The forums aren't dying.............

The forum in which to talk about the forums. A good place for suggestions or gripes.
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

The forums aren't dying.............

Post by dj3stripes »

The internet has changed in the last decade.......It's called facebook. Jimmy I commend you for exerting so much effort in keeping the place going, but for what cause? The functionality of these forums is severely outdated. There's more bashing and over the top sarcasm on here than helpful information in most cases. Most people that still post here are clearly fine with that and that's totally fine by me. It pains me to see you struggle in trying to resuscitate something that hasn't existed in so long.

Facebook has some pretty eclectic groups what with the familia (not a fan, but a member), 311 trading post, excitable ones(same as familia, just less flaunty and they hate familia), and "You know you're a 311 fan...". The trading post is probably my favorite as nearly every post relates to 311 merch and it sparks a lot of reminiscing compared to most 311 topics.

Don't misconstrue this topic as me shitting on tb.... I love this place but I never recommend anybody new check it out for 311 related anything, other than the file hosting/wiki portion. There are many members from yesteryear that specifically call out some members of this place as to the reason for their decline in returning themselves...........
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Re: The forums aren't dying.............

Post by Smoke »

dj3stripes wrote:There are many members from yesteryear that specifically call out some members of this place as to the reason for their decline in returning themselves...........
WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

yep it's a sign of the times, really. I've always known that. With the rise of FB and other more convenient all-inclusive social websites, message boards in general have declined. I used to frequent multiple, but now I only check out TB. I still check it pretty much every day. I like that its still our little semi-retarded niche in the corner of the internet, and as long as the site is up there will still be people who post. We don't make stupid topics about every little thing in our lives anymore because that's what tweets and fb statuses are for. It's still where I tend to see new news about 311 first and stuff that's off the radar like leaks, etc, but overall the reason I'm still on TB doesn't have much to do with 311 at all. I don't think it will ever return to even half of it's former glory and i'm completely ok with that.. Fact is, I wouldn't have time to post that much and read through all the topics anyway if it did. There are still nice little spikes in activity for new albums and 311 days etc but most of the new/returning outsiders who come and post during those times are pretty annoying anyway. It's always good to see one or two people form an identity for themselves and stick around, though. Tehshewz comes to mind, although he's been around for a bit now.

I will always love TB

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

I know it probably won't happen, but I'll always fight for this place. I'm on two other forums (both off topic sports forums) that do so well...one is a small community about the size of what TB used to be, and I want this to be like that.
:evil5: TB>BB