Anyone else a little dissapointed?

Three Eleven.
Rude_Boy
Swing, I'm doin' my thing

Re: Anyone else a little dissapointed?

Post by Rude_Boy »

pnutwannabe wrote:If you like those albums you probably have questionable taste. Add DTOM into that list as well.
Yes if the person thinks that those albums on the whole are better than any of the previous then yes they are an idiot. But I kinda think that holds true for this one too....
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

Rude_Boy wrote:
pnutwannabe wrote:If you like those albums you probably have questionable taste. Add DTOM into that list as well.
Yes if the person thinks that those albums on the whole are better than any of the previous then yes they are an idiot. But I kinda think that holds true for this one too....
The question is are you one of those people comparing it to Grassroots and what not? If so, there's your problem.

:evil5:
Rude_Boy

Post by Rude_Boy »

bcolephases wrote:311 is not aging like a fine wine, we'll put it that way.
I almost want to make that a sig quote but it's just to negative to constantly see.
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

Leave the rude boy alone pnut. He's entitled to his own opinion.
And I don't think my wine quote is that negative, it's only stating the obvious.
Rude_Boy

Post by Rude_Boy »

pnutwannabe wrote:The question is are you one of those people comparing it to Grassroots and what not? If so, there's your problem.
So it's ok to compare it to DTOM & UP but not Grassroots? Do I stack every new album against all the previous works? Yes. I look at all their stuff as one big continuum. It's all one big song list. And it gets shitty towards the end.
Last edited by Rude_Boy on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rude_Boy

Post by Rude_Boy »

bcolephases wrote:Leave the rude boy alone pnut. He's entitled to his own opinion.
And I don't think my wine quote is that negative, it's only stating the obvious.
:thumbright:
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

Rhcp gets better with age, and their continuum isn't shitty at all.
hexumjunkie
We catch the drift and ride moving tides

Post by hexumjunkie »

Sorry I started this, its growing on me now that i can listen at home!
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

bcolephases wrote:Leave the rude boy alone pnut. He's entitled to his own opinion.
Be quiet. Adults are talking.
Rude_Boy wrote:
pnutwannabe wrote: The question is are you one of those people comparing it to Grassroots and what not? If so, there's your problem.
So it's ok to compare it to DTOM & UP but not Grassroots? Do I stack every new album against all the previous works? Yes. I look at all their stuff as one big continuum. It's all one big song list. And it gets shitty towards the end.
You can't expect an album that came out when they were in their 20s and an album that comes out in their 40s to be the same. They're different people with different lives and different priorities. If you're looking for Grassroots 2.0, well expect to be disappointed from here on out.

Well I guess this is growing up.

pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

bcolephases wrote:Rhcp gets better with age, and their continuum isn't shitty at all.
That is extremely debatable. I'm With You suffers from a severe lack of Frusciante.

Rude_Boy

Post by Rude_Boy »

bcolephases wrote:Rhcp gets better with age, and their continuum isn't shitty at all.
Ain't nobody perfect. I'm cool with RHCP but they got their own problems. 311 is more than just my favorite band. I owe them my allegiance. Their hard work and great messages have carried me through a lot and still do. They will always be the greatest group ever in my eyes. And that's why I'm also so critical of their new shit. I got high expectations.
Rude_Boy

Post by Rude_Boy »

pnutwannabe wrote:...Well I guess this is growing up.
I don't expect 2.0 anything. This is 311.11 that's what I expected. The hotness. Some new shit. Some of it is great. But you can't tell me that all of it is awesome.
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

pnutwannabe wrote:
That is extremely debatable. I'm With You suffers from a severe lack of Frusciante.
Half of their albums are without him and they still did pretty good for themselves. Given, they'd be shit without flea and/or tony.
Frusciante is still my favorite though.
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

Rude_Boy wrote:
pnutwannabe wrote:...Well I guess this is growing up.
I don't expect 2.0 anything. This is 311.11 that's what I expected. The hotness. Some new shit. Some of it is great. But you can't tell me that all of it is awesome.
I never said all of it is awesome. The three released songs are the weakest on there, and I'm not a huge fan of Tranquility. However this is the best thing they've done since From Chaos. There's creativity on this album.

bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

311 is not a "classic" band. They won't be remembered in 20 years by anyone else but us anyway, so all these arguments are exercises in futility.
Last edited by bcolephases on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rude_Boy

Post by Rude_Boy »

hexumjunkie wrote:Sorry I started this, its growing on me now that i can listen at home!
It's ok. It's cathartic for me. I don't get to talk much 311 and I just found this place. It's a good album and there are great songs on it. It's just a friendly discussion among passionate fans.
Rude_Boy

Post by Rude_Boy »

pnutwannabe wrote:I never said all of it is awesome. The three released songs are the weakest on there, and I'm not a huge fan of Tranquility. However this is the best thing they've done since From Chaos. There's creativity on this album.
Yea man my bad I was arguing with you this whole time like you were the op of what I quoted that you replied to. I think we are on the same page.
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

Rude_Boy wrote:
pnutwannabe wrote:I never said all of it is awesome. The three released songs are the weakest on there, and I'm not a huge fan of Tranquility. However this is the best thing they've done since From Chaos. There's creativity on this album.
Yea man my bad I was arguing with you this whole time like you were the op of what I quoted that you replied to. I think we are on the same page.
It's all good man. There was a solid back and forth there.

Rude_Boy

Post by Rude_Boy »

pnutwannabe wrote:It's all good man. There was a solid back and forth there.
Yea it was 311 has passionate fans though.
kissame
Nothing but a walking sack of Earth

Post by kissame »

bcolephases wrote:311 is not a "classic" band. They won't be remembered in 20 years by anyone else but us anyway, so all these arguments are exercises in futility.

This is always the my number one deciding factor on whether to like music or not... staying power.

'Cause you know all those one hit wonders that have songs around for 40+ years knew how to do it.