Stupid Post Office! Need help

Three Eleven.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Stupid Post Office! Need help

Post by Shiny »

I don't think anyone wonders why people only come here looking for leaks, I think they're just annoyed that they do. It's pretty obvious that this forum is just a small group of longtime friends at this point, not a large 311 forum like the BB, nor a free music giveaway place. I'm sure if someone had the leak and felt like uploading it, they would've done so and you would've benefited from it with patience. Instead you marched in here like a prick and acted ungrateful when we told you how you could listen to the albums for free. If it makes you feel better to otherize a group of friends on a very small forum, calling them elitist because you didn't get what you wanted, that's fine.
311chaos
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311chaos »

GOAT wrote:stfu
ok
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

compliment overload.
eam___
Nothing but a walking sack of Earth

Post by eam___ »

Shiny wrote:I don't think anyone wonders why people only come here looking for leaks, I think they're just annoyed that they do. It's pretty obvious that this forum is just a small group of longtime friends at this point, not a large 311 forum like the BB, nor a free music giveaway place. I'm sure if someone had the leak and felt like uploading it, they would've done so and you would've benefited from it with patience. Instead you marched in here like a prick and acted ungrateful when we told you how you could listen to the albums for free. If it makes you feel better to otherize a group of friends on a very small forum, calling them elitist because you didn't get what you wanted, that's fine.

the only entitled person here is you. this is a public forum and fan communities share music. for obvious reasons, we can't do it on the official BB, and this is the place where all of the unauthorized audio has been for years and years. maybe you all should make these forums private if you don't want people here who aren't part of this "small group of longtime friends."

which is not even to mention that, apparently, the two people you're railing against were the people who leaked universal pulse and stereolithic, so it's not like they haven't offered this community anything in the past.

that said, vincevaughn peppering this thread with slurs has reminded me of why i don't associate with 311 fans anymore.
vincevaughn
What you need guaranteed

Post by vincevaughn »

I don't associate with them either cause most act like these jerks. Really you hope my plane crashes cause I'm looking to download the album I already paid $99 for??? Like I said it's already on newalbumreleases.net, I'm out
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

eam___ wrote:
Shiny wrote:I don't think anyone wonders why people only come here looking for leaks, I think they're just annoyed that they do. It's pretty obvious that this forum is just a small group of longtime friends at this point, not a large 311 forum like the BB, nor a free music giveaway place. I'm sure if someone had the leak and felt like uploading it, they would've done so and you would've benefited from it with patience. Instead you marched in here like a prick and acted ungrateful when we told you how you could listen to the albums for free. If it makes you feel better to otherize a group of friends on a very small forum, calling them elitist because you didn't get what you wanted, that's fine.

the only entitled person here is you. this is a public forum and fan communities share music. for obvious reasons, we can't do it on the official BB, and this is the place where all of the unauthorized audio has been for years and years. maybe you all should make these forums private if you don't want people here who aren't part of this "small group of longtime friends."

which is not even to mention that, apparently, the two people you're railing against were the people who leaked universal pulse and stereolithic, so it's not like they haven't offered this community anything in the past.

that said, vincevaughn peppering this thread with slurs has reminded me of why i don't associate with 311 fans anymore.
Can you disappear from here like you did from the BB.

Please?

:evil5:
eam___

Post by eam___ »

pnutwannabe wrote:
eam___ wrote:

Can you disappear from here like you did from the BB.

Please?
no. go fuck yourself.
311chaos
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311chaos »

Great thread guys. Go 311!!
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

Just for the record, I'm with vaugn and earn. I've been putting up with TB's shit for years. Dj's the worst. That guy has never said one nice thing to me. Not one. That being said, I wish I had the $ to buy a physical copy. 311 is all about $ these days anyway, the way they whore themselves out through meetngreets and such. They have 4 albums of shite now which almost eclipses their good stuff. They should just stop making records.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

eam___ wrote: the only entitled person here is you. this is a public forum and fan communities share music. for obvious reasons, we can't do it on the official BB, and this is the place where all of the unauthorized audio has been for years and years. maybe you all should make these forums private if you don't want people here who aren't part of this "small group of longtime friends."

It's not unreasonable to feel an aversion to people coming out of the wordwork, people we don't even know, and not even having the courtesy to ask politely for something that people may or not have. And to be dicks when we suggest something that isn't quite what they want. Vincevaughn and that other guy were being just that. Like I said, if anyone felt like going through the trouble of uploading it and sharing it, they would regardless of them.

Also, we had just recently gotten a takedown notice for the archive of old rarities on the server, so it wouldn't be wise to share anything here anyway. Regardless of whether a forum is public or private, any group of people has norms and it's our call how we handle what goes here.

Anyway it sounds like we agree anyway that people like vincevaughn are dipshits and his attitude re: stomping in and demanding stuff was all I had really been trying to address anyway. I wasnt referring to you if that's what you were wondering
cosmichero
Let the Games Begin

Post by cosmichero »

your offense is reasonable, but the desperation to be stimulated is overpowering to some people

i will personally cease to log into or use this account out of respect for the fact that this site is intended to function privately

if everyone enjoys the album, no one loses and maybe on July 4th this site can deactivate registration, emancipating the community here from the intrusion
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

eam___ wrote:no. go fuck yourself.
No thank you.

You're always so nice and polite.

Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

cosmichero wrote:if everyone enjoys the album, no one loses and maybe on July 4th this site can deactivate registration, emancipating the community here from the intrusion
no one wants you gone, just dont be a dick. Independence Day is a good movie.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Also, good thread.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

lol
ImageImage
eam___

Post by eam___ »

pnutwannabe wrote:
eam___ wrote:no. go fuck yourself.
No thank you.

You're always so nice and polite.
yeah, you're a real peach yourself.
Shiny wrote:It's not unreasonable to feel an aversion to people coming out of the wordwork, people we don't even know, and not even having the courtesy to ask politely for something that people may or not have. And to be dicks when we suggest something that isn't quite what they want. Vincevaughn and that other guy were being just that. Like I said, if anyone felt like going through the trouble of uploading it and sharing it, they would regardless of them.

Also, we had just recently gotten a takedown notice for the archive of old rarities on the server, so it wouldn't be wise to share anything here anyway. Regardless of whether a forum is public or private, any group of people has norms and it's our call how we handle what goes here.

Anyway it sounds like we agree anyway that people like vincevaughn are dipshits and his attitude re: stomping in and demanding stuff was all I had really been trying to address anyway. I wasnt referring to you if that's what you were wondering
you can have an aversion to it all you want, but people are going to come here for leaks. it's literally stop #2 (if not #1) for basically every 311 fan when they're looking for leaks. if that kind of participation is no longer welcome here, it might be time to change the way you all represent your community.

obviously, the takedown notice changes everything. making that shift in your relationship with the band more evident to new or sporadic users (with a sticky topic or a note on the homepage) would probably go a long way toward stopping people from coming here for that purpose.

and no, i didn't think you were referring to me. i'm not interested in the leak anyway - just wanted to talk about what i heard on spotify. you seem like a pretty nice, level-headed person, and i don't really disagree with much of what you say here, but i think whoever runs this forum might be more proactive in making its norms (especially if they've shifted over time) known.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

cosmichero wrote:
Capture.PNG

you'll be missed, i'm sure.
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

bcolephases wrote:Just for the record, I'm with earn
cosmichero
Let the Games Begin

Post by cosmichero »

fatlip wrote:
cosmichero wrote:
Capture.PNG

you'll be missed, i'm sure.
you are right, of which I am certain.
CSM
Massive Laminate Fortress

Post by CSM »

311chaos wrote:Great thread guys. Go 311!!
:lol: