Matisyahu and 311 Love Song

Three Eleven.
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Matisyahu and 311 Love Song

Post by 311Chik »

Apparently PNC got a short setlist (18 songs, 5 were cut due to time), but Matisyahu did a rap during Love Song. Here is a video, pretty shitty quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFesxib6UzA[/youtube]
ImageImage
ER
kdub
Sometimes jacks rule the realm

Post by kdub »

yea i just saw that, actually looked kinda kool if you like Matisyahu
3/14/04, 9/10/05, 9/3/06, 7/4/07, 7/5/07, 7/14/07
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

that was an interesting part.. made love song more bareable.

they played good but the place was fucking awful, i will never go back there. the crowd was a bunch of awful people from New Jersey, there is no pit area. they only sell you 3 beers (which really isnt an issue, you wipe off the stamp, rip off the bracelet and get a new one.)

but they stopped serving 4 songs into the set, so the energy was fucking really low, most bored looking crowd I have ever seen at a 311 show.

also the youngest crowd, bunch of fucking high school kids and I saw more parents with 7 and 8 year olds there - people pushing strollers.

and security would stop you from taking a picture with your CELL PHONE!

they should never play there again - ever - no question. in fact the only shows they should play in NJ are in Atlantic City.

i did however record nixhex and always an excuse, and the love song thing and i will post them in a minute.

they played nutsymptom, so that made me happy - and the setlist was unexpected in terms of the order they payed things and all that. like i have said a million times, 311 is a great band with an awful audience.
Rock for Light
critterdude
Everything I'm sayin' you can dismiss

Post by critterdude »

FreeRayLiotta wrote:that was an interesting part.. made love song more bareable.

they played good but the place was fucking awful, i will never go back there. the crowd was a bunch of awful people from New Jersey, there is no pit area. they only sell you 3 beers (which really isnt an issue, you wipe off the stamp, rip off the bracelet and get a new one.)

but they stopped serving 4 songs into the set, so the energy was fucking really low, most bored looking crowd I have ever seen at a 311 show.

also the youngest crowd, bunch of fucking high school kids and I saw more parents with 7 and 8 year olds there - people pushing strollers.

they should never play there again - ever - no question. in fact the only shows they should play in NJ are in Atlantic City.

i did however record nixhex and always an excuse, and the love song thing and i will post them in a minute.

they played nutsymptom, so that made me happy - and the setlist was unexpected in terms of the order they payed things and all that. like i have said a million times, 311 is a great band with an awful audience.
exactly why i skipped PNC this year. I have to admit I have a bias against the place to begin with. From the parking lot(s), to the seats, to the alcohol situation; I've always hated the place. Mix in the type of people who have been there the past couple of years and it was a no brainer for me: save the money, go to other shows.

PS: 18 songs? I don't care what the excuse is, that is weak. Let them get arrested or whatever, but give the people their money's worth. They came to see the band play. I know I'd be pissed if that was the only show I got to see them all summer.
Uncalm!
The word that I heard was so absurd

Post by Uncalm! »

FreeRayLiotta wrote:that was an interesting part.. made love song more bareable.

an awfull audience!? are you fucking out of your mind?> 311 has the most dedicated fans of any band in the history of the world.
Solar Flare Sucks!
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

cmon scro.. most dedicated ever... hardly

and 99% of the crowd are frat boys and frat hoes, people with no class, and no taste... when i look around man, its either fratty assholes, or 311 fan boys who look like they are about to cry.

its embarassing to be there with these people and i kept thinking, "man if this is the crowd that likes 311.. then 311 must be shit music"

but here are some clips!!! quality is not great to say the least as it was recorded with my camera, BUT, cwong aint giving her rotten cat eating rotten dead rat in a bucket of shit and piss and semen elephant cunt version to anyone so here ya go.

http://www.justinwood.us/ALWAYS.mp3
http://www.justinwood.us/NIXHEX.mp3
http://www.justinwood.us/LOVESONG.mp3
Rock for Light
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

I wish they would stop serving at the venues I go to...The drunks are fucking annoying in the pit, always starting shit with people. If people needed beer to keep the energy up that is sad.

311 audience sucks, except at 311 day where it is the dedicated 311 fans. There really are too many "hey lets go to a concert" people at 311 shows....and they get shitface tailgating, come in and just behave like assholes and keep shouting WGTH (and in New England they also enjoy starting yankees suck chants....but if it is between a yankees suck chant and a WGTH chant I will go with yankees suck)
ImageImage
ER
FrixHex311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FrixHex311 »

ya i dont like drinking at concerts just smoke some herb.... i like to throw a few punches in when those drunk asses in the pit start pushing and talkin shit to everyone... even the chicks swing!
3/9/02, 9/4/02, 7/21/03, 8/27/03
8/7/05, 9/11/05, 3/11/06, 9/3/06
7/4/07, 7/5/07, 3/11/08, 7/24/08
5/12/09, 12/5/09, 3/11/10, 7/13/12
7/29/14, 8/2/15, 8/5/16
311 The best no CONTEST!
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

At Boston there are always those frat boy assholes. Up on the grass at the Tweeter Center you have all the dumb assholes that get smashed and decide to fuck up anyone who they think look at them wrong. The last one I went to, at the Download Festival, we counted at least 46 fights. There is something very wrong with that, especially at a 311 show.

:evil5:
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

pnutwannabe wrote:At Boston there are always those frat boy assholes. Up on the grass at the Tweeter Center you have all the dumb assholes that get smashed and decide to fuck up anyone who they think look at them wrong. The last one I went to, at the Download Festival, we counted at least 46 fights. There is something very wrong with that, especially at a 311 show.
I wouldn't consider the download festival a 311 show, especially in Boston with the Dropkicks playing.
ImageImage
ER
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

311Chik wrote:
pnutwannabe wrote:At Boston there are always those frat boy assholes. Up on the grass at the Tweeter Center you have all the dumb assholes that get smashed and decide to fuck up anyone who they think look at them wrong. The last one I went to, at the Download Festival, we counted at least 46 fights. There is something very wrong with that, especially at a 311 show.
I wouldn't consider the download festival a 311 show, especially in Boston with the Dropkicks playing.
Even still. The one before when they were with Papa Roach, there was a ton of fights too.

:evil5:
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

pnutwannabe wrote:
311Chik wrote:
Even still. The one before when they were with Papa Roach, there was a ton of fights too.
Again, I blame the opening act...PAPA ROACH.

I'm not saying there aren't a lot of fights in the pit, because there definitely are....but the number skyrockets with openers like Papa Roach and Dropkicks.
ImageImage
ER
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

Oh yeah, another video...this one is closer and clearer.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GKuaCz6pCOo[/youtube]
ImageImage
ER
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

In Minneapolis I've never had to complain about the audience at large. There's always a mix of young and old, and they all seem to get along well. Minnesota nice, I guess. I mean of course there's always a few ass hole idiots but that doesn't represent everyone. I just get comfortable and enjoy the show. I've never drank or smoked at a 311 show.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

that sonds pretty hot
:evil5: TB>BB
juanbond7
I said I'm leaving this Babylon

Post by juanbond7 »

311Chik wrote:

I wish they would stop serving at the venues I go to...The drunks are fucking annoying in the pit, always starting shit with people. If people needed beer to keep the energy up that is sad.

311 audience sucks, except at 311 day where it is the dedicated 311 fans. There really are too many "hey lets go to a concert" people at 311 shows....and they get shitface tailgating, come in and just behave like assholes and keep shouting WGTH (and in New England they also enjoy starting yankees suck chants....but if it is between a yankees suck chant and a WGTH chant I will go with yankees suck)
(Wo)Man....you really have something against WGTH......it's a great song....sa's harmonizing goes a long way with me.
Anti-Dentite
Here I sit in idle envy

Post by Anti-Dentite »

i agree with ray...

this was probably the worst 311 show i've ever been to...at one point i was the only one standing in my section...i was almost embarassed to be among them as they were exactly the ones ray described...nix hex, always an excuse, and then as soon as all mixed up comes on everybody fucking stands up

last year pnc got a lot of love as it set the 311 attendance record (later to be outdone by atlanta), and it just seemed more enjoyable...but that may be because i was right up front and didnt have to deal with any annoying fans

i will never understand this...if they have to continuously cut songs from the set, why not start the show earlier? or have one opening band? or cut down the length of the opening bands to a reasonable time...although it was enjoyable, matisyahu was out there for what felt like an eternity

i just hope jones beach is more enjoyable, which shouldnt be too dificult considering the overall experience of last night's show
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

dude, were you in 104?...haha yeah, when they played TAAE, everybody sat down, i was standing though. hive was sweet, the rest, the sound quality was so bad, homebrew sounded like white noise
I Want to Believe :evil5:
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

you nailed it man. people were walking out left and right after always an excuse. it was sad, I felt bad for 311...but thats what they get for playing at a place like that.

and i know it sucks when assholes get all drunk and act like douche bags.. especially these jersey fucks, but when the alcohol dries up the party dies. thats the way it is.

i only had 3 beers, so i had the very slightest of a buzz, but have 3 beers and then stop... you start to get tired, thats the way it is. and it just kills the overall vibe.

and yeah matisyahu was up there almost as long as 311. he had better sound too, when they started playing homebrew the guitar was so muddled and messed up that it sounded like down to me.
Rock for Light
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

drinking at shows can't be blamed, seriously. i love tailgating with friends before going in, it's a great time to sit back relax skip the local opener (swizzleshit here in omaha). especially at amph's cuz you can pretty much hear the show just fine out in the lot. its the impulses that people act on when they're drunk. i've seen a few fights here and there involving people who were stoned. fighting sucks there's no doubt but let's not generalize too heavily on those that like to drink , that'd be just as bad as generalizing everybody who smokes.