Meet and Greet

Three Eleven.
kateric10
Massive Laminate Fortress

Meet and Greet

Post by kateric10 »

So I have meet and greet tickets to the Salt Lake City show and am wondering what to expect. Has anyone on the board already attended a meet and greet this tour?

I am getting the impression that it's going to be short and sweet. Can you take whatever you want them to sign? I want my 311 day posters signed....How long do you get to chat with them? I hope it's more than just a couple of minutes each.
311chaos
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Meet and Greet

Post by 311chaos »

Nice. I am going to the show too. I do not have the meet and greet passes though.. ;(
kateric10

Post by kateric10 »

Anyone?
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

im assuming like an hour
:evil5: TB>BB
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

Tell them you stole the DTOM demos while they are signing something.
Have some one take a pic, post here.
?????
Profit.
8/24/05, 6/30/09, 11/21/09,7/10/2010,7/13/2010,10/20/2010,10/21/2010,
**311 Cruise 2011**, 7/31/2012, 8/4/2012, 07/10/2013
:evil5:
kateric10

Post by kateric10 »

$lmjimy311 wrote:im assuming like an hour
That would be sweet to have an hour with them!! My initial thought was , "Hey let us sign your stuff, take a quick picture, and get the hell out of here."

I would love some time to actually speak to all of them for a few minutes!!
kateric10

Post by kateric10 »

Tehshewz wrote:Tell them you stole the DTOM demos while they are signing something.
?????
Profit.

hahaha not sure Dave would be too happy about me taking his credit.
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

kateric10 wrote:
Tehshewz wrote:Tell them you stole the DTOM demos while they are signing something.
?????
Profit.

hahaha not sure Dave would be too happy about me taking his credit.
I know :(

I really really badly want to see the reaction 8)
8/24/05, 6/30/09, 11/21/09,7/10/2010,7/13/2010,10/20/2010,10/21/2010,
**311 Cruise 2011**, 7/31/2012, 8/4/2012, 07/10/2013
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

when i was at pow wow i was at the merch tent and the rasplers were right next to me. It took every ounce of energy for me to not say something about the demos. They were with a camera man so im assuming they were filming for the next 311 dvd.
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

that guy was mark, he runs the .com I asked peter if they were going to allow open taping and he said it's up in the air.......
Millpool
The fish who keeps on swimming

Post by Millpool »

kateric10 wrote:So I have meet and greet tickets to the Salt Lake City show and am wondering what to expect. Has anyone on the board already attended a meet and greet this tour?

I am getting the impression that it's going to be short and sweet. Can you take whatever you want them to sign? I want my 311 day posters signed....How long do you get to chat with them? I hope it's more than just a couple of minutes each.
I have been to 3 formal meet and greets. Unfortunately it is short and sweet. All 3 times I brought like 3 things. One time I brought a couple 8x10 promo's and my 3-11-04 poster. Everytime I met them, I tried to chat, but there are other's there waiting to meet the band too so unfortunately you got a minute or 2 tops to chat with each bandmate...

The best time to meet them if you wanna chat and not be rushed by security, is on a fall tour at small venues. I was walking down the side walk beside a theater last fall by the buses, and Nick basically walked into me. I was leaning on the wall talking on the phone, killing time cause I was way too early and a tall dude with a ginsing hat and a clip board walked off a bus, and up the sidewalk, past me and said "whats up", he was pacing like he was looking for someone, I didn't get a good look at him, I was like "that must be one of the raspler's DAMN they are tall", he was standing by me, he had a setlist on his clipboard, then he turned and I got a good look at his face and I was like "oh shit Nick? and he turned around, I was like "dude I gotta go Nick Hexum is standing next to me!" lol... Same with Sa and P-nut, they just walked out of the venue and straight up to me and asked where I was from/etc and it was nice not to talk, and not be rushed by security...
kateric10

Post by kateric10 »

Millpool wrote:
kateric10 wrote:So I have meet and greet tickets to the Salt Lake City show and am wondering what to expect. Has anyone on the board already attended a meet and greet this tour?

I have been to 3 formal meet and greets. Unfortunately it is short and sweet. All 3 times I brought like 3 things. One time I brought a couple 8x10 promo's and my 3-11-04 poster. Everytime I met them, I tried to chat, but there are other's there waiting to meet the band too so unfortunately you got a minute or 2 tops to chat with each bandmate...

The best time to meet them if you wanna chat and not be rushed by security, is on a fall tour at small venues. I was walking down the side walk beside a theater last fall by the buses, and Nick basically walked into me. I was leaning on the wall talking on the phone, killing time cause I was way too early and a tall dude with a ginsing hat and a clip board walked off a bus, and up the sidewalk, past me and said "whats up", he was pacing like he was looking for someone, I didn't get a good look at him, I was like "that must be one of the raspler's DAMN they are tall", he was standing by me, he had a setlist on his clipboard, then he turned and I got a good look at his face and I was like "oh shit Nick? and he turned around, I was like "dude I gotta go Nick Hexum is standing next to me!" lol... Same with Sa and P-nut, they just walked out of the venue and straight up to me and asked where I was from/etc and it was nice not to talk, and not be rushed by security...
Thank you Millpool! That is exactly what I needed to know. I will take my 311 day posters to get them signed for sure. Again, thanks!!
EvenField2BeOn
Shades of gold displayed naturally

Post by EvenField2BeOn »

During the DTOM tour at Red Rocks I met nick walking around after the Red Rocks show. He seemed kinda depressed or out of it lol. My friend was bugging him about why didn't they play tribute and some other rare songs. He seemed kinda like a brain fried guy. Later on I met SA and told him he should do a lot more singing, as he was really on point on all the songs that night. SA seemed more jockish we know he can fight. He would be the first 311 member to kick some ass. The tour bus door was open and we could see Tim chugging pints of beer from his pitcher pretty funny.

I also met them all when I got backstage passes when they were touring with incubus during the From Chaos tour, the show was in St. Louis. Other than those two shows I briefly met a few of them by the bus at other shows but nothing much. Oh, yeah I forgot we got to smoke a joint with one of the bands they were touring with, one of the smaller ones. I honestly cannot remember off the top of my head. And I had a heinken with the DJ from Incubus pretty cool dude. I got wasted with the a couple of member of the Urge and Jimmie Chicken Shack too, as they were playing a small venue at my university at the time. Has anyone been totally out of it at a show? When I saw them at Dekalb, Illinois at NIU in 2007/2006? I was shrooming my brains out, I think PNut was purple during Uncalm. Ahh the memories.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

dear all of you,

these are really awesome tales
oldschool311
If you're feelin' sick we got the elixir

Post by oldschool311 »

Yoni took me on the tour bus and rolled up a blunt at the SS show in scranton pa back in 99 or 2000 i forget, but damn Yoni be crazy son.
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

oldschool311 wrote:Yoni took me on the tour bus and rolled up a blunt at the SS show in scranton pa back in 99 or 2000 i forget, but damn Yoni be crazy son.
Holy shit i think i went to that show too. Was it at a venue that looked like an old gothic church? Jimmies Chicken Shack opened? Tripped balls for that show. Good times
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

EvenField2BeOn wrote:During the DTOM tour at Red Rocks I met nick walking around after the Red Rocks show. He seemed kinda depressed or out of it lol. My friend was bugging him about why didn't they play tribute and some other rare songs. He seemed kinda like a brain fried guy. Later on I met SA and told him he should do a lot more singing, as he was really on point on all the songs that night. SA seemed more jockish we know he can fight. He would be the first 311 member to kick some ass. The tour bus door was open and we could see Tim chugging pints of beer from his pitcher pretty funny.

I also met them all when I got backstage passes when they were touring with incubus during the From Chaos tour, the show was in St. Louis. Other than those two shows I briefly met a few of them by the bus at other shows but nothing much. Oh, yeah I forgot we got to smoke a joint with one of the bands they were touring with, one of the smaller ones. I honestly cannot remember off the top of my head. And I had a heinken with the DJ from Incubus pretty cool dude. I got wasted with the a couple of member of the Urge and Jimmie Chicken Shack too, as they were playing a small venue at my university at the time. Has anyone been totally out of it at a show? When I saw them at Dekalb, Illinois at NIU in 2007/2006? I was shrooming my brains out, I think PNut was purple during Uncalm. Ahh the memories.
You are absolutely the worst.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
kateric10

Post by kateric10 »

Can't believe it's finally here! Still trying to figure out what to say to them....When my wife got her picture taken with Nick at 311 Day 2010 I was so star struck all I could say was to him was "thank you and please sign my poster."

Today marks my 40th 311 show and so excited to finally meet the entire band...
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Nate wrote:
EvenField2BeOn wrote:During the DTOM tour at Red Rocks I met nick walking around after the Red Rocks show. He seemed kinda depressed or out of it lol. My friend was bugging him about why didn't they play tribute and some other rare songs. He seemed kinda like a brain fried guy. Later on I met SA and told him he should do a lot more singing, as he was really on point on all the songs that night. SA seemed more jockish we know he can fight. He would be the first 311 member to kick some ass. The tour bus door was open and we could see Tim chugging pints of beer from his pitcher pretty funny.

You are absolutely the worst.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

kateric10 wrote:Can't believe it's finally here! Still trying to figure out what to say to them....When my wife got her picture taken with Nick at 311 Day 2010 I was so star struck all I could say was to him was "thank you and please sign my poster."

Today marks my 40th 311 show and so excited to finally meet the entire band...
they are excited to meet you as well