New 311 Fansite

Three Eleven.
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

New 311 Fansite

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

we are in need of a new fan site. i was working on on for a while then i found 311 heaven and i didnt need to. now its gone, and i think we need to replace it with a much better site. we'll have to match the content level, but not suck so much 311 management pole.

who wants to help me. i can design the shit out of it, ill just need help with content. i have webspace.

lets get a domain and get it started....right now. how about http://www.fuck311.com i think its has the edge we'll need. :twisted:

Rock for Light
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

well i cant really help too much..but i do ahve a lot of 311 content and ill be glad to give waht i can
DoYouRight311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DoYouRight311 »

i would be glad to help as long as its not called fuck311.com :wink:
i have a layout for a 311 site but i need someone to host the image so i cant post it could someone help me out? and host the pic?
Last edited by DoYouRight311 on Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

I couldn't help much, but I do visit the 311 bb often to check up on updates so I could give you updates from there when there are any :)
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

i agree a new site, or a resurrection of 311heaven.com is in order. i have zero coding experience, but i could deffinately help with a bittorrent tracker as its the most efficient way to serve new shows and whatnot.....
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

i'll supprt you cats about 100% because that is the extent of my ability to help with anything involving technology. :D
Image :smurfin: :evil5:

Post by Guest »

I have my own server that I am willing to use for Bsides/Rares/Shows. Free of charge for you guys. :)
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

If a bittorrent is set up, I'll definately help with that. Seeding is coo.
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

i couldnt do much I'd try to do the best i could to help.....id give any concert pics i took

:evil5:
manda311
Hear it all the time, come back rewind

Post by manda311 »

mystoneybaby wrote:i'll supprt you cats about 100% because that is the extent of my ability to help with anything involving technology. :D
ditto :)
*Dana*
Rollin'

Post by *Dana* »

i'll help by just being your number 1 fan! ya!! Woo!! GOO TEAM!
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

I've got 2 years of graphic design school under my belt, and photoshop and illustrator. I can work out some images, I guess.

SAY!
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

The domain name comeoriginal.com is mine. I could put some stuff up there, but i don't really have the space to host bigger files, like mp3's and videos. I'd be willing to help get a new fansite going.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
DoYouRight311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DoYouRight311 »

can some one host my 311 site layout? and wbrycew what part of RI are you from?
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

i dont think people understand, hosting files isnt' a problem, i mean seriously what files would you host other than live shows? inwhich case we simply set up a bittorrenttracker (ie: http://dj3stripes.homeip.net:6969 ) and whala
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

dj3stripes wrote:i dont think people understand, hosting files isnt' a problem, i mean seriously what files would you host other than live shows? inwhich case we simply set up a bittorrenttracker (ie: http://dj3stripes.homeip.net:6969 ) and whala
Ummm... Song, music videos, interviews, other cool shit... Who knows. There's lots of other cool stuff other than live shows. Also, a lot of people either don't know how to use bittorrent, or just don't like it for some reason or another... And bittorrent isn't very useful for files that a lot of people aren't downloading at the same time, because then you end up with problems with only a couple people who have downloaded it in the past not seeding it anymore, etc.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

exactly my point, thusly we schedual a release and run it for a week...... there's gonna be a few stragglers who could get hooked up from various people but as far as mass distribution bittorrent would rule, music videos dont take much webspace as with interviews but there are various locations to store them. if i could serv faster than 60k/second i'd be willing to host a buncha shit.
miT_311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by miT_311 »

not just a bit-torrent please. im sure there are other people like me who have NO fucking clue how to use torrents.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

probably didn't know about email till you read about it/used it for a while either..........and unless somebody has the dough to pay for a site's bandwidth i'm not seeing too many other options, at least with torrents you dont have to use some crappy 3rd party application that brings in spyware/viruses(ie: kazaa (yes even lite), bear share, limewire, etc.) was just a suggestion but if somebody can provide a standard website with simple links hell yah i'll take that in a heartbeat.

just keep in mind i shared a single 311 video to over 550 people using bittorent and it didnt cost me one red cent............. 700megs times 550 people downloading equals over 380 gigs! think about paying for that, that's insane. no it's not instantaneous(sp) but hell free is free and by using torrent everybody downloading helps spread the file, especially if we have a few seeders from the get-go

we could even do a test. i could rip one of the 311 live dvds i have and i'll IM it to 3 other people to get 4 seeds going and we just spread the torrent to all corners of the internet and not only will 311 be spread to everybody that wants it, but it will be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Vibe Merchant
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Vibe Merchant »

How about TheC311.com? (Almost says TheCell.com)

Or LiveFor311.com.