Fucking Right!!!!!!!!!

Three Eleven.
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Fucking Right!!!!!!!!!

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

It is too much to take in and make sense of at once... but jesus christ. for those of us who have been wanking on about 311 on this board for the past 10 years, this is like sweet sweet retribution. I can't believe how good it is. Easily the best since soundsystem. Given the last 3 records it is nothing short of a miracle. Not a bad song on it. It might be the best since blue - fuck since grassroots (lets face it all mixed up is fucking hokey). A REAL album. It flows. It has an arc to it. It has running themes throughout the songs. Sexton fucking kills it. The vocals are mixed correctly. Its trippy - scary - futuristic - has balls. No bullshit like Give me a call. Made in the shade is unreal. The Call is fucking ART. Tranquility sounds like 311 Kid A meets Pet Sounds - Amazing shit.

I can't criticize any of it. The only thing I can say is that some of these are so good I just wish they were twice as long. Made in the shade could be 10 minutes long. This what we have been waiting for. Creative - they show off their musicianship without being indulgent and at the same time has a vintage 311 feel while charting into gorgeous futuristic territory. And they manage to release 15 songs without fucking it up. Really incredible. I feel like I am dreaming.

I really can't believe how good it is. I told you honkey fucks the best was yet to come. Masterpiece.
Rock for Light
311chaos
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311chaos »

FreeRayLiotta wrote:It is too much to take in and make sense of at once... but jesus christ. for those of us who have been wanking on about 311 on this board for the past 10 years, this is like sweet sweet retribution. I can't believe how good it is. Easily the best since soundsystem. Given the last 3 records it is nothing short of a miracle. Not a bad song on it. It might be the best since blue - fuck since grassroots (lets face it all mixed up is fucking hokey). A REAL album. It flows. It has an arc to it. It has running themes throughout the songs. Sexton fucking kills it. The vocals are mixed correctly. Its trippy - scary - futuristic - has balls. No bullshit like Give me a call. Made in the shade is unreal. The Call is fucking ART. Tranquility sounds like 311 Kid A meets Pet Sounds - Amazing shit.

I can't criticize any of it. The only thing I can say is that some of these are so good I just wish they were twice as long. Made in the shade could be 10 minutes long. This what we have been waiting for. Creative - they show off their musicianship without being indulgent and at the same time has a vintage 311 feel while charting into gorgeous futuristic territory. And they manage to release 15 songs without fucking it up. Really incredible. I feel like I am dreaming.

I really can't believe how good it is. I told you honkey fucks the best was yet to come. Masterpiece.
Nicely said! LOL'ed at "Given the last 3 records it is nothing short of a miracle."

We stuck through it. I enjoyed a good portion of the last few albums, but they were cookie cutter compared to these songs. God Bless Scotch!!
Alvarez311
Everything I'm sayin' you can dismiss

Post by Alvarez311 »

I can't unhear "It's the remix of ignition hot n' fresh out the kitchen" from R Kelly haha in Friday Afternoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbR3HxMnyR0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Be positive and love your life"
Alvarez311
Everything I'm sayin' you can dismiss

Post by Alvarez311 »

agreed, solid album
"Be positive and love your life"
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

Usually when I go see them live after a new album comes out.. I pray that they don't play any of their new songs. I want to hear them play every single one of these songs. This makes the last 3 sound even worse. Fucking UP - I'd be going to New Orleans if I knew they were going to drop this shit. I mean, dumb to judge on a title.. but sand dollars had shit song written all over it and it is incredible.

Someone needs to start some kind of donation paypal shit for Scotch Ralston. That motherfucker deserves 10 million dollars for his work here. You can't really fuck with how original and dirty the first couple records are, but I am just not yet sure that this isn't their best - and I might be a little drunk, but the fact that I would even consider that makes this record an utter revelation. I mean - nothing is as good as paradise, or lose or homebrew - but the quality level is just so high throughout. I really can't believe how good it is. Nick sounds like MCA in some of these raps.

"We're breaking away from the past - reaching a new plane at last." WOW. FUCKING WOW. Does great divide really go all out punk at the end!!!???? Friday afternoon makes me feel like i'm rolling. Better than I even thought was possible. They get at least another 10 years out of me.
-
-
-

P.S. Fuck all of you.
Rock for Light
Freeze Time
Butterfly in the wind without a care

Post by Freeze Time »

Just starting with Ebb and Flow was a ballsy move... dark lyrics for 311..
Do Not Fist Fight The Bears
NoControl
Music's What I Need to Keep my Sanity

Post by NoControl »

FreeRayLiotta wrote:Usually when I go see them live after a new album comes out.. I pray that they don't play any of their new songs. I want to hear them play every single one of these songs. This makes the last 3 sound even worse. Fucking UP - I'd be going to New Orleans if I knew they were going to drop this shit. I mean, dumb to judge on a title.. but sand dollars had shit song written all over it and it is incredible.

Someone needs to start some kind of donation paypal shit for Scotch Ralston. That motherfucker deserves 10 million dollars for his work here. You can't really fuck with how original and dirty the first couple records are, but I am just not yet sure that this isn't their best - and I might be a little drunk, but the fact that I would even consider that makes this record an utter revelation. I mean - nothing is as good as paradise, or lose or homebrew - but the quality level is just so high throughout. I really can't believe how good it is. Nick sounds like MCA in some of these raps.

"We're breaking away from the past - reaching a new plane at last." WOW. FUCKING WOW. Does great divide really go all out punk at the end!!!???? Friday afternoon makes me feel like i'm rolling. Better than I even thought was possible. They get at least another 10 years out of me.
-
-
-

P.S. Fuck all of you.
Journey and peace now.
BigWiLLy311
All I really wanna is to feel nirvana

Post by BigWiLLy311 »

GOAT wrote:
eam___ wrote:sand dollars is not wandering around. no one from the band has confirmed that.
My ears confirmed that it's not
I know this was a while ago, but this made me laugh so fucking hard.
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

I hope you all aren't hyping this shit up, damn I gotta get this. Re the lyrics on point?
:evil5:
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

Finally listen to this in the AM. Confirm 100% what freeray said. I was getting 311 feels all in my balls driving to work this morning. My 311 boner is out of CONTROL!
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

i fucking like this album. it's a 311 album i like. i feel like i'm 16 again.

that is all.
311silver
Listen to everyone then disregard it

Post by 311silver »

Element wrote:i feel like i'm 16 again.
03-11-08, 03-11-04, 03-11-02, 03-11-00, 12-02-1999, 12-01-1999, 05-22-1996, 10-30-1994
Oliver311
Welcome to this Groove

Post by Oliver311 »

What's a good link to use??
The ones I tried aren't good anymore.

Or can someone PM me?..

Thanks!
vincevaughn
What you need guaranteed

Post by vincevaughn »

Oliver311 wrote:What's a good link to use??
The ones I tried aren't good anymore.

Or can someone PM me?..

Thanks!
There is this site called kingdomleaks.net or maybe newalbumreleases.net............... check em out
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

fatlip wrote:i have a strong feeling dick sexum had a lot of influence in the trippier parts of this album

What makes you say that? Didn't he say in an interview that he isn't even smoking weed right now? Not that that really matters, but still.

311chaos wrote:
311chaos wrote:
GOAT wrote:6 now. Simple true fucking kills
That is like 3/4 of Universal Pulse....
Made me wonder, what this album would be like if it got the U.P. treatment:

Five of Everything
Showdown
Sand Dollars
Boom Shanka
Make It Rough
Simple True
Five of Everything (Remix)
Tranquility

Oh god.... *shudders*

FreeRayLiotta wrote:It is too much to take in and make sense of at once... but jesus christ. for those of us who have been wanking on about 311 on this board for the past 10 years, this is like sweet sweet retribution. I can't believe how good it is. Easily the best since soundsystem. Given the last 3 records it is nothing short of a miracle. Not a bad song on it. It might be the best since blue - fuck since grassroots (lets face it all mixed up is fucking hokey). A REAL album. It flows. It has an arc to it. It has running themes throughout the songs. Sexton fucking kills it. The vocals are mixed correctly. Its trippy - scary - futuristic - has balls. No bullshit like Give me a call. Made in the shade is unreal. The Call is fucking ART. Tranquility sounds like 311 Kid A meets Pet Sounds - Amazing shit.

That's what I'm fuckin SAYIN! I could not be any more happy with this album. It's so good. sooo so good. and it's so nice to see everyone else loving it (for the most part). They have really outdone themselves on this one.
311silver wrote:
Element wrote:i feel like i'm 16 again.

I was saying the same thing to my friend this morning. I feel like a young 311 fan again. I haven't felt this much sheer excitement in so long from hearing new 311. I was in the car on my way to work and kept breaking out into huge ass grins.

My favorites - FRIDAY AFTERNOON - this might be in my top 5 311 songs of all time. Everything about this song gives me chills and blows my mind when they rock out and jam at the end.

Made in the Shade has the sickest trippy intro/outro. Existential Hero is mind melting. So much rock on that track. So epic. The Call is this overwhelming anthem of positivity. It makes me want to salute a 311 flag or something. and Simple True. The bass. my god. the fucking bass...... hnnnnnnggggggggggggg.... I have great things to say about each and every track. But those are the stand-outs right now.

Even the lyrics are perfect on most all of it. Not too cheesy or overly fake positive. A lot of introspective stuff. A lot of stuff talking about materialism and how that doesn't necessarily fulfill you. Really appeals to my angsty almost-30 self.

And the 3 tracks they released early fit into the flow of the album perfectly.

Where the FUCK did this album come from? I never expected something this good out of 311 ever again.

I hope Scotch gets to come out on stage for 311 day and take a bow. That man deserves a standing ovation.

Later
ImageImage
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

Alvarez311 wrote:I can't unhear "It's the remix of ignition hot n' fresh out the kitchen" from R Kelly haha in Friday Afternoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbR3HxMnyR0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lol I totally heard that
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

jtaskew
The fish who keeps on swimming

Post by jtaskew »

CSM wrote:Gotta say - Made in the Shade might be my favourite so far!
I am feeling that too! Not that. that. the song that. but i could feel the other that.
As Seen On TV
CULTI-VADER
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CULTI-VADER »

Just listening for the first time now. Holy shit this is a great album! Thank you Scotch for digging our boys out of the funk they were in and finding a creative side again!! Can't wait to see these songs live!
SIP ON THE THICK JUICE
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

Woooooo

I fucking called it. Going to be a top 3 , 311, album for me.

Not even half way through it yet.
jaus311
Table Rosa is my brain

Post by jaus311 »

About to listen right now, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I'm excited.