should I name my son 'Taiyden'?

Three Eleven.
Slinkygurl311
Welcome to this Groove

Re: should I name my son 'Taiyden'?

Post by Slinkygurl311 »

Did your parents give you a shitty name? Is that your real problem?
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

Slinkygurl311 wrote:Did your parents give you a shitty name? Is that your real problem?
Nope.

Plus they have too much class/taste to name me something shitty like Taiyden.

:evil5:
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

Slinkygurl311 wrote:Or what if he grows up liking the band or at least the song, lots of people name kids after songs. But he stumbles on this thread one day. You want to think the parents suck but you're only going to make him feel terrible one day. I'm just saying no need to be rude.
You should watch the freakonomics documentary that explains clearly why you shouldn't saddle your child with a "creative" name.

I don't know the parents. I can't really speak to them sucking or not. But I can tell you that I think this is a silly name that could potentially effect the child negatively throughout their life or maybe he won't let stupid shit like a name effect him and he'll be happy and go lucky. Maybe he'll even like the band.

Who cares what we think anyway, you don't even know us and we don't know you or your friends.

I feel like you came here to prove a point and a bad one and got the answers you were looking for
Freeze Time
Butterfly in the wind without a care

Post by Freeze Time »

Should name the kid dogface
Do Not Fist Fight The Bears
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

Freeze Time wrote:Should name the kid dogface
should name the kid "stealing happy hours" SHH for short
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Freeze Time wrote:Should name the kid dogface

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImage
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Slinkygurl311 wrote:Or what if he grows up liking the band or at least the song, lots of people name kids after songs. But he stumbles on this thread one day. You want to think the parents suck but you're only going to make him feel terrible one day. I'm just saying no need to be rude.
wait are you the person who named their son 'Taiyden'?
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

I would personally be honored if I were born in the current decade and one day found out that a bunch of cool 90s kids were talking shit on me as a newborn :!:
EvenField2BeOn
Shades of gold displayed naturally

Post by EvenField2BeOn »

You have to think about ppl giving these strange names to their kids..how it's going to effect them when they grow up and try to get a job. I'd hire a Taiyden because I'm a 311 fan but I bet a lot of ppl would be like WTF and throw that resume out lol. :lol:
Freeze Time
Butterfly in the wind without a care

Post by Freeze Time »

Really? I mean Taiyden is a terrible name but its not offensive. I don't think it would lose someone a job. It's not his name is camelsdick
Do Not Fist Fight The Bears
EvenField2BeOn
Shades of gold displayed naturally

Post by EvenField2BeOn »

I remember writing a ten page paper in this psych/hr class about names and employment. What your name is has a high correlation to your occupation and your employment situation. It sounds unbelievable but there have been studies. Just like looks effect things, where you live, what schools you went to etc. Unfortunately ppl stereotype..
AnnieG
Welcome to this Groove

Post by AnnieG »

Ha a friend of mine told me about this thread. Too funny. Hi I'm Taiydens mom:) btw how did you guys know all my daughters names. It's like you live in my head :lol: . Those of you sticking up for the name choice slinkygurl, I think.. Sorry I'm new here not sure how to look back, thanks :) but really it's okay. I'm not easily offended I do find most of it funny. Maybe harsh towards me a bit.. Damn guys lol. Honestly I always liked the name Tayden, which doesn't seem weird to me, I know a few. But maybe it is strange. And I get spelling it the way we did is odd, but means something to us. And lucky for taiy he's growing up in a state where the majority of kids have strange spelled names;) (also he's crazy smart and LOVES 311 he asks for Taiydens song every day, and sings along to all the songs from U.P.) anyway not trying to defend really just wanted to say hi! I feel like a celeb or something. Gotta go write down these name idea you guys got (totally kidding before you throw stones!;))
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

I think the joke was originally just supposed to be 'look at this crazy 311 fan naming their child after a 311 song lol'. However, the name itself isn't any weirder that what some of those WILLIAMSBURG HIPSTER PARENTS are naming their children these days anyway, am I right? So it works. This was posted 3 years ago. So you were just ahead of the times.

That's cool that you found this forum and are down with our stupid jokes. Also that's crazy that Taiyden is old enough to talk and be a person already. :o

Anyway I think as consolation, every poster here should be forced to name their firstborn AnnieG as an apology for this thread.
AnnieG
Welcome to this Groove

Post by AnnieG »

Shiny wrote:I think the joke was originally just supposed to be 'look at this crazy 311 fan naming their child after a 311 song lol'. However, the name itself isn't any weirder that what some of those WILLIAMSBURG HIPSTER PARENTS are naming their children these days anyway, am I right? So it works. This was posted 3 years ago. So you were just ahead of the times.

That's cool that you found this forum and are down with our stupid jokes. Also that's crazy that Taiyden is old enough to talk and be a person already. :o

Anyway I think as consolation, every poster here should be forced to name their firstborn AnnieG as an apology for this thread.
Lol no need for appologies:) I can take it. My family thinks it's a little weird too. But I still love it.

It is crazy he turned 3 last week. He never stops talking lol. He's a big brother now to little boom shanka <----just kidding :lol: but he is a good big brother
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

ImageImage
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

AnnieG has a good sense of humor and is welcome around here anytime!
Slinkygurl on the otherhand is unbearable!
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Smoke wrote:AnnieG has a good sense of humor and is welcome around here anytime!

I'm sure she's really glad she has your permission.

oh wait, nobody gives a shit.

Later
ImageImage
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

Jordan311 wrote:
Smoke wrote:AnnieG has a good sense of humor and is welcome around here anytime!

I'm sure she's really glad she has your permission.

oh wait, nobody gives a shit.

Later
Jordan on the other hand is an insufferable twat
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

sick burn bro.

Later
ImageImage