Stealing happy hours

Three Eleven.
Yoni
I can show you where is the beat

Stealing happy hours

Post by Yoni »

To all my friends, this is the end, the earth has swallowed me.

Uncalm!
The word that I heard was so absurd

Post by Uncalm! »

people were walking away from the show saying omg i cant believe they played stealing happy hours.. like it was a historic show or something.... it was very good.. but not what it could have been.. the setlist left something to be desired because i went into it expecting so much. i would have loved to hear come original, transistor, uncalm, strong all along, and songs along those lines.
Solar Flare Sucks!
Yoni
I can show you where is the beat

Post by Yoni »

Uncalm! wrote:people were walking away from the show saying omg i cant believe they played stealing happy hours.. like it was a historic show or something.... it was very good.. but not what it could have been.. the setlist left something to be desired because i went into it expecting so much. i would have loved to hear come original, transistor, uncalm, strong all along, and songs along those lines.
I agree, I mean hydroponic and random were on the setlist but werent played dammit. Would have killed them to play 123
To all my friends, this is the end, the earth has swallowed me.

dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

Uncalm! wrote:people were walking away from the show saying omg i cant believe they played stealing happy hours.. like it was a historic show or something.... it was very good.. but not what it could have been.. the setlist left something to be desired because i went into it expecting so much. i would have loved to hear come original, transistor, uncalm, strong all along, and songs along those lines.
one of your goto songs is come original? really?
juanbond7
I said I'm leaving this Babylon

Post by juanbond7 »

dj3stripes wrote:
That's what I thought, but I've been giving him a lot of shit lately so I decided to sit this one out......but I'm glad you pointed it out.
Uncalm!

Post by Uncalm! »

dj3stripes wrote:
yes.. it fucking rocks.. one of thier best live songs.. should be played at every show..
Solar Flare Sucks!
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

Uncalm! wrote:
dj3stripes wrote:
yes.. it fucking rocks.. one of thier best live songs.. should be played at every show..
I thought it was rather weak to enjoy a single at a show. Come Original was a mediocre single with a really cheesy video, and you think it should be played more often than something like Prisoner? Well, I guess that could make sense. You do like Breaking Benjamin after all.
bcolephases
Taiyed Brodel

Post by bcolephases »

Jorge wrote:
Uncalm! wrote:
dj3stripes wrote: one of your goto songs is come original? really?
I thought it was rather weak to enjoy a single at a show. Come Original was a mediocre single with a really cheesy video, and you think it should be played more often than something like Prisoner? Well, I guess that could make sense. You do like Breaking Benjamin after all.
I'll have to back up uncalm on this one. That song and video was what got me into 311, in the good ol' days of 1999. But i guess after discovering all of their other music, the initial excitement of that song has worn off. Still a classic 311 track though.
Uncalm!

Post by Uncalm! »

Jorge wrote:
Uncalm! wrote:
you cant be serious.. by far the best video 311 has! One of the best songs they ever wrote. and your right i shouldnt enjoy any singles at a show.. i should just turn my back when they play down and beutifull disaster.
Solar Flare Sucks!
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

Uncalm! wrote:
dj3stripes wrote:

weird, i can't think of a show i've been to where they didn't play the song............ "this one's called.......... come original" gives me a chance to relax. they seem to rush through it these days and the over-regea scruff sound in nick's voice live compared to the album version gets under my skin.
Uncalm!

Post by Uncalm! »

dj3stripes wrote:
Uncalm! wrote:

weird, i can't think of a show i've been to where they didn't play the song............ "this one's called.......... come original" gives me a chance to relax. they seem to rush through it these days and the over-regea scruff sound in nick's voice live compared to the album version gets under my skin.

its been played very little this tour.. maybe 25 percent of the shows.
Solar Flare Sucks!