Is 311 anyone's favorite band anymore?

Three Eleven.
FreeRayLiotta
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Is 311 anyone's favorite band anymore?

Post by FreeRayLiotta »

There is too much music out there to have a favorite band. The concept is high school shit. 311 taught me about music. From following their influences I learned about bad brains and the clash and a lot or other shit. The clash is a legendary band, but even they have a number of shit albums. I like the joe strummer and the mescaleros albums alot more than most clash albums... 311 hasn't hit one out of the park in a while but it doesn't mean that they wont again. It is a long ride. Nick might have a solo album in him that will make history.. it all remains to be seen. So just enjoy what you can. I got to design some shirts for them and I have been working on a sculpture/live visuals installation with them for pow wow. So while the records haven't been amazing, they are doing great stuff like the cruise and their own festival... they still have the hunger, and because of that they are still worth following. When I see them this summer I am going to be watching from the side of the stage. Even after all their success they are still humble and endlessly appreciative of their fans. It takes an incredible amount of creative energy to make an album. They are a long way away from having to prove anything, so they aren't goink to streak through albums like the 90s, but there is amazing stuff left... bet on it.
Rock for Light
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

They aren't my favourite anymore, but I don't really have a favourite band anymore either. I feel like it is more about the time I had to give towards following a band. Before when I was in high school/college I had WAY more free time and used it towards 311 and following their every step. Now I work 10+ hours a day and spend my free time either out doing something or reading. I find I also go through more phases of what I want to listen to so I don't really focus on one band or another anymore.
ImageImage
ER
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

311Chik wrote:They aren't my favourite anymore, but I don't really have a favourite band anymore either. I feel like it is more about the time I had to give towards following a band. Before when I was in high school/college I had WAY more free time and used it towards 311 and following their every step. Now I work 10+ hours a day and spend my free time either out doing something or reading. I find I also go through more phases of what I want to listen to so I don't really focus on one band or another anymore.

I'm sorry, but that's way too deep of a thought from a "chik" with a forum signature of a cheerleader "sitting" on a spear. C'mon. It's a yes or no question, no need to Jack Handy it :)
FrixHex311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FrixHex311 »

FreeRayLiotta wrote: I got to design some shirts for them and I have been working on a sculpture/live visuals installation with them for pow wow. So while the records haven't been amazing, they are doing great stuff like the cruise and their own festival... they still have the hunger, and because of that they are still worth following. When I see them this summer I am going to be watching from the side of the stage.

Oh so I guess your visual work for pow wow is for their transistor show? That's awesome that you are involved with them you deserve it man.
3/9/02, 9/4/02, 7/21/03, 8/27/03
8/7/05, 9/11/05, 3/11/06, 9/3/06
7/4/07, 7/5/07, 3/11/08, 7/24/08
5/12/09, 12/5/09, 3/11/10, 7/13/12
7/29/14, 8/2/15, 8/5/16
311 The best no CONTEST!
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

hell no. the only time i ever mention my '311 days' is to make newer friends laugh, to be honest.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

move to new york

become a hipster
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

eh, it isn't like that, fatlip. i've always kept it real. who cares anyway. but to elaborate, i do remember my times with 311 fondly. i just know that people think it's sort of funny when you say 'i was a big 311 head in high school' when they don't expect it. i mean, i think it's kind of funny too, but only because i consider myself very different now than i was in those times when i was passionate about this band. so it isn't really from a position of elitism or any of that. but either way, i haven't considered them a favorite band in a very long time. and i'm with the people who have said they don't ever feel fanatic about bands anymore but just listen to a lot of things.
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

dj3stripes wrote:
311Chik wrote:They aren't my favourite anymore, but I don't really have a favourite band anymore either. I feel like it is more about the time I had to give towards following a band. Before when I was in high school/college I had WAY more free time and used it towards 311 and following their every step. Now I work 10+ hours a day and spend my free time either out doing something or reading. I find I also go through more phases of what I want to listen to so I don't really focus on one band or another anymore.

I'm sorry, but that's way too deep of a thought from a "chik" with a forum signature of a cheerleader "sitting" on a spear. C'mon. It's a yes or no question, no need to Jack Handy it :)
It's a knife, not a spear.
ImageImage
ER
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

fatlip wrote:move to new york

become a hipster

all this needs is a picture of shiny with glasses, with a strange background and "move to new york" written on the top and "become a hipster" written on the bottom
:evil5: TB>BB
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

you've been on reddit too much jimbo, you're thinking in memes.
I Want to Believe :evil5:
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

kind of what i was implying =/
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

KyleRayner wrote:you've been on reddit too much jimbo, you're thinking in memes.

haha oddly enough i dont even visit reddit unless im linked to it from elsewhere. i've been on reddit maybe three times in the past year. but i do love me some memes. on the other forum im a regular on we have a 40+ page thread going at 25 points a page of nothing but memes. they make me laugh.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

fatlip wrote:kind of what i was implying =/
my b dave.
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

311 hasn't been my favorite since like middle school.