Taiyed Brodel

Re: DAT BOX SET

Post by dj3stripes »

a 2001 rendition of who's got the herb, no other details about it thus far
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

A demo version of Strong All Along called Pass the Herb (or something) will be on there.
:evil5: TB>BB
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Is there any word around for a release date?
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

$lmjimy311 wrote:A demo version of Strong All Along called Pass the Herb (or something) will be on there.
Pass the grass and it's just like the pre-production of Strong All Along that's already available in our audio section http://taiyedbrodels.com/download/index ... dsystem%2F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CodyComeauxComedy wrote:Is there any word around for a release date?
no
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

CodyComeauxComedy wrote:Is there any word around for a release date?
no[/quote]

Dj3stripes, I just wanna say I love ya bro...
I stayed up all night watching the 3rd set and reliving every second of my favorite of the 3 sets that night.

And I am so grateful for the time and effort that you, Ska, etc... put into this site, to connect the 311 fans/family/Nation - hardcore and new.
And giving imo the greatest gifts to any hardcore fan, that lives their personal lifestyle in 311's philosophy, message, and movement, like I do.

And that goes to everyone else on here - Ska, FatLip, Goat, Joe Peace, etc... I love y'all man.

You all are the people I want in my life...

I know I might have came across wrong on some past posts on here, but my brain was having a lot of electricity running through my neurotransmitters and central nervous system, working to rewire my brain to a healing state of clarity again. A TBI to the frontal lobe wasn't fun... And most of the time I was all drugged up on pharmaceuticals....

I wanna apologize to everyone here on the site for my past posts... They were posted with good intentions, however they might not have been worded in the right manner and I took too many things personally, instead of in a joking way that was meant in some of the replies...
Spoken.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

if everybody here apologized for the past we'd have nothing else to talk about. all good.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Hahahaha.... So I've read...

Hey 3, you think you can get ahold of that Lafayette, LA show at Grant Street Dancehall from 2000?

T'would be THE shit.

And also, where's the first 2 video sets from 3-11-2014 hidden at....?

:hello2:
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

I can't just make shows appear to be honest, they get dropped in my lap at total random. I have a good source and i'll ask if he/she has it on file. This person unearthed about 2 dozen shows recorded to minidisc before they moved to DAT.

I can't really expand on the 311 day 2014 and the lack of the other sets other than it's unlikely to come out in bootleg format. Best to hope for an official release of sorts.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

After watching this footage, there's no doubt in my mind that they're releasing a dvd/Blu-ray of the whole show, after editing, picture cleaning, and sound enhancements.
This is straight up footage from the 311 crew, with those angles and Nick looking into the center cam.
Spoken.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

I'm near positive that it wasn't a 311 crew but a production company hired to do the work. It almost appears to be for use in a portfolio of work? No idea.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

True.... If it was 311's crew, there would have been better lighting, and we would have been informed prior, upon entry into the arena, that it will be filmed to be produced and sold, for legal reasons.

I remember at 311Day 04, there was a huge sign before we walked into the arena, stating everything about the show being filmed and you may or may not be in the final pressed dvd, and all of the legal stuff...

It may actually be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo or a website eventually, like the Houston show was, that I went to last summer tour. It's uploaded to YouTube. Filmed by "Space City Rock".
hexumjunkie
We catch the drift and ride moving tides

Post by hexumjunkie »

Where can we watch this said show?
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

311 (Houston 07.30.14) HD: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... bUzgzPXKl2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here ya go!

I believe I met Goat at this show... It was someone from TB...
Spoken.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

I believe this show was the only show that Unity was played last summer...

Before the show, outside in the morning after his jog, Nick asked what I wanted to hear that night. All I said was "I wanna hear SA tear up the mic tonight!" haha

Then in the VIP M&g, When they first walked in and sat down at the table to start signing posters, we were all waiting in line and I was near the end...
Nick spots me and yells: "Don't worry Cody! You're gonna like tonight's setlist!"
Haha
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

"LET'S HEAR IT FOR SA MARTINEZ ON THE VOOOCALLLLS"

I was front rail Nut.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

dj3stripes wrote:
$lmjimy311 wrote:A demo version of Strong All Along called Pass the Herb (or something) will be on there.
Pass the grass and it's just like the pre-production of Strong All Along that's already available in our audio section http://taiyedbrodels.com/download/index ... dsystem%2F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
are you sure it's going to be the same version as the one that we have?

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

Not certain but what people in other circles are passing it around (pun intended) as such. Can't confirm until a leak.
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Yeah it's kinda hard to think of 80 songs on this box set that will be worth it for us. .. :/
Unless they would remaster all of the demos/outtakes in better sound quality and maybe rerecord a few tracks fresh, and new, like Juan Bond and the DTOM b-sides,etc...

At least if they just only keep the songs that we already have on the box set, we'll have a bigger chance of seeing them performed live now. Into the Flame, Take My Money, W.O.S., Simplify, etc
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CodyComeaux »

Professional Audio recording of 311 Day 2014 would be really nice!
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

every 311 day should be released, no excuses other than certain members of the band are too picky over little mistakes