TRANSISTOR in MANSFIELD (BOSTON) on 7/11

Three Eleven.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Re: TRANSISTOR in MANSFIELD (BOSTON) on 7/11

Post by fatlip »

i'm saying if they would actually do that.. they'd have to announce that this is the show they're doing it at well before tickets went on sale and not just randomly playing transistor in its entirety without notifying anyone first

if they played it at a big enough place, and let the people know before the tickets went on sale.. you can bet sure as shit i'd be in line to get those tickets. especially boston cuz its only like 4 hrs from here
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

Post by greenmonkey911 »

Vallon wrote:
greenmonkey911 wrote:as long as they film it or release the soundboard, I won't be as disappointed if it isn't at one of the shows I'm attending. but they do have to play it SOMEWHERE (if at all)..

to satisfy everyone (on here, at least), they could do a TransisTour in the Fall and play the album, in its entirety, with b-sides, at every show. yeah, let's get that petition up! :D
lol I love the idea, and the pun... but I think that's less likely than what I proposed. It would be amazing though... for sure.

They have to play it somewhere... now people are going to bitch about where 311 day is located. It should be in New Orleans! It should be in Vegas! It should be on Europa!

Like honestly... someone, somewhere is going to have a gripe...

I don't bitch and complain when 311 plays a great setlist in Chicago, just because I didn't get a chance to go to the show in Chicago.

We don't need to be greedy about this...

If 311 was wise, they would film it and or record it... That would be a hot seller for sure.

But go ahead... rain on my parade.
thanks, but 311 used the term TransisTour back in 96-97, so I really can't take any credit for that

i see both options as equally possible and viable until the band says otherwise. as far as i know there haven't been any specific talks.

the people are gonna bitch because they like their music just as much as you and don't understand why you are more entitled to a special show.

IF there will only be one special show, and no tour, the best way to go, i think, would be to have a contest.. the venue to sell X amount of tickets the quickest, or the first venue to sell out. let the fans vote with their wallets.
Vallon
Color is an instrumental

Post by Vallon »

Just a quick update:

As of 4/6/2010 ... we have 133 members/signatures in our Facebook petition! Considering the petition on Facebook has been up for little over a week -- i'd say that's a pretty good sign.

There's a lot of talk on the 311bb about playing songs like Jupiter, Galaxy, Borders, etc on the upcoming Summer Tour. So even if you're not going to be in Boston, supporting this petition nearly guarantees that they will be playing more Transistor tracks on tour throughout the Summer. It doesn't have to be just a Boston thing...

So please support this, and spread the word if the idea of hearing more Transistor tracks appeals to you.

Thanks.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i will not support it. i am very selfish and if i cant get it, i dont want you to have it :-)
:evil5: TB>BB
Vallon
Color is an instrumental

Post by Vallon »

So it's basically 2 weeks away from the show on 7/11 ... and we're coming up on 350 signatures. Not nearly as many as I hoped for ... but we've made a big push in the last couple of weeks.

Considering 311 hasn't announced any plans to play an "Anniversary Show" as of yet... it's not looking very promising to hear Transistor in it's entirety ... though I hope they'll acknowledge us and play some rarities off that album.

So if you're going to be there, and haven't already done so... please join us...

And if you're not, but you'd still like to support your fellows brodels, it would mean a lot.

Hope everyone in TB land is doing well.

--v
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

$lmjimy311 wrote:i will not support it. i am very selfish and if i cant get it, i dont want you to have it :-)
Vallon
Color is an instrumental

Post by Vallon »

Well Jimy thanks for the support, really... 'preciate it.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

haha nothing personal, but like i said if i cant witness it, i dont want anyone else to.
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

$lmjimy311 wrote:haha nothing personal, but like i said if i cant witness it, i dont want anyone else to.
what he said