a high set analysis

Three Eleven.
coast2coast
Electrified by the sound

Re: a high set analysis

Post by coast2coast »

Jorge wrote:
coast2coast wrote:You have contradicted yourself a few times on here as I have stated in another post. We go round and round and this last post sums it up. You basically just restated Freezetime21 with different and ended up agreeing with him.
Show me in quotes. I'll admit my faults.

Jorge I have pointed out faults in all of the previous posts in this thread as has Freezetime21. You just casually ignore some of the points I have made and go back to your incessant battle about the term "radio friendly" with Freezetime21.

And yes, I am arrogant in my posts. I feel I have spent enough time listening and thinking about enough different styles of music to think I have an opinion most others don't. I don't think I am better than anyone as a person by any means. I just feel I have experienced more than most (not all).

Don't confuse experience with an opinion. That doesn't make you the resident wisdom tree about music in general.

If it offends you, eat a dick.

Here we go! Now I think I have gotten the real Jorge to come out. Very eloquent and well spoken indeed sir. Really Jorge has it come to this.

I could care less about what folk an internet forum think about me, especially people who don't know what they are talking about.
Again contradiction. Apparantly you do care or you would not have spent the last 15 or so posts in this thread arguing with people and cramming your opinions down other peoples throats. Again talking down to someone who "doesn't know what they are talking about." Nobody else could possibly be on the same musical plane as Jorge who has accumulated this wealth of knowledge over the years.
FreezeTime21
I'm free as I stare at the sea

Post by FreezeTime21 »

Jorge wrote:
coast2coast wrote:You have contradicted yourself a few times on here as I have stated in another post. We go round and round and this last post sums it up. You basically just restated Freezetime21 with different and ended up agreeing with him.
Show me in quotes. I'll admit my faults.

I already did that a few posts ago about the radio success of the Blue Album.

And yes, I am arrogant in my posts. I feel I have spent enough time listening and thinking about enough different styles of music to think I have an opinion most others don't. I don't think I am better than anyone as a person by any means. I just feel I have experienced more than most (not all). If it offends you, eat a dick. I could care less about what folk an internet forum think about me, especially people who don't know what they are talking about.

So because you listen to a lot of music and different styles that makes you an expert? Sorry dude, just because you have a big, expensive set of headphones in your profile pic doesn't make you a musical expert. Have you ever played an instrument in your life? I have been playing for the past decade and consider myself somewhat knowledgeable about music, but I would never talk down to ppl in a forum trying to put myself on some kind of golden pedestal.
Tehshewz
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Tehshewz »

Jordan311 wrote:It's "Couldn't" care less.

fyi..

Later
Oh snap girlfriend!
8/24/05, 6/30/09, 11/21/09,7/10/2010,7/13/2010,10/20/2010,10/21/2010,
**311 Cruise 2011**, 7/31/2012, 8/4/2012, 07/10/2013
:evil5:
flyersfan900
Taiyed Brodel

Post by flyersfan900 »

This thread should be closed for the good of everyone
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i stopped reading a long time ago
:evil5: TB>BB
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

$lmjimy311 wrote:i stopped reading a long time ago
ImageImage
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i find myself clicking half of these links just so it doesnt say "new thread" anymore
coast2coast
Electrified by the sound

Post by coast2coast »

flyersfan900 wrote:
FreezeTime21 wrote:Hey You, and It's Alright I can see as catchy songs that more casual fans would like, but I don't think that should give the entire cd a rap of being "radio friendly." With songs like India Ink, NEs, Jackpot, Something..., Get Down, Sun Come Through...etc. I just don't think it's fair to write off 311's newer work as "radio friendly." Because the truth is, each album might get one or two songs debuted on the radio, then they just die off besides the tracks I mentioned earlier...
I don't know why I'm jumping in here, but I would consider NES, Jackpot, Something out of nothing, and possibly india ink to be pretty radio friendly. They are easily digestable songs with choruses you can sing along to. This fact has no bearing on how good those songs are, however.
I don't know why but I didn't see this earlier. I think we might all be able to somewhat meet in the middle around this statement. Especially the last sentence. This whole sleigh ride started out with the implication that 311 was making radio friendly music and attempting to sell out. That somehow spiraled into a three page debate over the meaning of the term "radio friendly" and what the criteria for that were. Like I said, I don't think 311 tried to make a radio friendly album. They might have anticipated having to come up with a couple of songs that could let the mainstream audience know they were still around. I just think the tone of the music has changed because the band is writing about real life events now. (Their love of music, creativity and of course the infamous love songs)

I want to try to play peacemaker just because I still respect Jorge's opinion. I just don't like being talked down to and nobody likes being told to eat a dick. AmIRite?
jmoo861
I got a cool capacity to toast and ill

Post by jmoo861 »

Last edited by jmoo861 on Wed May 27, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FreezeTime21

Post by FreezeTime21 »

Yea I don't really care if we don't agree on something. It's all opinion anyway. I think we can all agree that there are still great songs on the album. Jorge's general attitude just sucks and pisses me off because if you don't agree with him then you "know nothing about music" and should "eat a dick." I actually know a pretty good deal about music so the immature down talk gets pretty old. At least we got some activity going on here.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

EAT A DICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
FreezeTime21

Post by FreezeTime21 »

$lmjimy311 wrote:EAT A DICKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
Clever.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

coast2coast
Electrified by the sound

Post by coast2coast »

Apparently not man. Who are you trying to fool. You post in every thread over and over again and you know you will continue to post in this one. You just can't help yourself.

Sorry to take away from all of the thrilling discussions going on in the other threads. At least we had a somewhat decent debate going on. I guess we can go back to the ever popular "favorite 311 (insert anything here) thread.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

not in every thread, ill read the small whatever comments, but i havent bothered with the major ones in this thread for a good couple of posts. and i wasnt talkin about the whole forum, i was talking about this thread in particular
coast2coast
Electrified by the sound

Post by coast2coast »

I know, it's just funny you say you have stopped reading this thread and here you are three posts later still going along strong.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i stopped reading the posts that matter in this thread
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

$lmjimy311 wrote:i find myself clicking half of these links just so it doesnt say "new thread" anymore

The "Mark Topics Read" link is your friend.

Later
ImageImage
coast2coast
Electrified by the sound

Post by coast2coast »

So I guess posts like this do matter? Do you always announce yourself leaving the proverbial building? haha somebody likes attention.

Also, you avoid the major posts but take the time to respond to the little bullshit comments people write. Why would you even make such rude comments saying a debate between three people are full of posts that "don't matter" You weren't even involved in the debate and yet you pop in to say "hey guys I'm done reading." My response is.."Ok uh see ya later?"

Man you just can't stand somebody posting on this site without inserting yourself can you. Yet you rarely commit to a certain stance or contribute. At least Jorge was putting some effort into crafting an argument around his stance.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

actually, go ahead and read this thread again, i have put my input in.

and if you also were to read this thread, you'll see i was replying to flyers not talking about you at all.

and if you also were to read this thread, you'll see that i said "i stopped reading the posts that matter"....because you guys like one of you said, were just going in circles...same damn argument over and over, so stop instigating shit?

you misquoted me.

trust me kid, i'm like 10thousand posts in this forum, i can post where i want, when i want, whenever the fuck i want, so since i never attacked you, get off my dick for two seconds will ya?

and just for the record if i wanted to be in every thread...i would :wink:

welcome to taiyed brodels