My one complaint

Three Eleven.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

My one complaint

Post by Jordan311 »

I think Tranquility is a pretty weak closer. Nick really hyped it up to be this epic track in the interviews. I don't think it ever really builds up to epic proportions and it ends too soon.

I imagine it would probably be pretty good live though with the "AHHHH-OOOOOOOOOH!!!!"s

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
hexumjunkie
We catch the drift and ride moving tides

Re: My one complaint

Post by hexumjunkie »

Jordan do you catch any NHQ vibe in any of these? Just wondering?
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

only a little bit on Make it Rough. But as I mentioned in another topic I think in the context of the full album that song fits in nicely with a little jazz influence to break up the rockers.

Later
ImageImage
hexumjunkie

Post by hexumjunkie »

I think I need to get home and get in the right frame of mind and listen to it on my stereo. We will see I could be singing a new tune tomorrow.
311silver
Listen to everyone then disregard it

Post by 311silver »

My only complaint is the ripper. 128 kbps, is this 1999?

311 should just release the album download link on the pledge site already.
03-11-08, 03-11-04, 03-11-02, 03-11-00, 12-02-1999, 12-01-1999, 05-22-1996, 10-30-1994
hexumjunkie

Post by hexumjunkie »

Yeah who does something like that?
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

At least we still have something to look forward to.
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

Jordan311 wrote:I think Tranquility is a pretty weak closer. Nick really hyped it up to be this epic track in the interviews. I don't think it ever really builds up to epic proportions and it ends too soon.

I imagine it would probably be pretty good live though with the "AHHHH-OOOOOOOOOH!!!!"s

Later
100% agree. the auto-tune/vocoder pisses me off
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
Alvarez311
Everything I'm sayin' you can dismiss

Post by Alvarez311 »

made in the shade is the shit.

also The Great Divide - BoomShanka - Make it Rough -

for real there are a lot of good moments. still feels like it was rushed though, i feel with more time they could have released a full on masterpiece....this is a little short of that, but still very good.....those songs I listed are solid
"Be positive and love your life"
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

ska wrote:Doesn't make sense in the contents of the song
and I think that's why I like it so much.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

dj3stripes wrote:
ska wrote:Doesn't make sense in the contents of the song
and I think that's why I like it so much.

agreed. I love it for some stupid reason. They managed to take one of their all time worst lyrics ever and give a throwback to it and it makes me love it

Later
ImageImage
Alvarez311

Post by Alvarez311 »

I love the Boombox shout out. They are talking about Leaving those days behind...and that song (to me) was about doing things for a girl and going to a pawn shop and trying to get the things, whether item or $ for stuff pawned, just stuff that was kinda a mess for him (my take) and singing about WAiting for things....means you're frustrated (despite the song being happy and poppy) so having that line right before a build up of 'turning the page, moving on, etc, etc' i think is a cool fit.....and i love the references back to the good ole days....this is an epic work, but still think a lot of it feels rushed, like they had better in store but this is where they were at at the moment of needing to release it.....very DTOM feeling.....but very experimental and new and overallll......a fucking sweet album. its growing......i just wish that 1 part in Boomshanka where SA say "look at your face" and NICK has to come and fuck it up by repeating "look at your face" all shitty.......that is THE ONLY part of that song that i kinda....'mehh" over....other than that BS is sooooooo sick.......still love the album, but yeah, i wish i could edit a few things myself....like when Im at subway, i just want to say "HEY, can i just come over the counter and MAKE my OWN damn sandwich?" because i feel I'd do it best......again......if this was the product and they are confident and happy....I as a listener giving my honest impression and feedback is. "Cool work guys"
Alvarez311

Post by Alvarez311 »

4th listen....may be one of my favorite overall album. Close to Grassroots (as whole album) some of my favorites are off Soundsystem Transistor
CSM
Massive Laminate Fortress

Post by CSM »

Alvarez311 wrote:4th listen....may be one of my favorite overall album. Close to Grassroots (as whole album) some of my favorites are off Soundsystem Transistor
Dude no offense man but you're all over the place. In the post above you compared it to the shit pile that is DTOM and now this...so confused
Alvarez311

Post by Alvarez311 »

any musician want to help me figure out songs on guitar? Im working on The Great Divide. not sure if tuned in Eb or not.
Alvarez311

Post by Alvarez311 »

what ive got so far are the chords with Eb tune, (open)Eb (high)Eb Ab Gb for one part
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

When we started at 311 heaven. Jordan was my most hated poster... over the years he has evolved into my favorite. But I think you are wrong on this. It does sound out of place with the rest of the dark funk, but I think it is really great. Gay -for sure. And very new age... borders on straight out religious, but I love it. It sounds like it should be the last track on a much more pink floydian record - they COULD have ended on existential hero. And maybe the glow will wear off, but I am just so shit eating grin happy with what they produced that I want to let if fully sink in before I slice it apart. Wall-e 311 for sure - but as an aging half with gorilla it makes being scared of dying - and everyone I love dying - a smidge easier... and what else can you ask from a song?
Rock for Light
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

FreeRayLiotta wrote:When we started at 311 heaven. Jordan was my most hated poster... over the years he has evolved into my favorite. But I think you are wrong on this. It does sound out of place with the rest of the dark funk, but I think it is really great. Gay -for sure. And very new age... borders on straight out religious, but I love it. It sounds like it should be the last track on a much more pink floydian record - they COULD have ended on existential hero. And maybe the glow will wear off, but I am just so shit eating grin happy with what they produced that I want to let if fully sink in before I slice it apart. Wall-e 311 for sure - but as an aging half with gorilla it makes being scared of dying - and everyone I love dying - a smidge easier... and what else can you ask from a song?

YOU HEAR THAT GUYS? RAY SAYS I'M HIS FAVORITE.

Alvarez311 wrote:i wish i could edit a few things myself....like when Im at subway, i just want to say "HEY, can i just come over the counter and MAKE my OWN damn sandwich?" because i feel I'd do it best......

That's a really arrogant statement. I wouldn't want to hear an album made by you. Especially not a 311 album.

Ps. I just noticed the auto-tune on Tranquility. It's kind of annoying, but to be honest I don't know if it would sound much different without it anyway.

Later
ImageImage
kissame
Nothing but a walking sack of Earth

Post by kissame »

ska wrote:My only complaint is SA reusing the "boombox oww" line from Waiting in Boom Shanka. It just sticks out too much. Doesn't make sense in the contents of the song, which is a good song even with the line.
Makes perfect sense. To me anyway... Love that they put it in there.
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

I think SA or the band put it in as a joke imo
8/24/05, 6/30/09, 11/21/09,7/10/2010,7/13/2010,10/20/2010,10/21/2010,
**311 Cruise 2011**, 7/31/2012, 8/4/2012, 07/10/2013