SPRING BREAK DESTINATION ALL OF US

Three Eleven.
HizzY
Taiyed Brodel

SPRING BREAK DESTINATION ALL OF US

Post by HizzY »

here's an idea....

let's all put some money together.....

and RENT OUT MELODY KEY for a week during the quality time known as "spring break week" and we can all get fuckin shithouse and BLAST 311 so that all of the people in the nearby keys can hear us :D

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

and maybe that will force Nick to come and say whatup cuz he'll wanna see all of his hardcore/dedicated fans on his island!!!

now that......my friends.....

deserves a.......

CHEA!!!!!* :D
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

I thought it was Money Key?

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

me too, maybe he changed it, but i'll be at 311 day my spring break, so yeah
I Want to Believe :evil5:
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

He did change it.

Hizzy, kill yourself.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
Yoni
I can show you where is the beat

Post by Yoni »

He sold that island after Katrina hit NOLA, it ruffed up the island and he had to spend some bucks to fix it. It was called money key when he bought it, then he changed it to melody key.
To all my friends, this is the end, the earth has swallowed me.

Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

When did you hear he sold it. Last I heard he put it up for sale at $10,000,000.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
smiley311
Take my advice don't think twice

Post by smiley311 »

Yoni wrote:He sold that island after Katrina hit NOLA, it ruffed up the island and he had to spend some bucks to fix it. It was called money key when he bought it, then he changed it to melody key.

FALSE.....

1. nick still owns the island (if you check the tax records, the property is still in the name of the "Hexum Family Trust"...)

2. Katrina missed Nick's island. There was minimal damage from the hurricane after katrina and the tropical store before..

3. it has been rumored that nick's island WAS raided by pirates.. and also that some refugees were stranded on his island trying to come into the US from cuba..

4. Nick bought the island in december of 04..(and in the records book he only paid $936,700...) and on the website: In 2005, Nick officially changed the name of the island from Money Key to Melody Key. Nick has stated, "I wanted to give the island a name more fitting for what it is: a piece of paradise."Also, it's a play on words...you know; minor key, major key, and now "Melody Key". I've written quite a few songs there so it seems to naturally inspire melodies. Many a couple has gotten married or had their honeymoon there so I also wanted to have a more romantic name than Money Key. Melody Key seemed to fit perfectly and luckily Monroe County officials and the U.S. Geological Service agreed with me and now the name change is official and permanent!"

other little tidbits.. between 2003 and 2004.. the value of the island (including the building, improvements, land) TRIPPLED... the land value jumped 10 times what it was from 2003 to 2004.
if nick sold the island for 7 mil that he's asking.. that would mean a 47k tax on the property.. the last improvement on the structure was recorded in 1995.. 3 years after the original sctructre was built.. i've got some other facts from the web.. but yeah.. just thought i'd point those things out..

and it's not that hard to find tax info on properties.. just need to know where to work, and yes i have a life, it was a rainy day and i didn't feel like working..
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

smiley311 wrote:
3. it has been rumored that nick's island WAS raided by pirates.. and also that some refugees were stranded on his island trying to come into the US from cuba..
Nick said on the bb that the refugees were stranded on the island - so it's not a rumor. The little row boat garden he has set up is from the row boat they had that crashed on the island.
ImageImage
ER
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

cool trivia bits, thanks smiley.
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

YO JORDAN

Dexter eff tee dubs.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

adults dont get spring break :(
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

311Chik wrote:
smiley311 wrote:
Nick said on the bb that the refugees were stranded on the island - so it's not a rumor. The little row boat garden he has set up is from the row boat they had that crashed on the island.
oic, he made a garden out of their vehicle.... what happened to the refugees? compost?
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

SKAbatula wrote:hehehe...

We'll know something's up if Nick sings about canabalism on the next album.
This was before or right after Evolver so the cannabalism songs would have been for DTOM..so unless there is a missing demo out there or one of the DTOM songs means something different....
ImageImage
ER
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

hahahahahaha

i <3 ska
:evil5: TB>BB
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

that was aces :lol:

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

awesome.
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

thats funny because in that ridiculous fake story i wrote about nick going for the light heavyweight title in boxing, i said smugglers were using his island to smuggle cubans into the us, as in people and not cigars

i did read on the rental agreement that there is a limit of like 8 people or something - thought about doing this myself, but the broke ass 7 other people wouldnt be able to pick up enough slack to make it affordable to me.
Rock for Light
Pearce
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Pearce »

getting to eat her.....that sounds really dirty. i likes it. very nice!
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

lets store the money in my paypal account!!