken issue with.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Later

JORDAN WINS!
FATALITY!
FLAWLESS VICTORY!
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

eam___ wrote:

Later

and frankly, i can't believe this community tolerates your signature. there's nothing funny about the kkk or people thinking the band represents white supremacist values.

i mean, in a time of high racial tension where we're seeing rampant police brutality against persons of color, racially motivated cold-blooded killings, and black churches burning all over the south, i have to imagine that if you had a shred of self-awareness, you'd see that to basically everyone else in the world outside of 311's (somehow, given the subject matter of many of band's songs) insanely racist fan community, you look like a complete asshole.
We tolerate it because we have no choice. This place is founded on freedom of expression regardless of opinion. Yes, the older the sign-up date and post count the better. Pointing out the obvious usually fuels the fire (pun intended) and there just isn't thing one you can do about it other than turn the other cheek.
eam___

Post by eam___ »

dj3stripes wrote:
eam___ wrote:

Later

We tolerate it because we have no choice. This place is founded on freedom of expression regardless of opinion. Yes, the older the sign-up date and post count the better. Pointing out the obvious usually fuels the fire (pun intended) and there just isn't thing one you can do about it other than turn the other cheek.
this is a huge part of the reason why racism is still alive and well in mainstream american culture: the completely mistaken idea that racist hate speech and imagery are somehow protected under free speech.

yeah, you can say whatever you want and the GOVERNMENT can't stop you from saying it, but every community also has the freedom to decide what it will tolerate and how it will react to racist speech and imagery. you don't have to put up with bigots and ignoramuses to foster free-speech and when you do you allow them to rob you of freedom within your own community. stand up for yourself and your community and ban this clown.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

this "clown" is one of the few users who still frequents this site. just don't come if you don't like it. Keep in mind, not everybody here is an American.
eam___

Post by eam___ »

dj3stripes wrote:this "clown" is one of the few users who still frequents this site. just don't come if you don't like it. Keep in mind, not everybody here is an American.
what does not being american have to do with it? i'm not here posting swatiskas like, "oh, but i'm not from poland so i can't be expected to understand why this is irresponsible."

and honestly, it's not as much about the site (i generally only come around during releases or if i've been to a show recently) as it is about me being sick of being embarrassed by this fan community.

i would love to tell people (like my students, for instance) about the positive impact 311's music and message have had on my life and my worldview, but i can't because most normal people associate them with their fanbase: racist, sexist, violent, rapey.

it sucks to think that i could tell someone about my appreciation for this band and they could google them only to find this and think that i somehow stand for the cretinous values represented both here and on the official BB.
Last edited by eam___ on Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robah
Shades of gold displayed naturally

Post by robah »

Shiny wrote:are you serious, robah? feel like you were always well respected. should be anyway. loved ur music.
I always felt like the annoying younger brother even though I'm as old or older lol.