HizzY
Taiyed Brodel

311.com News Updates a.k.a. "New Happenings"

Post by HizzY »

they really need to start updating the page more frequently

once every 2 - 3 months just isn't cutting it for me anymore

:(

more updates with info. on whats going on would be niiice
just cuz i like to know what my absolute favoritest band in the world is up to.....ya know?

"Everybody's Free, to be a V.I.P."
-ShaunBaker-
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

Those updates are made on the BB quite often.
ImageImage
ER
Freeze Time
Butterfly in the wind without a care

Post by Freeze Time »

They need to get the fuck into the studio and record some music. Then get on a plane and coem to Australia. For fucks sake how hard is it to release an album?? One a year or at least one every two years. Even if the albums are shit who cares, all the pre album hype and demo trading makes it just as much fun. Then when the cd drops and its crap we talk about it for like 3 months finding funny ways to bag it and agree with Ray and then it starts over again. Lifes not a race fair enough but its not a fucking snail either.
Do Not Fist Fight The Bears
y2kprelude
Taiyed Brodel

Post by y2kprelude »

Freeze Time wrote:They need to get the fuck into the studio and record some music. Then get on a plane and coem to Australia. For fucks sake how hard is it to release an album?? One a year or at least one every two years. Even if the albums are shit who cares, all the pre album hype and demo trading makes it just as much fun. Then when the cd drops and its crap we talk about it for like 3 months finding funny ways to bag it and agree with Ray and then it starts over again. Lifes not a race fair enough but its not a fucking snail either.
They do release an album every two years on average.
Virginia Beach, VA
AIM: Skaholic
http://www.myspace.com/311hive
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

On a local radio station up here (Boston) they talked about 311 day, the tour around it, and that they are currently in the studio recording that will be released sometime in 2008. If its being reported up here, you should have already heard it if you paid enough attention.

:evil5:
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

y2kprelude wrote:
Freeze Time wrote:They need to get the fuck into the studio and record some music. Then get on a plane and coem to Australia. For fucks sake how hard is it to release an album?? One a year or at least one every two years. Even if the albums are shit who cares, all the pre album hype and demo trading makes it just as much fun. Then when the cd drops and its crap we talk about it for like 3 months finding funny ways to bag it and agree with Ray and then it starts over again. Lifes not a race fair enough but its not a fucking snail either.
slow as fuck.
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Element wrote:
y2kprelude wrote:
slow as fuck.
So about that time in between In Rainbows and HTTT
Freeze Time

Post by Freeze Time »

I couldnt give a shit about radsiohead. Sucky whiny shit band. 311 have a studio?? teh hive right? They dont have to work normal 8 to 5 jobs so how fucking hard is it to release at minimum an ep a year. Fuck how many musicians would kill for their own setup. Lazy.
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

You sir are an angry man with bad spelling.

Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

Forgive me, but this Freeze Time person seems absolutely retarded.

I may be miserable for the rest of my life but at least I know that I am better than people like him.

NOW WE GOT A LINE TO DRAW IN THIS EVERYDAY WORLD.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

311 isn't lazy if they're touring instead of making albums constantly.

This winter is like the first time they've taken any time off in for-fuckin-ever.

Later
ImageImage
Freeze Time

Post by Freeze Time »

Nate wrote:Forgive me, but this Freeze Time person seems absolutely retarded.

I may be miserable for the rest of my life but at least I know that I am better than people like him.

Better in what way dickhead. At least the other guy who said I had bad spelling was funny. The band is lazy they tour the same places and play the same show over and over. They wont come to Australia because theyre scared they wont make any money. Im just glad I didnt join the group of Aussie fans that flew to Hawaii to see the band play the exact same setlist two nights in a row. Lame. If they dont have the energy or passion anymore they should retire and quit trying to get in the charts with dumb ass covers and kids songs.
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

I guess if you can't handle some bad with the good, you aren't much of a fan. Sometimes you need to weather the bad parts until you get to the good. I've gone to a 311 show where it was basically their singles. Did I care? Not really, because its more than just about the music. Its about the atmosphere, the vibe. They still put more energy into their shows than most bands out there, so I don't know what you are talking about in that aspect. They love what they are doing.

So what if they did a cover and it became popular. They had no control over that aspect. Even with the newer stuff, with the exception of the rapping in How Do You Feel, you can't say it sounds like other things out there. They are just doing their thing and evolving as a band. You can't live in the past. You need to evolve with the band. A bad 311 album is a good 'anyone else' album. I'm a 311 fan, and I'm in it for the long haul, no matter what happens. Can you say the same?

dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

Freeze Time wrote:

Better in what way dickhead. At least the other guy who said I had bad spelling was funny. The band is lazy they tour the same places and play the same show over and over. They wont come to Australia because theyre scared they wont make any money. Im just glad I didnt join the group of Aussie fans that flew to Hawaii to see the band play the exact same setlist two nights in a row. Lame. If they dont have the energy or passion anymore they should retire and quit trying to get in the charts with dumb ass covers and kids songs.
lazy? why dont you hop on a plane and watch an AMERICAN band play in AMERICA. That's like one of us saying silverchair is lazy because they never play here. It's not as if 311 never played a show in Australia, it just happened to be before you caught wind of them, and back when their label gave a shit before going bankrupt.

Scared they won't make money? I dont think it's fear as much as it is just a plain fact. They wouldn't make their money back, period.

I love this guy's reasoning, 311 should retire if they won't tour in Australia. Classic. Quit trying to get into the charts? You do realize that to get into the charts , one has to release an album. It's been over 2 years since an album release, the past year they toured for the hell of it, not to support an album. Quit crying and either enjoy the music or find some other American band to criticize.
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

HizzY
Taiyed Brodel

Post by HizzY »

that kitty got OWNED lol
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

man that cat used to make me so mad, annoyed me so bad. but after a while it just started to make me laugh, because sometimes it actually REALLY sums up nicely what needs to be said, there is some real malice in that face
I Want to Believe :evil5:
Freeze Time

Post by Freeze Time »

Actually I saw them when they toured here in 98. 25 minutes on the warped tour wow. I just wish theyd tour here whats wrong with that? For years pnut sent the aussie fanclub all these fucking tease messages saying how they would love to come. Theyre fucking liars. And they would definately make their money back. Heaps and heaps of American bands that are smaller than 311 can do it..

And whoever said theyre in the for the long haul no matter what? thats fucking stupid of course Im not going to say Im into something no matter what. If they released a really shit album youd buy it? Your fucking retarded.

dj3stripes wrote:
Freeze Time wrote:

lazy? why dont you hop on a plane and watch an AMERICAN band play in AMERICA. That's like one of us saying silverchair is lazy because they never play here. It's not as if 311 never played a show in Australia, it just happened to be before you caught wind of them, and back when their label gave a shit before going bankrupt.

Scared they won't make money? I dont think it's fear as much as it is just a plain fact. They wouldn't make their money back, period.

I love this guy's reasoning, 311 should retire if they won't tour in Australia. Classic. Quit trying to get into the charts? You do realize that to get into the charts , one has to release an album. It's been over 2 years since an album release, the past year they toured for the hell of it, not to support an album. Quit crying and either enjoy the music or find some other American band to criticize.
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

And you are some dumb fair weather fan with a pole up their ass so :arrow: .

dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

i don't understand your logic one bit, i'm retarded if i buy a shitty album? how the hell would i be able to know it's shitty without having purchased it already? hey guess what, pnut's a dicktease to his american fan club, what eles is new? you said it yourself, he said they'd love to tour australia........ doesnt sound like a promise was broken. you totally dodged the advice of coming here to listen to american bands, not to mention criticizing somebody solely on the fact that they dont go down under only to lose a shitload of money, it's not like they're U2 and can charge 200bux a ticket where ever they go. I'd enjoy reading a list of the heaps and heaps of american bands that could do it that are less popular than 311, chances are they're indeed more popular, just not liked by yourself.
Freeze Time wrote:Actually I saw them when they toured here in 98. 25 minutes on the warped tour wow. I just wish theyd tour here whats wrong with that? For years pnut sent the aussie fanclub all these fucking tease messages saying how they would love to come. Theyre fucking liars. And they would definately make their money back. Heaps and heaps of American bands that are smaller than 311 can do it..

And whoever said theyre in the for the long haul no matter what? thats fucking stupid of course Im not going to say Im into something no matter what. If they released a really shit album youd buy it? Your fucking retarded.

dj3stripes wrote:
Freeze Time wrote: Better in what way dickhead. At least the other guy who said I had bad spelling was funny. The band is lazy they tour the same places and play the same show over and over. They wont come to Australia because theyre scared they wont make any money. Im just glad I didnt join the group of Aussie fans that flew to Hawaii to see the band play the exact same setlist two nights in a row. Lame. If they dont have the energy or passion anymore they should retire and quit trying to get in the charts with dumb ass covers and kids songs.