pow wow recap

GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

pow wow recap

Post by GOAT »

to those of you who didn't go, you realy missed out. Probably the best 3 days of my life. We had a little tb crew camp including myself, jordan, bryce (wbrycew), and taylor (sound salad). The beach/river was probably one of the best things about the trip. There was a rope swing off about a 15 foot rock wall that became the highlight of the river. Lots of titties, little bit of vag, and a few shriveled up dongs. Lots of epic fails on that thing, very entertaining. Most of the bands there put on great shows, especially sublime with rome. First night of 311 was full of rarities and of course UP and transistor on night 3. One of my fav parts of the show was during strangers when nick was barely mumbling the ''girls girls girls'' part then sa grabs the mic in a 'let me show you how its done' and sings it nice and clear. There was quite a few little hiccups during the show mostly because of tims guitar problems but all in all nothing major. A few little jams and crowd chants. SA was fucking on point the whole time. Lots and lots of scratching and it was pleasantly clear and easy to hear. Dont know the official song count but id say it ahd to be about 73 or 74 songs total and absolutely no repeats. Merch was a bit lacking considering they were only selling pow wow 311 stuff and a few other band shirts and cds. Food was delicious and of course expensive. The people were great. You couldnt go 5 minutes without meeting somebody. No fights that i knew of. Quite a few people were fucked up beyond beyond and imnot surprised considering you could get every drug possible out there. All in all they really did a great job with the pow wow. Im sure they'll do it again soon. Thanks to jordan and crew for lettin me and my girl chill with ya. You guys made it that much better. I had a fucking blast and i cant wait for the next one. Next stop vegas and a 2 day 311 day :shock:
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
CoconutBackwards
I go on step lightly even when I'm heavy

Re: pow wow recap

Post by CoconutBackwards »

Sounds like a good time.

What about New Orleans??!!
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

Dope. Did they ever post the actual attendance for this thing? It didn't sell out right? I for one am stoked about Vegas, it's going to be great.
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

im not sure if it sold out or not. there was a shit load of people there. and i would say maybe on 70% of the people were actually out there at the 311 shows. a lot of people stayed at their camp.

CoconutBackwards
I go on step lightly even when I'm heavy

Post by CoconutBackwards »

Stayed in their camp??!!

Drugs?
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

oh and doug benson was terrible. both him and the other guy were literally boo'd off the stage.

logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

GOAT wrote:oh and doug benson was terrible. both him and the other guy were literally boo'd off the stage.
Fucking potheads
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

The comedians were just a bad idea. 3 days of THOUSANDS of people waiting to hear transistor live and we get what? 2 woot.com monkeys shot in the crowd, no material at all, and an annoying pair of dumbfucks. should have stuck them in the 'chill zone' on stage, then at least nobody would have shown up and they could ass-clown with each other.

i didnt see a single one of you out there, and i kept my eyes peeled.

i loved that there wasn't any fights that i saw break out

i loved the golf carts. my friend rented one for us (because he had too much money), so we carted people around and caught a nice breeze to chill off with ;)
SoundSalad
Electrified by the sound

Post by SoundSalad »

This was the best 311 event that I've attended. Had a blast with you guys!
I'm a white boy so I do like the big butt.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

fuck yeahhhhhh!!! it was fucking epic!

I'm having pow wow withdrawals already.

Best 311 show ever. The entire pow wow was one of the best experiences I've ever had.

Later
ImageImage
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

even the part where they played all of universal pulse? i thought you'd have a seizure over that
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

the new songs sounded great live. Overall I do like the album quite a bit. Never said anything that would indicate otherwise. I loved how they mixed it into the set every other song in between some older tracks. Definitely made it a lot better.

Later
ImageImage
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

I hear ya there.

Importing the transistor set and gonna toss it up here in a couple hours to tide us over till I get my better copy.
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

dj3stripes wrote:I hear ya there.

Importing the transistor set and gonna toss it up here in a couple hours to tide us over till I get my better copy.
sweet jebus
dp311
I'm a cat nippin sippin on the flask

Post by dp311 »

yes! thank you!
FrixHex311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by FrixHex311 »

I really hope they release the transistor set on DVD soon.
3/9/02, 9/4/02, 7/21/03, 8/27/03
8/7/05, 9/11/05, 3/11/06, 9/3/06
7/4/07, 7/5/07, 3/11/08, 7/24/08
5/12/09, 12/5/09, 3/11/10, 7/13/12
7/29/14, 8/2/15, 8/5/16
311 The best no CONTEST!
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

This wasn't just the best 311 show I've been to, it was the best event in general I've been to. Major props to Jordan for the ride. I've been to 4 311 days so far, and this tops all of them without question.

It was cool hanging with you guys. I'll definitely be at the next pow wow.
FrixHex311 wrote:I really hope they release the transistor set on DVD soon.
I didn't see any pro videographers anywhere unfortunately. If they filmed video, they were discreet about it.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

wbrycew wrote:This wasn't just the best 311 show I've been to, it was the best event in general I've been to. Major props to Jordan for the ride. I've been to 4 311 days so far, and this tops all of them without question.

It was cool hanging with you guys. I'll definitely be at the next pow wow.
FrixHex311 wrote:I really hope they release the transistor set on DVD soon.
I didn't see any pro videographers anywhere unfortunately. If they filmed video, they were discreet about it.
the 311.com webmaster mark was filming right next to me. they were all over actually.
wbrycew
Taiyed Brodel

Post by wbrycew »

dj3stripes wrote: the 311.com webmaster mark was filming right next to me. they were all over actually.
Awesome, i was hoping they did, i just didnt see cameras anywhere. Did they have any big crane cameras like 311 day '04? I definitely didnt notice anything like that.

There was too much cool stuff going on to not be shooting. I can't wait to see the footage.
and in the end
the love you take
is equal to
the love you make
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

Not sure but I dont think any cranes were used. Possibly up by the spot lights on that lift but I doubt it.