Question about the history of TaiyedBrodels (circa 2009).

The forum in which to talk about the forums. A good place for suggestions or gripes.
bbshorts
Hear it all the time, come back rewind

Question about the history of TaiyedBrodels (circa 2009).

Post by bbshorts »

Hi all,

In 2009, 311.com revamped it's site Uplifter style and added a feature where you can "join" the site. This feature is still there, but at first, there was no official bulletin board. Alot of the veteran users were displeased at this and wanted their BB back. I remember during that time, there was a "refugee" board and MarkyD was the moderator. I could have sworn that TaiyedBrodels was it. I can't remember though. Anyhow, there was censorship and heavier moderating than usual here to make it work safe. I didn't bother to go on it after just once or twice, and eventually the official 311 bulletin board was brought back with Joan and MarkyD as moderators.

I was wondering if anyone can clarify this for me. Was TaiyedBrodels at some point during 2009 to February 2011 (when the offical BB relaunched) the backup/refugee board to the official one? Any help is appreciated.
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Question about the history of TaiyedBrodels (circa 2009).

Post by logosteel »

That would be news to me, so NO.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

ska wrote:Nope this was not the renegade BB. I know what you're talking about, though. Never joined it. I think it's referred to as the "Green Board".

TaiyedBrodels was always ran/owned by Station (since 05 when it began). TB was started after the DTOM demos leaked, and the mods at 311heaven started banning people for sharing them.

silly goose, this is tb v2.0. the original tb was created by station when something happened to 311heaven and we needed a safe haven so station created this one. 311 heaven went back up so we went back to it. the dtom demo fiasco occurred and tb v2.0 was born.
:evil5: TB>BB
bbshorts
Hear it all the time, come back rewind

Post by bbshorts »

ska wrote:Nope this was not the renegade BB. I know what you're talking about, though. Never joined it. I think it's referred to as the "Green Board".
$lmjimy311 wrote:silly goose, this is tb v2.0. the original tb was created by station when something happened to 311heaven and we needed a safe haven so station created this one. 311 heaven went back up so we went back to it. the dtom demo fiasco occurred and tb v2.0 was born.
Thanks for the info, guys! Ska, yeah that's the one. It was green. I never registered, either. Is it still around by chance? Not that it matters anymore, I was just curious.
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

I think he named it 311forums.com. A lot of people left because of the Flux message board that was riddled with advertisements and poor navigation. It was god fucking awful.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

I renamed my board 311forums.com when Maria skated and I didn't care to steal her site name.

There were no advertisements, it was an unpaid board ran on a privately owned and hosted machine.

My board no longer existed in 2009. You're thinking of someplace else.
pnutwannabe
Taiyed Brodel

Post by pnutwannabe »

There was a breakoff board after the Flux thing, but that stopped when the BB changed to the one before this one. There is a renegade BB, but it's not posted in that often anymore.

:evil5:
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

Smoke311 wrote:I renamed my board 311forums.com when Maria skated and I didn't care to steal her site name.

There were no advertisements, it was an unpaid board ran on a privately owned and hosted machine.

My board no longer existed in 2009. You're thinking of someplace else.
Pay attention. The Official 311 forum had advertisements.

I know about your board and shitty monitoring.

Your boards/website name was used again in 2009 by Mark Donnelson.
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

I don't think I like your tone
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

Yeah I'm a fucking asshole