Meeting 311, so many things I want to say...

Three Eleven.
Shadow OSX
Let's think of all the good times

Meeting 311, so many things I want to say...

Post by Shadow OSX »

Yeah I'll be meeting them here http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=231448950218339

This is definitely one of my bucket list items. I've been waiting for a long time to have this moment. There are so many things I want to ask, like about song lyrics, song meanings, personal experiences and so on. I don't want to get infront of them and look like a start struck goof hahaha. I'll narrow my thoughts down and will say what I hope will be the perfect thing. I'll prob have like 5-10 seconds maybe longer to say my piece. Probably just end up saying thank you and that their music means alot to me lol.

That got me thinking. If you had 15-30 seconds with the entire band. What would you say or do? :)
thenazzbrodels
The word that I heard was so absurd

Re: Meeting 311, so many things I want to say...

Post by thenazzbrodels »

To re-listen to your old music, make your new music more like that and make your albums longer.

Maybe show them an old YouTube performance to remind them of how they once were. Shame.
flyersfan900
Taiyed Brodel

Post by flyersfan900 »

i don't think i'd ever want to meet them but i'd say

1 do nick's concept album idea
2 release your damn live recordings/videos
3 play more ss/transistor this summer
Shadow OSX

Post by Shadow OSX »

thenazzbrodels wrote:To re-listen to your old music, make your new music more like that and make your albums longer.

Maybe show them an old YouTube performance to remind them of how they once were. Shame.
Yeah I'm sure that would fly. If I have a matter of seconds with them, I'd rather share a smile than a frown lol.
thenazzbrodels
The word that I heard was so absurd

Post by thenazzbrodels »

Shadow OSX wrote:
thenazzbrodels wrote:To re-listen to your old music, make your new music more like that and make your albums longer.

Yeah I'm sure that would fly. If I have a matter of seconds with them, I'd rather share a smile than a frown lol.
Lol I know, that's just what I want to say...
Shadow OSX

Post by Shadow OSX »

thenazzbrodels wrote:
Shadow OSX wrote:

Lol I know, that's just what I want to say...
I've always wanted to know exactly what the hell they're saying in the background during the chorus of Gap. I know that 311.com says something like "Eat smoked fish, that is my favorite dish" but I've always wondered lol...
tred311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by tred311 »

I finally met Nick and SA about 7 years ago after a show in Cleveland. Extremely brief but really a stand out moment in my mind. I just said that I am a huge fan, thanked them for the great tunes and then said the following: "Hey Nick, would you mind taking a picture with my fiance and I?" He stopped, turned and looked at us and said "sure thing man, congratulations!" I was so stoked that he recognized the fact that we were getting married and we got a great pic! :bounce:

Also, we honey-mooned in NOLA for 311 Day 2004!!! :D
"Never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut"
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

he also likes tossed salad and clam chowder
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
Scopesx311
The soul that you have is electricity

Post by Scopesx311 »

i would say this... do you wanna smoke? ... they would respond no and that would be that... cause they already know you are a huge fan if you paid the type of money to meet them... so if they wanted to smoke, then you might get some more one on one time
We're always searching for whats wrong...

Just dont drop that shit!!!

Goodbye Fried Rice... HELLO FRIED CHICKEN!!!
Shadow OSX

Post by Shadow OSX »

Scopesx311 wrote:i would say this... do you wanna smoke? ... they would respond no and that would be that... cause they already know you are a huge fan if you paid the type of money to meet them... so if they wanted to smoke, then you might get some more one on one time
I've always wondered what would happen if I asked them that. It would be a dream come true to toke with one of them... but let's be real, my kb's prob couldnt touch theirs haha
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

dont know how i would react given the opportunity, but odds are id just ask for a picture and tell them thanks.
:evil5: TB>BB
Shadow OSX

Post by Shadow OSX »

$lmjimy311 wrote:dont know how i would react given the opportunity, but odds are id just ask for a picture and tell them thanks.
Yeah that's what I'm thinkin :wink:
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

pierce (one of the guys on this board) asked tim if he wanted to smoke with us when we met him in austin, but he couldn't cuz he had to do soundcheck or something. he did say he would have liked to though. we got a picture with him.
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
Scopesx311

Post by Scopesx311 »

I guess you could say i was lucky enough to smoke with nick hexum once during the rock for kerry tour... my buddy had been talking with the drummer throughout the nite and he got us on the tour bus... hexum was a dick, weird

still love the band tho =)

flyersfan900
Taiyed Brodel

Post by flyersfan900 »

Scopesx311 wrote:I guess you could say i was lucky enough to smoke with nick hexum once during the rock for kerry tour... my buddy had been talking with the drummer throughout the nite and he got us on the tour bus... hexum was a dick, weird

still love the band tho =)
can we get some more info about your time on the tour bus? specifically how was nick a dick? stories please!
Scopesx311

Post by Scopesx311 »

Okay okay maybe calling him a dick was a bit harsh...

Here is how it went down.. he was outside signing autographs and smoking a fat cigar..

We got on the bus with the drummer and waited for a little bit for him to come back on. When he did make it back on he was pretty damn drunk, or stoned i dunno. So we light this doobie (mind you i took my time rolling this warlock which was some pretty damn good herb i must say) he takes a fat rip, passes it to the girl accross from him who was bitching to him about how his Ginseng clothing line didnt send the right shirt she had ordered. At first I was just like whatever, Im smoking with one of the creators of music that I truly love. But then it hit me. He totally fucked up the circle. Doobie was getting passed around in every direction but mine and my friends. So thats that. Doobies done... he is just sitting there not saying shit to any of us except for the girl who was bitching about her fucked up order. So what does he do, he pulls out his wallet and hands her 50 bucks. At that point the tour manager jumps on the bus and is pissed that we are all on there smoking bud, whatever dude haha... Nick starts bitching at him and 2 other people. That is when we were politely (guided off the bus by 2 dudes quickly) asked to leave.

I am not saying he is a dick at all times, but he came off kinda dickish at that moment in time. Not exactly what I wanted to remember when I think of my favorite band. Looking back on it, cool, I got to smoke with a member of my favorite band. Could the experience have been better? absofuckinglutely. But it happened. Theres my story!

$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

thats pretty badass,

and shadow, thanks for bringing back the greatest sig in history
:evil5: TB>BB
flyersfan900
Taiyed Brodel

Post by flyersfan900 »

Scopesx311 wrote:Okay okay maybe calling him a dick was a bit harsh...

Here is how it went down.. he was outside signing autographs and smoking a fat cigar..

We got on the bus with the drummer and waited for a little bit for him to come back on. When he did make it back on he was pretty damn drunk, or stoned i dunno. So we light this doobie (mind you i took my time rolling this warlock which was some pretty damn good herb i must say) he takes a fat rip, passes it to the girl accross from him who was bitching to him about how his Ginseng clothing line didnt send the right shirt she had ordered. At first I was just like whatever, Im smoking with one of the creators of music that I truly love. But then it hit me. He totally fucked up the circle. Doobie was getting passed around in every direction but mine and my friends. So thats that. Doobies done... he is just sitting there not saying shit to any of us except for the girl who was bitching about her fucked up order. So what does he do, he pulls out his wallet and hands her 50 bucks. At that point the tour manager jumps on the bus and is pissed that we are all on there smoking bud, whatever dude haha... Nick starts bitching at him and 2 other people. That is when we were politely (guided off the bus by 2 dudes quickly) asked to leave.

I am not saying he is a dick at all times, but he came off kinda dickish at that moment in time. Not exactly what I wanted to remember when I think of my favorite band. Looking back on it, cool, I got to smoke with a member of my favorite band. Could the experience have been better? absofuckinglutely. But it happened. Theres my story!
thanks for sharing man. that doesn't sound TOO bad, but it's a cool story to tell i guess.

i've never had the desire to meet any pro athletes or members of bands i like for reasons like this. i think we've all assumed that nick is kind of a dick but i'll just enjoy his music and not have my view of the bandmembers "tainted" because i met him and he was different than i expected.
kateric10
Massive Laminate Fortress

Post by kateric10 »

Shadow OSX wrote:
$lmjimy311 wrote:dont know how i would react given the opportunity, but odds are id just ask for a picture and tell them thanks.
Yeah that's what I'm thinkin :wink:
I am in your exact same boat. I finally get to meet them in Salt Lake City after trying for many, many years. I have briefly met Pnut once and shook Nick's hand (after he autographed my 311 day 2010 poster.) but that's it.

I think I will probably just thank them for what they have done for my life, get the picture and be happy. Their positivity really helped me out back in the late 90's and I would hope they never get sick of people telling them they helped improve a life.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

I'm glad that it's in the old market rather than out in millard. Gonna be a fun night