Listening to Transistor....

Three Eleven.
thenazzbrodels
The word that I heard was so absurd

Listening to Transistor....

Post by thenazzbrodels »

....with headphones on at work right now. Listened all the way through, which I always do, but turned up the treble (aka these headphones have no bass) more than normal (usually listening in my car with subs).

It honestly just makes me want to cry listening to how good this album really is and seeing that nothing that the band has ever made before or after it even compares. The albums directly before and after don't even have one real shred of similarity to it.

Seriously, the whole space/alien theme just makes me so...something inside. Whether it is nostalgic or something (nostalgic towards what, I am not sure; maybe to being a kid and having an imagination and adventures)- or almost like I want to explore space for real as an astronaut or something that I will never do.

Focusing on the background sounds and the incomparable voice effects (I mean, really turn up the vocals or treble or whatever and listen to S.A. in Galaxy or either singer on really any of the songs)...those simple effects alone makes me love this album. S.A. on Galaxy is flawless and truly other-worldly. The lyrics are just...I can't describe.
Making them sound like they are some alien beings or are in space themselves or something makes this so good.

This goes even double for the second half of the album or so. Every song, the sounds and effects, are all just so space-themed and "experimental" and just makes my mind go 100% towards planets, space, aliens, transmissions, signals, every Sci-Fi space movie I've ever seen, etc... It is just so cool. Galaxy, Strangers, Jupiter, Borders, Light Years, Electricity, Prisoner, Creature Feature, Starshines...they all just make me feel like I'm on some kind of adventure with some cool space people-it's sad to realize it's not really happening.

Also, this really gets me. Turn up (very loudly) the "secret" part after the end of Stealing Happy Hours...the part with the alleged radio transmissions captured in space (read this http://musicmoz.org/Bands_and_Artists/3 ... ransistor/..actually, read all the little tid bits of info..pretty cool about those samples too). Oh man, when I turned this up in the headphones, which I have never really done, I feel like I am in space, like in Starship Troopers or StarCraft or something and near planets and spaceships and shit on some adventure.

I KNOW they are just songs and it's just a band and it's just human beings doing this...but something about it just makes my imagination and thoughts go wild sometimes- like it really could be something more.

Just to confirm, I am not high or on any drugs and I do not have dementia or any other weird mental issues. I am not even a real big nerd and overly into space or anything (although I think it's really cool). I am just sitting at a desk at work in a huge open office area...and just had these thoughts while listening to the album and playing certain segments over and over and Googling related space things and such. Listening with headphones, even shitty ones, just streaming straight from my online library (on Google Music) is much more personal and every little sound and vocal is heard (since it is without the usual bass or EQ effects of most systems/PCs/media player apps). The voice effects come through much more clearly too.

Damn it...I wish the whole idea of Transistor could just...continue somehow, and that more people knew and felt it....

TLDNR: Transistor is the best thing I've ever heard, nothing compares, not even any other 311. The space theme just kills me with its greatness every time I hear most songs on it. It makes me want something more..something extended of its whole feeling and idea..
Space is cool.
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Listening to Transistor....

Post by Tehshewz »

Transistor is the most over rated 311 album.
You know the band hates it when they don't even want to play the songs live.
8/24/05, 6/30/09, 11/21/09,7/10/2010,7/13/2010,10/20/2010,10/21/2010,
**311 Cruise 2011**, 7/31/2012, 8/4/2012, 07/10/2013
:evil5:
thenazzbrodels

Post by thenazzbrodels »

Tehshewz wrote:Transistor is the most over rated 311 album.
You know the band hates it when they don't even want to play the songs live.
Here we go....

...It's not overrated. They just changed for the worse for whatever reasons. Now they're just pop crap (compared to before).

You can't deny that 311 was on another planet a that time (so to speak)...and in a totally positive, mindblowing-ly creative way.

If you can't hear the creativity and thought that went into the lyrics and sounds, and the way it was put together..then you have no ear or mind.
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

Transistor is my favorite album of any band ever.

If the band has any hate for this album or the songs in it you should provide proof to back it up. I've never heard this statement before and, I have heard through the grape vine they may intend on doing something conceptually similiar on future albums.

Transistor is why I'm a huge 311 fan, it was brilliant. If they hated it, why did they play it in full for Pow Wow?
thenazzbrodels

Post by thenazzbrodels »

Smoke wrote:If they hated it, why did they play it in full for Pow Wow?
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

Have you guys heard Universal Pulse?
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

thenazzbrodels wrote:
Smoke wrote:If they hated it, why did they play it in full for Pow Wow?
Money
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

my only regret in life is that i wasnt the first person to respond to this thread with the word 'fag'... it definitely loses its impact down here... but my word still stands
thenazzbrodels

Post by thenazzbrodels »

Die you fat nerdy fuck
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

you ever had your ass kicked by a fucking american?
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

the way that i see it is that 311 used Transistor (a device to transmit ideas) to send a signal out there in the cosmic conscious universe to awaken the gay in people..... and you surely were quite attentive to that message... haha enjoy sucking HEXUM dick
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

Shiny wrote:the way that i see it is that 311 used Transistor (a device to transmit ideas) to send a signal out there in the cosmic conscious universe to awaken the gay in people..... and you surely were quite attentive to that message... haha enjoy sucking HEXUM dick

:lol:
thenazzbrodels

Post by thenazzbrodels »

Shiny wrote:you ever had your ass kicked by a fucking american?
I dont understand.

FAGGOT

Go die in real life
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

why does everyone on this board throw around the word "faggot" so much?
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

Shiny wrote:the way that i see it is that 311 used Transistor (a device to transmit ideas) to send a signal out there in the cosmic conscious universe to awaken the gay in people..... and you surely were quite attentive to that message... haha enjoy sucking HEXUM dick
Transistor was nicks way come out of the closet.

Hence: Transistor.

Transistor: TRAIN-SISTER-DOOR
Definition: In relation to the "Hardcore" 311 fans favorite album:
This album was created in celebration of Nick Hexum (lead singer) transitioning out of the closet.
Each song expresses Nicks feelings on how it is like to be gay.

Source: Nickhexumisagayhomofagface.com/wikihomofagfacenickhexum
Tags: White pants, Mohawk,fag,transistor.
thenazzbrodels

Post by thenazzbrodels »

Tehshewz wrote:

This album was created in celebration of Nick Hexum (lead singer) transitioning out of the closet.

Oh man you have issues. You are a plague on this board and prly in real life. Everything you say is a joke and you are ridiculous. You depressing fuck.
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

thenazzbrodels wrote:
Tehshewz wrote:

Oh man you have issues. You are a plague on this board and prly in real life. Everything you say is a joke and you are ridiculous. You depressing fuck.
You came from the 311bbs right?
thenazzbrodels

Post by thenazzbrodels »

You came from a broken home and a crack mother right?
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

thenazzbrodels wrote:You came from a broken home and a crack mother right?
I have two dads.
Jokes on you.
SoundSalad
Electrified by the sound

Post by SoundSalad »

Tehshewz wrote:
thenazzbrodels wrote:You came from a broken home and a crack mother right?
I have two dads.
Jokes on you.
Err, I think that means the joke is on you. I know it can be hard, but try being positive.
I'm a white boy so I do like the big butt.