Sick Tight
Creature Feature- I now have a new found respect for this song
Freeze
Running
Beautifull
Silver
Applied
Nick Hex
Ill be here a while- SHould have been unclam, but what are you gonna do.
Hydrophonic
Feels so good
Unity
Omaha
Close- Creatures

Some iditos make me a little crazy.. i asked some people what they were looking to hear.. this guy said down and transistor.. unfortunatly he was serious.. and then i asked some girl, she claimed to be a die hard fan so i thought what she was going to say was gonna be intresting.. and it was she said and i kid you not, applied science with drum solo! It also angers me when people clap at the fake ending of unity.. it makes me wonder if they have ever even heard the song before. i think 75 percent of the crowd was clapping as though it was over and some kid said to his buddy that was awsome! and then when they started again he was like what the hell is going on? MAtis is also an idiot.. he delayed the show an hour cause he refuses to come on before dark on saturdays... who does he think he is?
Solar Flare Sucks!
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

I could understand giving those people a hard time if they were on a 311 forum saying things like that. That one guy may have never been to a show, and didnt know that they play down every set, and transistor, shit I would like to hear them open w/ that. I also would of gave the girl props for knowing the name of the song w/ the drum solo, thats the highlght of the show for some people (everytime they see 311) Last thing is that you have to remember that Unity is a very old song, so I wouldnt blame people for not knowing that one.

nice set though
So its come to this?
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

I guess some people just aren't as hardcore as you are, Uncalm!
ninjames
I'm a cat nippin sippin on the flask

Post by ninjames »

yeah dude... just cuz a song is played alot doesnt mean it cant be the one that a person wants to hear.. Down is one of my favs to mosh too and it gets me going no matter how many times I have heard it live.. i can pretty much say that about all 311 songs live.. no matter what they always get you going..i thought i was ganna hate hearing applied science and then when they played that new drum solo.. holy shit they recaptured me all over again

btw im talking about tucson.. so i didnt know it was going to be a new drum solo
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

Slinky or bust
:evil5:
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

I was so excited when I got to hear "Come Original" at my first 311 show, which is what I would have answered if you would have been there asking me what I wanted to hear a.k.a. measuring yr 311 fan penis against mine. I'm sure I would have never turned into a rarities cunt myself if I wouldn't have started hanging out with you guys. It's all your fault, especially that Maria who made 311Heaven.
SoxFan311
The fish who keeps on swimming

Post by SoxFan311 »

You can not blame Matisyahu for not wanting to go on until after Dark on Saturday... Its the Holy Day for people of the Jewish religion... At least he's performing on the Shabbat.. Sandy Koufax, a MLB Hall of Fame Pitcher wouldn't even pitch on Shabbat..
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

"Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit don't fucking roll!"
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

That show was fucking sickkkkkkkkkkkk
We ended up buying the crappy seat tickets that they had left over at the box office, but then we snuck into the pit.
Fuckin amazing set list. Creature feature, running, sick tight, starshines, silver, ill be here awhile..
I think it was one of the best set lists I've seen.

I was hanging out beforehand at the sound check and they were playing it's getting ok now, and they played Cali Soca too. It fuckin rockeddddddd.
Got to meet pnut when he came out too.

Later
ImageImage
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Oh, and Nick REALLY needs a haircut :?

Later
ImageImage
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

Jorge wrote:"Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit don't fucking roll!"
if you don't ride in a car how do you get around?
So its come to this?
Uncalm!
The word that I heard was so absurd

Post by Uncalm! »

Matis.. had no right delaying the show. 311 sells 99.9 percent of the tickets, so i dont see how he has any say on anything.
Solar Flare Sucks!
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

it was prob for religious reasons and maybe 311 respected that !mlacnU
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

Uncalm! wrote:Matis.. had no right delaying the show. 311 sells 99.9 percent of the tickets, so i dont see how he has any say on anything.
What do you mean? You act like 311 (the band in general or the management) wasn't cool with it. Oh, wait, maybe you're saying that 311 owes the fans the say on everything. Is the latter more correct? Regardless, I feel that you are fairly erroneous on the situation as a whole, and most everything else, as well. You want more say in 311, either get a job with them, or start paying more money. I don't know how you would pay more money, but I'm sure if you could figure out a way, they'd listen.

I'm pretty sure 311 knew Matis was going to go on late, and tried to adjust accordingly. Atleast you got to see them. That's more than alot of people (Snipe, unfortunately I'm talking about you).[/i]
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

Uncalm! wrote:Matis.. had no right delaying the show. 311 sells 99.9 percent of the tickets, so i dont see how he has any say on anything.

right because every other 311 tour there was a huge jewish presence in the audience.......... please. i'd say matis fans make up well more than .1 percent of the ticket sales, probably not on fridays and saturdays due to the same reasons as him not going on stage till after dark of course
slowpoke
Our star has long bust but now reappears

Post by slowpoke »

i thought it was a good show but that there were better songs and sound the past couple of years. plus i think there were more than an average amount of meatheads.

nix hex was great. loved the new drum solo and all the transistor songs played. i'll be here a while was a nice one, too. the outro weird guitar thing was pretty neat too.

i was actually really hoping to hear cali soca so it's kind of a bummer that they only played it during sound check. by the way-- do they let you in that early if you want to see the sound check?
intoxication is an evolutionary force
Uncalm!

Post by Uncalm! »

Jorge wrote:
What do you mean? You act like 311 (the band in general or the management) wasn't cool with it. Oh, wait, maybe you're saying that 311 owes the fans the say on everything. Is the latter more correct? Regardless, I feel that you are fairly erroneous on the situation as a whole, and most everything else, as well. You want more say in 311, either get a job with them, or start paying more money. I don't know how you would pay more money, but I'm sure if you could figure out a way, they'd listen.

I'm pretty sure 311 knew Matis was going to go on late, and tried to adjust accordingly. Atleast you got to see them. That's more than alot of people (Snipe, unfortunately I'm talking about you).[/i]

are you an idiot? i think its a fair question... 311 owes thier fans everything.. without us they dont exist.. nick could very well work on wall street and chad could be a a banker.. think about that for 2 seconds.
Solar Flare Sucks!
slowpoke
Our star has long bust but now reappears

Post by slowpoke »

^ they owe their fans a lot but not EVERYTHING. the fans didn't write the music, the fans didn't work their asses off...

the fans mean a lot, and 311 knows that. but c'mon. you shouldn't be telling 311 what they should do just because you buy their shit.

i would totally have chad hook me up with a new checking account.
intoxication is an evolutionary force
Uncalm!

Post by Uncalm! »

explain to me how 311 exists without fans?
Solar Flare Sucks!
Rap Weasel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Rap Weasel »

Uncalm! wrote:explain to me how 311 exists without fans?
explain how you got that from what slowpoke said :?
So its come to this?