Official Bashing of UP Thread

Three Eleven.
311silver
Listen to everyone then disregard it

Re: Official Bashing of UP Thread

Post by 311silver »

Well ive listened to this (short) album 3 times so far, its growing on me fast.
03-11-08, 03-11-04, 03-11-02, 03-11-00, 12-02-1999, 12-01-1999, 05-22-1996, 10-30-1994
Jay Leno
Cruise on by the Frowners

Post by Jay Leno »

The beginning of "Trouble", before Nick's weak ass vocals...I think I remember hearing that while playing Sega in the 90's. Sounds like an intro to a new level on a 90's video game. What a shame.
Jay Leno
Cruise on by the Frowners

Post by Jay Leno »

I keep hoping 311 will just put out one more fast paced/high energy album. This day will never come.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

Samsupnthismothafuka wrote:this is not even an album, its a mix of random muttering songs. no direction or emotional structure was put in to this. such a disappointment
i'm gonna stop reading the thread here (since i like the songs)

but i just wanted to point out this quote. especially "no direction or emotional structure was put in to this." -- kinda reminds me of the first 3 albums, right? no theme, just random songs in a compilation. the closest we got to a theme in the first 3 albums was unity flowing into hydroponic on Music. that's it.

everyone's expecting something they're never going to get. what IS it that everyone wants to hear? another transistor? is that it?
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
311silver
Listen to everyone then disregard it

Post by 311silver »

fatlip wrote:
Samsupnthismothafuka wrote:this is not even an album, its a mix of random muttering songs. no direction or emotional structure was put in to this. such a disappointment
i'm gonna stop reading the thread here (since i like the songs)

but i just wanted to point out this quote. especially "no direction or emotional structure was put in to this." -- kinda reminds me of the first 3 albums, right? no theme, just random songs in a compilation. the closest we got to a theme in the first 3 albums was unity flowing into hydroponic on Music. that's it.

everyone's expecting something they're never going to get. what IS it that everyone wants to hear? another transistor? is that it?
Transistor was my least favorite album and it seems like its many peoples favorite. IMO, Transistor was a different 311 than all the other albums.
03-11-08, 03-11-04, 03-11-02, 03-11-00, 12-02-1999, 12-01-1999, 05-22-1996, 10-30-1994
thenazzbrodels
The word that I heard was so absurd

Post by thenazzbrodels »

311silver wrote: Transistor was my least favorite album and it seems like its many peoples favorite.
That hurts..
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

Music was just a mix, Grassroots theme was all about growing up, living gritty, and saying fuck the system. The blue album was all about style and flavor, they were telling you who they were and that they were here to stay.

The hell you talkin' bout Dave. This album has 0% feel to it, and the only theme i could think of is "reflection"...which i thought Uplifter was trying to touch on
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Jordan311 wrote:SA's part at the end on AAWTG is definitely straight out of the magic schoolbus

Later
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

Samsupnthismothafuka wrote:Music was just a mix, Grassroots theme was all about growing up, living gritty, and saying fuck the system. The blue album was all about style and flavor, they were telling you who they were and that they were here to stay.

The hell you talkin' bout Dave. This album has 0% feel to it, and the only theme i could think of is "reflection"...which i thought Uplifter was trying to touch on
I thought the theme was playing music live for the fans blahblahblablabhlbgh
Yet the only song that has this message is what, Timebomb?
8/24/05, 6/30/09, 11/21/09,7/10/2010,7/13/2010,10/20/2010,10/21/2010,
**311 Cruise 2011**, 7/31/2012, 8/4/2012, 07/10/2013
:evil5:
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

Trouble is about nick playing really drunk live
thenazzbrodels
The word that I heard was so absurd

Post by thenazzbrodels »

Samsupnthismothafuka wrote:Trouble is about nick playing really drunk live
e.g. First Straw on Kimmel LMAO
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

i heard someone playing 'first straw' from their car last weekend and it was the first time i'd listened to it in so long and i was just so amazed at how bad the lyrics are.

'the first straw's a metaphor i pick up myself/ it tells me something while showing me something else'

lmao fuck you SA
BigWiLLy311
All I really wanna is to feel nirvana

Post by BigWiLLy311 »

The first two pages of this thread are fucking hilarious.
HellaCrusty
Table Rosa is my brain

Post by HellaCrusty »

Shiny wrote:i heard someone playing 'first straw' from their car last weekend and it was the first time i'd listened to it in so long and i was just so amazed at how bad the lyrics are.

'the first straw's a metaphor i pick up myself/ it tells me something while showing me something else'

lmao fuck you SA
First Straw was an all time low for 311.
Layzer
I rock like this, I flow like that

Post by Layzer »

Shiny wrote:nick says with a lisp, 'lets title this one 'rock on''
ilold
Byew-Byew Layzer beam
verytallmidget
I'm a cat nippin sippin on the flask

Post by verytallmidget »

I dont get why everyone is on here bashing 311 for their music.

No one is forcing you to keep listening and purchasing their music nor are you being forced to attend their concerts; but yet we all still do.

Why is this?

Because we love the band and the music they have created! Who cares if some songs are weaker than others? No band is ever going to have a perfect album, just enjoy the fact that your so called "favorite band" is releasing new music.

I have been listening to the album all day and sure it COULD have more songs, a few songs COULD be better, etc. I dont let that stuff bother me, instead of spending so much time fussing and complaining about the music and trying to dissect it in to 1000000 pieces - just sit back and enjoy it.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm troll food taste good.
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

and where the fuck is sexton on this album?
flyersfan900
Taiyed Brodel

Post by flyersfan900 »

behind the drum kit
SoundSalad
Electrified by the sound

Post by SoundSalad »

verytallmidget wrote:I dont get why everyone is on here bashing 311 for their music.

No one is forcing you to keep listening and purchasing their music nor are you being forced to attend their concerts; but yet we all still do.

Why is this?

Because we love the band and the music they have created! Who cares if some songs are weaker than others? No band is ever going to have a perfect album, just enjoy the fact that your so called "favorite band" is releasing new music.

I have been listening to the album all day and sure it COULD have more songs, a few songs COULD be better, etc. I dont let that stuff bother me, instead of spending so much time fussing and complaining about the music and trying to dissect it in to 1000000 pieces - just sit back and enjoy it.

I will probably love anything that 311 ever puts out. That said, I'm disappointed with what I have read regarding 311 and Bob Rock's relationship and the huge impact Bob Rock seems to have on every aspect of their music. Seems hypocritical of 311. It's like he is a 6th member. Oh well, who cares....I'll get over it. I'm sure it's not like what I am making it seem like. I love the UP!
I'm a white boy so I do like the big butt.