311 albums where the second half is better

Three Eleven.
lcnjv
Cruise on by the Frowners

311 albums where the second half is better

Post by lcnjv »

Here is something a little interesting, lets see which of the 311 studio albums where you think the second half is better than the first.
1. Grassroots-just has the better songs, from Salsa to 123 is my favorite batch of songs of any 311 ablum
2. Soundsystem-this one was really close, the first half has some awesome songs but just the face that the second half has Sever and Mindspin did it
3. Evolver-this was another close one, but the second half has Still Dreaming, Don't Dwell, and Jacks, just seems like a stronger second half
4. Don't Tread on Me-Easily a win, the only decent songs the beginning has is DTOM and Speak Easy, the second half has some Essay heavy stuff
5. Uplifter-this was another close one, because both halves is equally as terrible, jk
6. Universal Pulse-if Trouble was switched with Count Me In, it would the second best half ever, well kinda
7. Stereolithic- the second half just brings more to the table for me, even though I love the whole album, the second has Friday Afternoon, which is my new fav song probably
Freeze Time
Butterfly in the wind without a care

Re: 311 albums where the second half is better

Post by Freeze Time »

The second half of stereolithic is not only the best second half to a 311 album I'd go as far to say it's the best run on a 311 album. From the Great Divide on is just fucking solid.
Do Not Fist Fight The Bears
CodyComeaux
Taiyed Brodel

Re: 311 albums where the second half is better

Post by CodyComeaux »

Stereolithic (Even though one of my favorites), definitely. The Great Divide, divides the album with 7 songs previous and after. And starting with The Great Divide, it transforms from classic 311 style, to future 311 style.

Grassroots, I feel that the second half has more back to back songs I like more.

Transistor, I definitely like the second half more!

Universal Pulse, definitely the second half more.

Those 4 stand out, in second halves of the albums being liked more, for me.
Spoken.