Suggestion For Improving The Music Forum

The forum in which to talk about the forums. A good place for suggestions or gripes.
rchrhds29
I can show you where is the beat

Suggestion For Improving The Music Forum

Post by rchrhds29 »

Hey, been here for about a month and really like the forums. Probably the area of the forums I navigate the most often is the 'Music' forum, and I thought of a cool idea I think would be good for it. My idea is to basically break the 'Music' forum into several sub-forums, these are the sub-forums I thought of to categorize the 'Music' area:

Rock (everything from classic rock to modern rock to grunge to emo)

Punk / Metal (yes metal and punk fans, and bands, often hate each other, but I don't think there are enough members who really love either punk or metal to give them each their own sub forum, and if you put them into the rock section it would clutter it too much)

Reggae / Swing / Ska (yes they aren't exactly the same music, but they all have a decent amount in common and have built upon each other historically)

Rap (would include straight up rap, as well as sub-genres like rap rock)

Experimental (bands such as Radiohead, the Velvet Underground, and the Pixies that just don't fit any category at all would go here)

Other (place for stuff that probably not to many members are big into, like: pop, classical, baroque, country, spoken word, instrumental, techno, jazz, r & b, the blues, jam bands)

Forum Members Music (place for people to post their own bands music)

Indie Music (place for people to post anything from local bands from where they are from that no one outside of that city or state has heard of to nationally known groups, could be indie hip hop, indie rock, indie punk, indie whatever, which are still on Independent record labels)

Not sure if forum members, or moderators, will think that 8 sub forums is too much, I am guessing quite a few will. However, I would have a tough time cutting it down, for example, if you take the metal / punk section and move it to 'modern rock' than metal and punk music would most likely be overlooked so I'd advise against that, another thing you could do would be to combine the indie music section with the forum members bands sub forum, but, again, I'd argue against it as than forum members bands' would be overshadowed. A lot of people will probably also argue against having an experimental sub forum, as a major problem will likely happen: forum members will argue that bands that others think are experimental aren't experimental and could lead to flaming arguments, however, some bands, mainly I am thinking of Radiohead lol if I had my way Radiohead would have a sub forum just for them, just don't fit into any other category neatly.
Some songs to download:
Sunny Day Real Estate "Seven": http://zvukoff.ru/song/1401823
Reel Big Fish "Suckers": http://zvukoff.ru/song/1019787
Justin Sane "Cassette Deck, Road Trip, Grand Canyon": http://zvukoff.ru/song/1218433
Chixdiggit! "I Remember You": http://zvukoff.ru/song/1089295 (Pop Punk)
Common Rider "Classics of Love": http://zvukoff.ru/song/1086159 (Pop Punk)
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Suggestion For Improving The Music Forum

Post by fatlip »

you're acting like people post enough to drown out other topics. when i go into the music forum and scroll to the bottom.. i see a post from 12/9/2011. that's a damn long time ago.

before you came along there was pretty much no activity on here other than jordan and jimy stroking each others' dicks. so for that, thanks!

but in all honesty.. rock and rap will be the only "popular" ones. punk and metal will only contain us. experimental will be luke (element), and indie will be shiny.
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

fatlip wrote:you're acting like people post enough to drown out other topics. when i go into the music forum and scroll to the bottom.. i see a post from 12/9/2011. that's a damn long time ago.

before you came along there was pretty much no activity on here other than jordan and jimy stroking each others' dicks. so for that, thanks!

but in all honesty.. rock and rap will be the only "popular" ones. punk and metal will only contain us. experimental will be luke (element), and indie will be shiny.

:bounce:
:evil5: TB>BB
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

i wish someone would stroke my dick on here.

is dudeman serious? TOO MANY POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I Want to Believe :evil5: