Langerado

Three Eleven.
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

yeah, i enjoy the festival shows and used to have a decent annual one aka the HFStival in DC until the station went all mexicano on us. I enjoyed it even if i didn't like the bands, because it gave bands that i never knew/heard a chance. I never thought i would like coldplay live but they were great. As well as billy idol. Then again all of the festival shows i have been to are in stadiums, no porta port useage (and am used to this b/c of football/baseball games). /end rant
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

Pearce wrote:they probably suck for you cuz you want them to suck. to me thats just strange but whatever :/
No, they suck to me for the reasons I listed. I'd rather do 5 concerts for bands that I love at $40 bucks each rather than one festival at $200.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

in my mind there is a HUGE difference in this type of festival and an HFStival or Virgin Fest.

the setlists are all long, there's no cops, security is a bunch of indians who live on the reservation.. you can do whatever you want. you get to camp out and cook out and rage under the stars.

i for one am going to make plans to go. make a sweet week of music.

311 & The Disco Biscuits, not going to miss it.

The problem is that unlike a lot of the bands there, 311 will play a greatest hits show and it will probably suck... but being able to smoke a giant blunt by myself without ducking under seats or looking over my shoulder is just wonderful.
Rock for Light
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

311 Day being a few days later is going to make up for whatever rarities you don't get to hear at the festival. I wish I could be able to go... so many people I like. Might not make sense money/travel wise, but I'll see.

fatlip, ya boy Dan Deacon is on the list too if you hadn't noticed.
Pearce
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Pearce »

i made a promise 3 years ago that if 311 and umphrey's mcgee ever played a show together, i would go no matter what. so i guess i'm going. besides, claypool and all the other cats will be there. g love, roots, bisco, REM, BEASTIE BOYS?!?!?! i mean come on, its just gonna be a great 4 days of music. what is there to lose?
MariaA
Taiyed Brodel

Post by MariaA »

sooo who the fuck is coming down to sofl for langerado??? :lol:
JuicyJ
Taiyed Brodel

Post by JuicyJ »

MariaA wrote:sooo who the fuck is coming down to sofl for langerado??? :lol:
Seriously...

I've already got 2 of my friends interested but i'm looking for some more people to go with~
Pearce
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Pearce »

i'm about 90% sure i'm going...i just gotta make the moneys for tix this month :) i can't wait...cuz then its the big day after that :) :) :)
MariaA
Taiyed Brodel

Post by MariaA »

sweet. a group of us are going, the site about 30 mins from where i live, we're planning on camping out...the more of you guys that go the better =] it'll be a good time for sure
JuicyJ
Taiyed Brodel

Post by JuicyJ »

MariaA wrote:sweet. a group of us are going, the site about 30 mins from where i live, we're planning on camping out...the more of you guys that go the better =] it'll be a good time for sure
Isn't it like right in the middle of alligator alley/75 :O?

Where do you live anyways?
MariaA
Taiyed Brodel

Post by MariaA »

i live in coral springs...north broward county