So I listened to the new Limp Bizkit album, and this shit...

Talk about your fave band or genres. Or plug your own band, whatever.
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

So I listened to the new Limp Bizkit album, and this shit...

Post by Shiny »

...rocks out.

I hated most of Chocolate Starfish and I despised that Results May Vary pile, but I think that The Unquestionable Truth Pt. 1 is a great comeback from Limp Bizkit. Its as heavy as Three Dollar Bill was (which was a kick ass album) and also a shit load more mature. Its good to see that Fred Durst got out of his arrogant "LETTTS PAWWRTY WITH THE LIMP TO THE B-I-Z-K-I-T" schtik that he was going through for a long time, because that was lame and that's now why no one will take the band seriously anymore. But, I'm glad that I had an open mind and checked out their latest CD...because this album rocks it out once again and Wes Borland is at his best. Check it out.
greenmonkey911
Taiyed Brodel

Post by greenmonkey911 »

i think i might give it a listen, just for wes. i cannot stand fred. i do hope what you say is true, and i'll try to have an open mind as well.
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

Thank You

thank you so much for the support and the patience. we are happy that those of you who have experienced TUTP1 have had a a chance to embrace it on your own terms and not have it shoved down your throats. being in a band that has been known like limp bizkit makes it hard to be "discovered" again, but we've tried to make it possible for those of you who have this time around. not many people on the business side of things seem to understand what it is we are doing and that is expected. not advertising the album or doing any promotions is not how record lables sell records and this method is not preferred in that world, but we had to do something for the core and for ourselves. if becoming or staying popular and regaining or even maintaining a position in the competitive world of music was an interest at this moment in our career then we would have done the things to make it so, but it was important to make an album that was because of our love for what we are about right now.

if limp bizkit can put an EP on the shelves and tell no one until it feels like it is time then we have accomplished something for ourselves. we are so grateful for our label to have been so supportive of limp bizkit through all of these years and we have helped each other out in many ways. the fact that they let limp put this EP out in the world without worrying about first week impact or the predictable things people worry about when they are playing the game is so supportive in a time like today. without them we would have never had the chance we had and/or the exposure. the retail stores and the labels work very hard to bring you the best in music and in the best most reliable ways possible. trust me when i say that they are the reasons artists have been able to reach out to the world and change lives forever. big props to those people who make this all happen.

on a personal level....... it feels amazing to be under the radar for a minute knowing that we have already been so blessed with everything we have experienced as limp bizkit and we look forward to what the days ahead are to bring. what a journey this has been. i am personally writing this to express how happy today feels.

truth is that nobody really wants to know what's up the same time they are all bummed when they feel left in the blue. go figure. i was born to express myself and as much as it's a problem sometimes i am also very aware that it is a blessing there are many who have problems worse than mine, to each their own.

as for the vibe of the sound of TUTP1, just turn the shit up and connect. we cannot make the same record twice and would never want to. growth is our only guide to finding out who we really are. at the end of the day doesn't it really boil down to the intention and honesty? that's when we really connect to something. the rest is icing.

saturday in LA......inspiring in the jimmy buffet type of way, COME MONDAY. take a listen to that song. you might understand what i mean. let's see where we go from here. there is a lot of music coming your way and we are excited about that.

thank you again to retail, geffen, and everyone who has practiced a lot of restraint to do things against the grain this time. it feels back to basics and that feels fucking good!!

Posted by Fred