311 in L.A. (Irvine)

Three Eleven.
kateric10
Massive Laminate Fortress

311 in L.A. (Irvine)

Post by kateric10 »

Ok so I was planning on attending the LA (Irvine) show. I was all ready as the pre-sale started, landed PIT tickets but shit my fucking pants on the price ($95.15 each). I ended up not buying the pit tickets out of pure pissed offness!! An hour later (still pissed) pulled the trigger anyway and landed Section 1 row Q. BUT THEY WERE STILL $95.15 EACH!!!

I can't fucking believe what 311 is doing right now. WHY did I have to pay $100 per ticket to see them in LA? That's 40% higher than I paid for my 7th row 311 Day tickets. This better be one hell of a show or I will stop following them around. With the exception of 311 Day of course.

WTF is this band doing? I finally am realizing why everyone is so pissed off about the VIP packages. It truly is down right LAME.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Re: 311 in L.A. (Irvine)

Post by $lmjimy311 »

wow, just last year i paid some 80 dollars for pit seats in atl when they were actually only like 40. how do you have a 60 dollar increase for pit seats?
:evil5: TB>BB
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

because if people are willing to pay that much (as it seems they are), they would be retarded not to charge that much. basic econ
I Want to Believe :evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i understand economy (its my major haha), but there is also the 311 mission statement stated in their songs which essentially argues against this type of behavior.
:evil5: TB>BB
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel

Post by KyleRayner »

those songs were written a long time ago. its easy to think like that when your on top of the music scene, records going gold n shit. when you are forced to rely on touring for all your money however....this is just a sign of htings to come for music fans. if fucking 311 can charge that much for tickets and still have them sellout, think what other bands can do
greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

Post by greenmonkey911 »

this makes me so very glad i'm not going to 311 shows anymore
Vallon
Color is an instrumental

Post by Vallon »

There's also newbies posting on the 311bb (w/ under 10 posts) defending the VIP packages ... and talking about the benefits of such things for fans.

I could be way off here .. but this smells like damage control from PR. It's like having reviews on Amazon or something and they're all "this product is great!!! so wonderful! everyone should buy one!" ...

With the Internet, I could make up 10 different personas and leave comments by each of them.

Not saying that's the case -- just sayin ... it's possible... and well, it's kinda shady looking.

But keep on drinking the kool-aid ... 311 is doing this for YOU to make YOU happy. Right.
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel

Post by KyleRayner »

no they are doing this because there are fanatics out there willing to pay that much dough to meet them. i met them all at a meet and greet once that we got into by yelling at ruff and their tour manager from the front of the pit every day on tour for the like 2 weeks we followed them. most disapointing experience of my life. they were just there because they had to be. that was the beginning of the end for me.