Three Eleven.
oldschool311
If you're feelin' sick we got the elixir

ma show was weak

Post by oldschool311 »

set weak.
nick gay.
sa gay.
phish and the beasties at bonnaroo killed 311.
this is my last 311 show thats for sure.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Re: ma show was weak

Post by $lmjimy311 »

thank god, one less elitist prick at a 311 show thinking they're better than everyone else there

(no offense)
:evil5: TB>BB
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

I had fun at the ma show.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

wbrycew wrote:I had fun at the ma show.
ImageImage
:evil5:
JonnyG24
I spend my time healing and mending

Post by JonnyG24 »

oldschool311 wrote:set weak.
nick gay.
sa gay.
You're weak..."when the trees were all asleep" :lol:
6/9/96
11/12/97
3/24/00
11/20/00
4/10/02
8/8/03
12/7/03
7/15/04
8/12/05
3/8/06
8/1/06
6/29/07
3/1/08
7/2/14

FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

i kind of felt the same way after the central park show. They are a bunch of empty suits up there going through the motions.

They made some progress a few years ago and starting changing sets, and now they have gone back to how they were before. changing 2 songs each night. Save me the garbage about hearing 9 songs I hadn't before. They are progressing their sets so they have to put up minimal effort. Same tired stage banter, same lifeless connection to the crowd. With the exception of golden sunlight, all the new songs sounded bad. singles singles singles, blah blah, casual fan blah blah. Its just fucking boring at this point.

Pnuts new solo was awesome. The mash up is a joke. The whole night was off. The lights didn't seem to be working properly, the LED screen was coming on and going off and seemed to be malfunctioning.

I just wonder how much they are lip syncing. Before the chorus in Freak Out.. the sound system started playing prerecorded backup vocals a few measures too early. They looked bewildered on stage like 'oh shit i hope no one notices' fucking Ashley Simpson

Nick wears the same clothes, and does his t-shirt to muscle shirt costume change every night. The dtom shows were better. Not my last show.. but the last 2 311 shows i have seen have been the worst that I have seen so I am not sure how much longer I will care. I want to hear sun come through so I might have to go to 311day/.
Rock for Light
JonnyG24
I spend my time healing and mending

Post by JonnyG24 »

I haven't, or won't see them this tour, but I will agree that 311 is more of a show now than a concert. But at the same time they don't play to the traveling 311 dorks or those of us who check the setlists every night...They play for the casual fans and to promote their album. So what? I've seen 311 13 times and they're never going to duplicate their 1995-2001 prime. I know its a tired argument, but its the truth.
6/9/96
11/12/97
3/24/00
11/20/00
4/10/02
8/8/03
12/7/03
7/15/04
8/12/05
3/8/06
8/1/06
6/29/07
3/1/08
7/2/14

Anti-Dentite
Here I sit in idle envy

Post by Anti-Dentite »

FreeRayLiotta wrote:i kind of felt the same way after the central park show. They are a bunch of empty suits up there going through the motions.

They made some progress a few years ago and starting changing sets, and now they have gone back to how they were before. changing 2 songs each night. Save me the garbage about hearing 9 songs I hadn't before. They are progressing their sets so they have to put up minimal effort. Same tired stage banter, same lifeless connection to the crowd. With the exception of golden sunlight, all the new songs sounded bad. singles singles singles, blah blah, casual fan blah blah. Its just fucking boring at this point.

Pnuts new solo was awesome. The mash up is a joke. The whole night was off. The lights didn't seem to be working properly, the LED screen was coming on and going off and seemed to be malfunctioning.

I just wonder how much they are lip syncing. Before the chorus in Freak Out.. the sound system started playing prerecorded backup vocals a few measures too early. They looked bewildered on stage like 'oh shit i hope no one notices' fucking Ashley Simpson

Nick wears the same clothes, and does his t-shirt to muscle shirt costume change every night. The dtom shows were better. Not my last show.. but the last 2 311 shows i have seen have been the worst that I have seen so I am not sure how much longer I will care. I want to hear sun come through so I might have to go to 311day/.
Ray,

Do you post on the 311BB? Because I think you should...I know you'll probably get flamed over there since any negative comment triggers a hundred drones to come out and stick up for the band, which is expected, but you often times make such valid points that I think it would be in the best interest of the band to read what you have to say. I remember seeing a couple of posts by you over there a while back in the Bandmembers section in which P-Nut did respond and give some feedback.

I'm not sure if it's gotten better but I haven't been over there much because of all the nonsense that board attracts. While I don't necessarily agree with everything you have to say, I feel your opinions about the band/direction are more often than not very accurate and strong enough for the band, or P-Nut, to take notice. Went to my 18th show this summer and while I enjoyed myself, I don't find myself going to, or wanting to, attend multiple shows like I used to.

P-Nut has also gained a lot of weight.
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

my show was off the hook

and phish sucks
kateric10
Massive Laminate Fortress

Post by kateric10 »

FreeRayLiotta wrote:i kind of felt the same way after the central park show. They are a bunch of empty suits up there going through the motions.

You have some very valid points about the Central Park show....The sound SUCKED (worst I have ever heard from 311), the stage WAS all fucked up, and most of the crowd just stood there. On the other hand, it was way tight to see them in Central Park...the atmosphere of just being there was awesome. I have a bunch of pics and video from that show...just haven't had the time to pull it all off my camera. I will reply to this post with links when done. I am positive I captured the horrible sound and fucked up stage lighting.

I also saw them at PNC in New Jersey. Much better show all together.

I think I am done travelling all over the US to see them. I am still a HUGE HUGE HUGE fan, but the excitement has worn off over the years. Plus, it's a shit load of $$$$$$$$$$$ to travel around and see them.

To the poster above asking, 311 is VERY aware of this site. I know that for a fact!
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

kateric10 wrote:To the poster above asking, 311 is VERY aware of this site. I know that for a fact!

spill the beans
311junkee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311junkee »

311 in cbus was fun

they rocked

watchin em all jam the breakdown in NES was NASTY
Jump up and down cuz that's the 311 style!
KingOfOldSchool
Losin' my grip as i trip on anomalies

Post by KingOfOldSchool »

All I know is that the DC show was damn good. I hadn't seen them have that much fun on stage in a long time.

You can say what you will about Uplifter (good or bad), but the live show is still as rockin' as it ever was.

However, I can't say I was shocked to see a decent amount of empty seats at Nissan. Keeping the setlists the same everynight is probably going to make the east coast show attendance drop by a good 25%.
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

I thought the sound at the MA show was off. Super generic setlist. Bret Michaels was there, apparently he had a blast. This was my 28th show and the setlist was one I have seen many many times. Sure I got to hear a few new songs....but really not that great. Kind of annoyed with the mash up, it was songs I wanted to hear the full song of, not a little clip of. It made me think of TRL back in the day when the "good" videos would get a clip played and the completely crap videos would have the whole song played. I want to see 311 again in hopes it will be good again but I really don't see that happening as long as they are just playing their greatest hits album. I think 311 needs to take a real hiatus, just step away from music for a bit to regenerate themselves before they continue these greatest hits tours. Otherwise they should just stick to only summer shows every year or two like Poison and then play the greatest hits songs since everyone would have waited a bit to see them live. I used to want to see 311 more than once on a tour, but seeing that they don't play anything special I no longer see the point.
ImageImage
ER
oldschool311
If you're feelin' sick we got the elixir

Post by oldschool311 »

JonnyG24 wrote:
oldschool311 wrote:set weak.
nick gay.
sa gay.
You're weak..."when the trees were all asleep" :lol:
right, dis my lyrics while 311 wrote some of the worst lyrics ever for uplifter and its on a major label. go fuck yourself.
HizzY
Taiyed Brodel

Post by HizzY »

nigga please
tred311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by tred311 »

Can anybody elaborate on this lip syncing thing? Is it really happening? My sister saw them in Charlotte on 7/3 and said that during "All Mixed Up" there was a point when Nick "shouted", threw his arm up in the air, and did that spin thing he does but his mouth never opened. Very dissapointing man. What a fucking let down if this is going on!
"Never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut"
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

i was in the pit during the ga show and it didnt look lip synced at all and i was looking for it
:evil5: TB>BB
FreezeTime21
I'm free as I stare at the sea

Post by FreezeTime21 »

$lmjimy311 wrote:thank god, one less elitist prick at a 311 show thinking they're better than everyone else there

(no offense)
haha, Agreed...and yes, Phish does suck
FrixHex311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FrixHex311 »

no way they lip sing.
3/9/02, 9/4/02, 7/21/03, 8/27/03
8/7/05, 9/11/05, 3/11/06, 9/3/06
7/4/07, 7/5/07, 3/11/08, 7/24/08
5/12/09, 12/5/09, 3/11/10, 7/13/12
7/29/14, 8/2/15, 8/5/16