Saw 3 bands ive never seen before last night in Asbury Park.

Talk about your fave band or genres. Or plug your own band, whatever.
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Saw 3 bands ive never seen before last night in Asbury Park.

Post by KyleRayner »

Head Automatica, Avenged Sevenfold, Coheed and Cambria

thoughts of mine:

head automatica: great show, good music, i liked them before and their live show was fun as hell, side note, i never knew daryl was so fuckin tiny!

avenged sevenfold: not near as bad as i thought they were gonna be, but still pretty fuckin bad, more fun to watch then listen to the music, but there was one song hta twas legit good, and i didnt htink i was gonna even remotely like anything, overall, they are goddamn awful though, most every song sounds the same/follows same formula, BUT they get points for excellent kiss style stage setup with this giant batskull htat takes off during that current song they have bat country that got them famous, also points for wiring a song based off Hunter S. THompson

Coheed: simply awesome i thought, they do this rediculously awesome version of hte final cut that i got rihg tup front for, they are awesome, and some of hte best shit happening in music, ignoring the majorly awful sewer rat fan base that i saw there, show was awesome, but the accoustics just sucked, bass was unclear, claudio adn travis's guitars didnt stand apart, just muddy to begin with, not like other live coheed ive heard, i blame the venue, or the sound people on this tour.

and a side note: to all you people who go to concerts and sing your lungs out. shut the fuck up. theres nothing i cant stand more than hearing some out of tune jackass scream, not sing, the lyrics in my ear. especially when every person in the venues doing it so you cant hear the band, fuck that, i was so pissed, if everybody had shut up i might have been able to pick apart the shitty accoustics, but that wasnt about to happen, so my opinion of htis tour if you get to go see it is....

7.0, 9.0 if the sound was better/crowd was better, but the crowd and sound brought it down, and it would have been a 10.0 without avenged sevenfold, but yeah, also i missed half of head automatica cuz they opened doors late but didnt start the show late, lame, good thing im seein the show again friday, but with avenged closing, i think ill leave after coheed, i hope the set isnt shorter, but anyways, i would still highly reccoment you go check out this show
I Want to Believe :evil5:
311_4_unity
Sometimes jacks rule the realm

Post by 311_4_unity »

i'd love to see head automatica and coheed live. i could only imagine how fun head automatica could be to see live and coheed i imagine would be a blast too, let alone getting both in the same concert. avenged sevenfold i've never been that big on, but i could prolly stand to see em if there was another good band to see with them with like CKY when they came to Omaha.
"To Mean People, I Say Choke On It, Gagging All The Way. May You Remember The Texture For Days"
311Baybee
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Baybee »

HDSJGHDGFSJHGDFJSHFD

IM SO FUCKING JEALOUS

both times i have gone to see head automatica they have had to bow out of the shows because of daryl being ill! it made me so sad that i couldnt see them live because i friggin adore them!
:evil5: :smurfin: er.
KyleRayner wrote:bad things in moderation are very very good
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel

Post by KyleRayner »

311Baybee wrote:HDSJGHDGFSJHGDFJSHFD

IM SO FUCKING JEALOUS

both times i have gone to see head automatica they have had to bow out of the shows because of daryl being ill! it made me so sad that i couldnt see them live because i friggin adore them!
then i bet your really pissed they are dropping off that tour just in time for it to hit NYC! but ill be there anyways, yeah i heard they actually werent gonna do this show cuz he was back in the hospital, but thankfully they were there, it was really fuckin cool, gonna see em again friday, hit up the atl! yeah it made me like them a lot more, really fun live show, i want to see them do a small venue tour like they probably will again
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

Those are some great bands! Have you heard Coheed and Cambria's new single? It's really amazing.
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

Avenged Sevenfold sucks balls
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

Samsupnthismothafuka wrote:Avenged Sevenfold sucks balls
Not cool man. Not cool at all. Some people like other bands than you and you need to accept that.
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

do they suck balls...SEVENFOLD
:evil5: TB>BB
Drums
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Drums »

equallyeasilyfuqyouover wrote:
Not cool man. Not cool at all. Some people like other bands than you and you need to accept that.
haha its all good man.

You dont know what you've got yourself into. :lol:
"A call out for unity
In every province and city
What do you think we've been saying
Since we first started playing"

:evil5:
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel

Post by KyleRayner »

equallyeasilyfuqyouover wrote:Those are some great bands! Have you heard Coheed and Cambria's new single? It's really amazing.
the suffering? yeah i gotz all that shit theyre amazing, get a bad rep due to the predominately emo fanbase, but they are incredibly progressive and are doing great things in music people just cant seem to get past teh emoness of the fans, which after being at teh show, ic an see why, some of the worst people ive been to a concert amongst ever, but yeah, tehy are amazing amazing im gonna see em friday then 3 nights in a row in mid-late may at hammerstein and in philly...so exicted, too bad head automatica wont be with them
strongallalong
Part clock and part man
Location: Right on that fine line between Genius and Insanity

Post by strongallalong »

slmjimy311 wrote:

do they suck balls...SEVENFOLD
nice :lol:

oh, and, agreed.

But I did not know that Head Automatica was the support band for this tour. Boostage. Too bad the closest it comes to me is like 3 hours away. I'll have to try to make a roadtrip.
ride the jont piece...
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

WOW 3 OF THE WORST BANDS EVER
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
Nate
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Nate »

avenged sevenfold is the type of band that only comes around like 50 times a year.
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"
antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

fatlip wrote:WOW 3 OF THE WORST BANDS EVER
see coheed live and you'll say the exact opposite. one of the best live acts out there.
Let's put a smile on that face
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

antfarm311 wrote:
fatlip wrote:WOW 3 OF THE WORST BANDS EVER
see coheed live and you'll say the exact opposite. one of the best live acts out there.
saw'm .. hated'm
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but Coheed really is not that great live. They're ok. I mean they stand there and they play the tunes, but they don't do anything out of the ordinary, and they don't have a whole lot of crazy energy like 311, AFI, or The Mars Volta have when they perform live.

I love coheed and all, but I think I prefer listen to their CDs than see them live. (seen then live twice by the way, and I wasn't really impressed either time)

Later
ImageImage
:evil5: