I get up intake my blue-green algae
let it penetrate
strengthen my grasp
holistic healers dealin' our galactic growth
reversin' fx of shit wrecked Chernobyl
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

Thanks for starting this thread, Sayzak. :?

I'm with Luke, I don't care what comes on the radio. At All.
swindle311
Butterfly in the wind without a care

Post by swindle311 »

Station wrote:Thanks for starting this thread, Sayzak. :?

I'm with Luke, I don't care what comes on the radio. At All.
WORD. I really don't see while you care so much about what they put on the radio. They pick the songs that they think will be the biggest hit, not the song that you think is the best. just quit whining, you sound like little girls.
311 has GRASSROOTS
wjf
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wjf »

websight

Ravens 6-2
311Baybee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Baybee »

i care about radio because as lame as this may sound, it is the determining factor if 311 will make new fans, who will in turn check out the rest of their catologue of material, ect ect... with a bad radio single, their screwing their potential fanbase, and i know alot of you would probably with every screaming 12 y/o bitch who likes amber would STFU, but for every one of those fans, theres a 311 fan who discovered the band the same way and is on their way to hardcore-fandom.
:evil5: :smurfin: er.
KyleRayner wrote:bad things in moderation are very very good
Buffalo Soldjah
It's 8:16 A.M. will you wake up to me

Post by Buffalo Soldjah »

long for the flowers!!!!
Spookie Apperitions
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Spookie Apperitions »

311 was made for those few number of people who umderstand what the best genre of music is, and should be, and they represent the precedent of what good music will be in the years to come......thats just what i think...every band has their best years in the early days of course.......yet if they truely stand the test of time i think they come out with amazing studio work years down the line... and in my heart i think that's what 311 will do....so wordness...let the FUNK roll and lets see the Great Awakening of 311 in the next years to come bloom..............
I get up intake my blue-green algae
let it penetrate
strengthen my grasp
holistic healers dealin' our galactic growth
reversin' fx of shit wrecked Chernobyl
TaiyedBorders
Taiyed Brodel

Post by TaiyedBorders »

All of the songs are duds
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

I don't know how to explain why I care what they release.

I guess I feel like... if they're going to create an album that is designed for the radio, release songs that will get some air play.

Otherwise make a funky progressive album that will make transistor look like garbage.

Know what I mean?

If DTOM was as good of an album as we all know they can create, I wouldn't give a shit what they released to the radio.
Jorge
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Jorge »

Sayzak wrote:I don't know how to explain why I care what they release.

I guess I feel like... if they're going to create an album that is designed for the radio, release songs that will get some air play.

Otherwise make a funky progressive album that will make transistor look like garbage.

Know what I mean?

If DTOM was as good of an album as we all know they can create, I wouldn't give a shit what they released to the radio.
Exactly! If Frolic Room isn't a single I will be pretty darn upset. Think about it, that song is a slap in the face to 311 fans if it isn't released as a single. Because if they don't release it as a single, that means they are trying to play it off like another 311 song, not made for the radio. The only other reason why I care about the singles, is that they lead to music videos, which I like to see. Well said Zaksay!
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

i know what you mean. if they dont release frolic room as a single i will be pissed... if you are going to write radio songs, atleasr get them on the radio. i think nicks voice dying will either pave the way for 311's best music-or it will be the end.
Rock for Light
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

It's like in poker.

Starting off with a terrible hand. Bluffing by raising the tiniest possible amount.

And then getting beat by a Jack high.

Either fold that shit, or play that shit.

KNAW MEAN!??
mary
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mary »

Sayzak wrote:I don't know how to explain why I care what they release.

Know what I mean?

i thought it was a good topic man...it's a 311 board...you discuss 311 here and radio singles are a part of 311...even though it's not terribly signifcant to more of the loyal fans, it's topic for discussion none the less. it's fun to say what if's and throw in your 2 cents abotu a topic and think things through. thats what keeps the board goin and things intresting...so don't fret.
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

i heard there is a cd with dtom and speak easy in spanish?? anyone see that?
Rock for Light
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

oh shit! someone make a new thread about it