God forbid...

Three Eleven.
thenazzbrodels
The word that I heard was so absurd

God forbid...

Post by thenazzbrodels »

...311 puts out a random song or new release for the fans at any random time- like now for example. We never get anything anymore except for an album every 50 years. Unlike before where we got (good) b-sides, ETSD, live album, etc...

If I were in a huge band, I would think to myself, "hmm, I bet the fans would love and appreciate if we totally out of nowhere completed a song (from a new album or not) and released it to them to hold them over/keep them excited.."

And yes they have the time. Some songs are written in hours.

And if not a song, something else like I mentioned above like a new cool video compilation (ETSD) or b-sides/live thing.

But nope- nothing- ever..
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Re: God forbid...

Post by logosteel »

Every Thursday. A. New. Live. Show. I think that's pretty generous.
thenazzbrodels

Post by thenazzbrodels »

logosteel wrote:Every Thursday. A. New. Live. Show. I think that's pretty generous.
Um, that's not new anything...
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

oh well. discover some new bands like everyone else has done, then you'll have other music to listen to instead and it won't matter how often 311 releases stuff as much.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Jordan311 wrote:oh well. discover some new bands like everyone else has done, then you'll have other music to listen to instead and it won't matter how often 311 releases stuff as much.
thenazzbrodels

Post by thenazzbrodels »

lol
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

thenazzbrodels wrote:...or b-sides/live thing.

But nope- nothing- ever..
LIVE THING. EVERY THURSDAY.
thenazzbrodels

Post by thenazzbrodels »

What? I meant like the Live Album....something released to us the way the Live Album was. But more-so I mean new material...
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

thenazzbrodels wrote:What? I meant like the Live Album....something released to us the way the Live Album was. But more-so I mean new material...

Not trying to be a dick honestly. But the live album wasn't new material. These thursday releases are EXACTLY the same thing just, well, downloads of it.

I'm cool with it, and now look forward to thursdays. How stoked would you be if a live show was released that you attended? I know I would pony up the $$ :bounce:
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

This is a bad week to use for the every thursday thing: http://archive.org/details/311-2004-07-09.shnf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thenazzbrodels

Post by thenazzbrodels »

logosteel wrote:
thenazzbrodels wrote:What? I meant like the Live Album....something released to us the way the Live Album was. But more-so I mean new material...

Not trying to be a dick honestly. But the live album wasn't new material. These thursday releases are EXACTLY the same thing just, well, downloads of it.

I'm cool with it, and now look forward to thursdays. How stoked would you be if a live show was released that you attended? I know I would pony up the $$ :bounce:
I don't mean that. I meant yes a new live release of some kind would be cool, but I am primarily saying it would be nice if they released some mastered b-side or new song every once in a while. They NEVER do anymore at all. No b-sides at a random time between albums, no ETSD video or tracks....just boring now. I feel like nothing's happened with them for years, which is kinda true..

And touring isn't exciting at all. It may be if you actually go to a show, but other than that or if you don't attend any, it's kind of meaningless and certainly nothing new.
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

Nothing new is right. Haven't been to a show since 2010, but they generally suck and are exactly the same.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

seriously, just listen to other music in the meantime
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

give 311 a fuckin break man
thenazzbrodels

Post by thenazzbrodels »

Lmao a break? Why? Did they go through tough times or something? No, not really. There's no reason they can't do a little more than they are (if they are still into it and willing that is, like they used to be).

C'mon, think about what you're arguing against, it's not too much to ask...
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

It's not like they have kids (some newborns) or their all older than 40 or anything.
:evil5: TB>BB
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

idk i feel genuinely apathetic and i can understand excitement about a new album but i feel like the general consensus is that like who cares about forcing them to do a whole bunch of still because cats
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

^ LSD?
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Shiny wrote:who cares about forcing them to do a whole bunch of still because cats
ImageImage
:evil5:
bbshorts
Hear it all the time, come back rewind

Post by bbshorts »

I agree with the OP. ETSD 3 is long overdue. As I understand, P-Nut has a lot of footage from the DTOM sessions that has never been released. There are some B-Sides from the past few albums that have not been released yet: "Time Heals All Wounds" from DTOM, "A Week of Saturdays" from Uplifter, etc.

311 did give us the 11/11/11 Red Rocks show, which was pretty cool. A new single or song would be nice, kind of like "First Straw" and "How Do you Feel?", as well as "Reggae Got Soul". It would be cool if 311 all got together and jammed in the studio, (no splicing riffs together in pro-tools), come up with a complete, song, record it, and release it. Probably won't happen though. I won't hold my breath,