New Song Earth People

Three Eleven.
EvenField2BeOn
Shades of gold displayed naturally

Re: New Song Earth People

Post by EvenField2BeOn »

Are all people in Texas like Cody? I'm scared of militant oil workers. Anyway, I was a bit disappointed by "Earth People" I guess it was aight.
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

I haven't listened to it since the day they released it. Pretty forgettable.
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

I listened to about 65% of the song, and stopped. There's a reason it didn't get included on a 21 track album -- it's boring. It's cool because it's unreleased 311, but it doesn't do anything for me.

To each their own.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

$ayzak wrote:I listened to about 65% of the song, and stopped. There's a reason it didn't get included on a 21 track album -- it's boring. It's cool because it's unreleased 311, but it doesn't do anything for me.

To each their own.

lol so edgy.

it's not even a long song bro.

regardless, I like it (not love it) but its not something I think would have been worthy of being on the album. but that's fine. it's an unfinished b-side wtf did you guys expect?

Later
ImageImage
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

I would assume people are expecting to arch loads over the transistor b-sides, when like you said these missed the cut for the final album...for a reason.
JonnyG24
I spend my time healing and mending

Post by JonnyG24 »

logosteel wrote:I would assume people are expecting to arch loads over the transistor b-sides, when like you said these missed the cut for the final album...for a reason.
Yes, but the Blue Album bsides were incredible, so there was reason for optimism...
6/9/96
11/12/97
3/24/00
11/20/00
4/10/02
8/8/03
12/7/03
7/15/04
8/12/05
3/8/06
8/1/06
6/29/07
3/1/08
7/2/14

Freeze Time
Butterfly in the wind without a care

Post by Freeze Time »

See this is really going to bug me. For years there were these elusive transistor b sides and by not having them they became these unattainable holy grail like mythological beasts. Now you guys are finally getting them and we're going to have to listen to bitter old 311 fans bitch about them. They should've kept them unreleased and just released a new album.
Do Not Fist Fight The Bears
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

arch loads.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

Freeze Time wrote:See this is really going to bug me. For years there were these elusive transistor b sides and by not having them they became these unattainable holy grail like mythological beasts. Now you guys are finally getting them and we're going to have to listen to bitter old 311 fans bitch about them. They should've kept them unreleased and just released a new album.

damned if you do (release the songs)
damned if you don't (don't release the songs)

but damned if you do make a few bucks releasing the songs so, who does it hurt, really?

If anybody buys this set without knowing what they're getting and don't like it, then that's a shame. There's no way anybody should be blown away by the music that's on this. Either it's something most of us here have heard albeit reworked to sound it's best, or if it's something that indeed was done right by being on the cutting room floor. I look at this box set to be a way to pay homage almost to the band we've all been pretty obsessed with for over a decade. We've passed around bootlegs of shows and out-takes and remixes and just about every other scrap of 311 we can and what better way to show appreciation than to toss a few bucks their way and get high quality versions of quite a bit of what they never made a single cent from before?

tldr: it's a compilation of what we've heard and what didn't make an album for a reason(not to mention a 60 page photo book of candid pictures as well as hand written lyrics from the past), take it for what it is and look forward to what is still yet to come
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Agreed^
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

I think it goes without saying that most of us (that remain on here) have already pre ordered. Granted I went all vanilla cuz I don't want or need any of that extra shit.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

i didn't preorder it but only because there's no reason for me to ever buy a cd in my life. cds are stupid.
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
Freeze Time
Butterfly in the wind without a care

Post by Freeze Time »

Yeah I'm in the same boat fatlip. I don't buy physical media anymore.
Do Not Fist Fight The Bears
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

fatlip's a vinyl-only hipster now

boggles the mind, honestly

Later
ImageImage
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

dj3stripes wrote:
Freeze Time wrote:See this is really going to bug me. For years there were these elusive transistor b sides and by not having them they became these unattainable holy grail like mythological beasts. Now you guys are finally getting them and we're going to have to listen to bitter old 311 fans bitch about them. They should've kept them unreleased and just released a new album.

damned if you do (release the songs)
damned if you don't (don't release the songs)

but damned if you do make a few bucks releasing the songs so, who does it hurt, really?

If anybody buys this set without knowing what they're getting and don't like it, then that's a shame. There's no way anybody should be blown away by the music that's on this. Either it's something most of us here have heard albeit reworked to sound it's best, or if it's something that indeed was done right by being on the cutting room floor. I look at this box set to be a way to pay homage almost to the band we've all been pretty obsessed with for over a decade. We've passed around bootlegs of shows and out-takes and remixes and just about every other scrap of 311 we can and what better way to show appreciation than to toss a few bucks their way and get high quality versions of quite a bit of what they never made a single cent from before?

tldr: it's a compilation of what we've heard and what didn't make an album for a reason(not to mention a 60 page photo book of candid pictures as well as hand written lyrics from the past), take it for what it is and look forward to what is still yet to come
Spoken.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

I have a good feeling of intuition that Writer's Block Party will surprise in a good way. The remastering of all these tracks is where it takes the cake. Anxious to hear Go (2014) demo.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

Jordan311 wrote:fatlip's a vinyl-only hipster now

boggles the mind, honestly

Later
if by "now" you mean over a decade then yeah. cds are stupid. also, not a hipster.
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

I still love CD"s and am slightly disappointed in how many albums I've bought off Itunes. When the apocalypse finally happens you're going to wish you had those CD"S THEN!
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

nah.. i'm fine with the FLAC rips
ska_reloaded
I'm free as I stare at the sea

Post by ska_reloaded »

you guys are hipsters