Taiyed Brodels 311 news front page

The forum in which to talk about the forums. A good place for suggestions or gripes.
Station
Ambassador of Style

Taiyed Brodels 311 news front page

Post by Station »

You may have noticed, the front page of the site at http://www.taiyedbrodels.com no longer has the spinning DTOM logo, and now looks sort of like a blog. I found a sweet way to set it up so that news can be posted to that page by making topics in the forums.

What I would like is for 311 related news to be posted there, so that without using the forum, 311 fans might be able to get their hands on some good 311 info.

The special part is, I don't think I'm the best person to make all the posts on the blog. No one person always gets the 311 news first. See how it says that the post on there is by me? Well, anyone will be able to make a thread that can be made to show up on the front page and get credit for it!

Of course, if anyone could post on it at any time, there would be trouble. So I figure there are some options about how to do this. The forum "Front Page" is the forum where the threads are reflected on the blog. Only I can make new threads in that forum, but anyone can reply, and the replies show up as "comments" on the main page.

One way of doing things is, if you have some 311 news and want it to be on the main page, just make a thread in the 311 forum exactly as you would want it to appear on the main page, and when I see it, I will move it to the Front Page forum and it will show up. This would include putting a note in the title or text of the thread to say that you would like it to go to the front page.

Another way of doing it might be to create another forum where anyone can post, where people would create their potential front page threads, with the addition of a poll "yes or "no". Other people would vote on whether it was worthy of the front page, and if lots of people thought it was, I would move it to the Front Page Forum so it would show up.

Another way is just for me to do it all by myself, which would mean the updates might suck and I probably wouldn't make them very often. But if nobody is really interested in this news thing, that's the way I'll do it. :D

Please reply with your thoughts, and any other ideas about how to handle the process.
Last edited by Station on Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

i love you a-dogg
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
Alexnova
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Alexnova »

It looks pretty sweet.
:evil5:
MariaA