08/01/04 - 11/26/05 - 08/27/06 - 07/04/09
08/07/05 - 11/27/05 - 07/11/07 - 07/31/11
08/25/05 - 11/30/05 - 07/14/07
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

dj3stripes wrote:haha, nice.

on the bright side you could beat traffic and leave when the song starts :D
That would work if it was gauranteed that was the LAST song, but when chances are 1 or 2 other 311 songs would follow it...but that is also assuming it is during the encore, I've seen it done in the middle of a show.
ImageImage
ER
Spookie Apperitions
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Spookie Apperitions »

311Chik wrote:I don't care if it is in the middle of the show, I don't want to hear WGTH. I would rather hear Amber because it is a 311 song and there is actually something to the song.
well that's like, your opinion man. :)
I get up intake my blue-green algae
let it penetrate
strengthen my grasp
holistic healers dealin' our galactic growth
reversin' fx of shit wrecked Chernobyl
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

juanbond7
I said I'm leaving this Babylon

Post by juanbond7 »

Spookie Apperitions wrote:
311Chik wrote:I don't care if it is in the middle of the show, I don't want to hear WGTH. I would rather hear Amber because it is a 311 song and there is actually something to the song.
Hahahahahahahahah...............you're dumb, but it is your opinion.....
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

UR RIGHT BC AMBER IZ A POPULAR SONG AND IS ALSO NEW LAME 311 AND IZ VOID OF ANY MEANING EVEN THO WGTH IS ITSELF IGNORANT STONER WHITEBOY COVERING REGGAE TUNES SHIT

just... quiet everyone, and watch the Pocahontas song :)
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

juanbond7 wrote:
Wow, name calling? How is it dumb to want to hear a song that isn't just "who's got the herb.....lets list different names for weed......who's got the herb? no real point to the song but whos got the herb" Good to know being dumb is wanting to hear a song that has some sort of meaning to it.
ImageImage
ER
oldschool311
If you're feelin' sick we got the elixir

Post by oldschool311 »

311Chik wrote:
juanbond7 wrote:
Spookie Apperitions wrote: Hahahahahahahahah...............you're dumb, but it is your opinion.....
Wow, name calling? How is it dumb to want to hear a song that isn't just "who's got the herb.....lets list different names for weed......who's got the herb? no real point to the song but whos got the herb" Good to know being dumb is wanting to hear a song that has some sort of meaning to it.

hahaahaha fucking classic.
whos got the herb is a better song than amber musically and lyrically.
i can't believe someone actually said play amber.
311 doesn't need any help becoming "more gay".
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

oldschool311 wrote:311 doesn't need any help becoming "more gay".
*"more nigger"
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

oldschool311 wrote:
311Chik wrote:
juanbond7 wrote: Wow, name calling? How is it dumb to want to hear a song that isn't just "who's got the herb.....lets list different names for weed......who's got the herb? no real point to the song but whos got the herb" Good to know being dumb is wanting to hear a song that has some sort of meaning to it.

hahaahaha fucking classic.
whos got the herb is a better song than amber musically and lyrically.
i can't believe someone actually said play amber.
311 doesn't need any help becoming "more gay".
:lol: Better lyrically?? HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
ImageImage
ER
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

juanbond7 wrote:
Actually you're the idiot. I'm sick of your stonerific bullshit.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
kdub
Sometimes jacks rule the realm

Post by kdub »

juanbond7 wrote:
dumb? Just because Amber is popular doesnt make it a bad song. Its just played a lot. I bet if they never played it, everyone would love it.
3/14/04, 9/10/05, 9/3/06, 7/4/07, 7/5/07, 7/14/07
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

Nate wrote:
juanbond7 wrote:
Spookie Apperitions wrote: Hahahahahahahahah...............you're dumb, but it is your opinion.....
Actually you're the idiot. I'm sick of your stonerific bullshit.
:shock:
fatbob
Fire is my method for destruction

Post by fatbob »

Speaking of Who's Got the Herb, on last nights set in Philly for the encore it said WGTH or Six. Take a guess at which one they played.
Homebrew311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Homebrew311 »

Wow, reading this thread just inspired me to listen to WGTH. Great song. :)
I'd like to build the world a spliff.
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

They didn't play WGTH lat night, and I have to say it was a better show because of it.

:evil5:
CollapsingVisionary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CollapsingVisionary »

pnutwannabe wrote:They didn't play WGTH lat night, and I have to say it was a better show because of it.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of a martyr
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
"When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die"
Spookie Apperitions
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Spookie Apperitions »

CollapsingVisionary wrote:
pnutwannabe wrote:They didn't play WGTH lat night, and I have to say it was a better show because of it.
I get up intake my blue-green algae
let it penetrate
strengthen my grasp
holistic healers dealin' our galactic growth
reversin' fx of shit wrecked Chernobyl
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

Who's Got the Herb has a bad rap, because when it is played, it always played in the encore. WGTH is great because it is a song played for obvious reasons. I've been to shows where people can barely smoke a cigarette without getting looked at suspiciously or even told to stop smoking. At the same shows, as soon as Who's Got the Herb goes, I've seen the same security hassling fans completely disappear (I assumed to let people smoke). WGTH, like many 311 songs have been played at a good majority of shows, but unlike those other songs that you are played quite often (I'm talking about Down, Freak Out, Feel So Good, Beautiful Disaster, Amber/Love Song, etc...) WGTH is always in that encore.

It's obvious 311 is going to cater to the Greatest Hits fan (WGTH is a Greatest Hits song that never made the album) beause they are a corporate band with a small follwing, but large turn-outs at shows. If 311 really started doing things different and surprising even us in setlists, the greater good would occur, 311 would lose fans, play smaller venues, and have happier fans. But who would do that and lose most of your money?

Saying Leaving Babylon should be played instead of WGTH is like them playing Inner Light Spectrum instead of Amber or Love Song. We should be so lucky, but it's not going to happen.

311chik: I'm surprised you haven't just accepted that 311 shows are full of meatheads, stupid stoners, and frat boys. There are a few cool folk spread about, but for the most part, not as much.
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

Jorge wrote:Who's Got the Herb has a bad rap, because when it is played, it always played in the encore. WGTH is great because it is a song played for obvious reasons. I've been to shows where people can barely smoke a cigarette without getting looked at suspiciously or even told to stop smoking. At the same shows, as soon as Who's Got the Herb goes, I've seen the same security hassling fans completely disappear (I assumed to let people smoke). WGTH, like many 311 songs have been played at a good majority of shows, but unlike those other songs that you are played quite often (I'm talking about Down, Freak Out, Feel So Good, Beautiful Disaster, Amber/Love Song, etc...) WGTH is always in that encore.

It's obvious 311 is going to cater to the Greatest Hits fan (WGTH is a Greatest Hits song that never made the album) beause they are a corporate band with a small follwing, but large turn-outs at shows. If 311 really started doing things different and surprising even us in setlists, the greater good would occur, 311 would lose fans, play smaller venues, and have happier fans. But who would do that and lose most of your money?

Saying Leaving Babylon should be played instead of WGTH is like them playing Inner Light Spectrum instead of Amber or Love Song. We should be so lucky, but it's not going to happen.

311chik: I'm surprised you haven't just accepted that 311 shows are full of meatheads, stupid stoners, and frat boys. There are a few cool folk spread about, but for the most part, not as much.
If I think about the shows being full of that type of people it depresses me :cry:
At the NH show when they started to play it a lot of people got kicked out. It was simple, if you want to smoke step OUTSIDE the pavillion, but people are too stubborn to do that. In Boston a few years ago when they played it I saw a security guard rip a joint out of a kids mouth. Maybe NE is more strict about the smoking laws....I did see a security guard rip a cigarrette out of Dave Navarro's mouth when he was playing onstage, that pissed Dave off wicked bad.
ImageImage
ER