Incubus

Talk about your fave band or genres. Or plug your own band, whatever.

Incubus

Post by Guest »

I just listened to Make Yourself two times in a row. This is on my top ten albums of all time list now. Fucking masterpeice. :)
*Dana*
Rollin'

Post by *Dana* »

yeah , awesome album. S.C.I.E.N.C.E is also another 1 of my top fav albums.
antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

you heard their new song? "Make a Move", it's for the movie Stealth. supposedly they have 3 songs on that soundtrack.
Let's put a smile on that face
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

another band i never could enjoy... oh well again :?
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:

Post by Guest »

You listen to Slipknot..hush.
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

oh yeah, well you listen to... my vagina.. yeah, fucker :lol:
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
Flowing
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Flowing »

you're stupid goat...hahaha
"Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life trying to correct " Chuck Palahniuk

:evil5::smurfin:

Post by Guest »

vaginal juice
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

"Deep Inside" is one of my favorite songs of all time by any band
$lmjimy311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $lmjimy311 »

water into wine

drool
:evil5: TB>BB
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

yeah incubus used to be so badass, too bad brandon had to go drive dirk out of the band, who ever saw that diary of incubus on MTV where dirk went out and like told people what shirts they shoudl buy at the tshirt stand because since he was the bassist nobody knew who the fuck he was (no offense to bassists, thats how he describes it!) anyways hes funny as fuck and the band needs to do whatever it takes to get him back, but yeah, anywho, when it comes=fuckin coolest song ever, so is the warmth, damn talking aobut them has made me all depressed again, i so wish they hadnt made a crow left of the murder and gotton ben kenney, talk about a guy who shoulda stuck to guitar, dirks lines are slap and sound better taht way benjamin!

P.S. Mikey Einziger, the PRSs sounded better
antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

ben can stomp dirk anyday of the week

his bass lines are a million times better than dirk's. and he's a wayyyy more experienced musician/songwriter/artist.

i couldn't see anybody else in that spot BUT ben. he's what incubus has been lacking ENERGY. the shows with dirk were fucking lame, nobody moved and when they did it was like a robot. ben gives them fresh air and freedom to do what dirk didn't like.

yeah dirk's great and all, but ben's the better musician
Let's put a smile on that face
Cerpin Taxt
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Cerpin Taxt »

antfarm311 wrote:
dirks a better bass player, and was the only one who wanted to play crazy, fast, hard funky incubus. all the others want to make this dawsons creek high school hallways bullshit. fuck incubus now, they did it tothemselves....morning view sucks too
Who brought me here..............?
Forsaken depraved and wrought with fear

ImageImage
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

Man I have very little respect for your music taste Cerpin Taxt. You have a very small perspective. Morning View was great.
Cerpin Taxt
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Cerpin Taxt »

Station wrote:Man I have very little respect for your music taste Cerpin Taxt. You have a very small perspective. Morning View was great.
i was in 6th or 7th grade when SCIENCE came out and that was the incubus i was accustomed to, and make yourself was good too but not nearly as good.so when morning view came out i wish i had choked to death on my own vomit....it s like an album full of drive, 13 times over and over and over again. kilmore has no more place in the band because he isnt scratching anymore. Brandon Boyd is now a sex symbol instead of the original "Brandon of the Jungle" who was advertised in the enjoy incubus days. i knew the band was in trouble when both brandon and mikey got rid of the dreads.

ImageImage
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

Cerpin Taxt wrote:
Station wrote:Man I have very little respect for your music taste Cerpin Taxt. You have a very small perspective. Morning View was great.
i was in 6th or 7th grade when SCIENCE came out and that was the incubus i was accustomed to, and make yourself was good too but not nearly as good.so when morning view came out i wish i had choked to death on my own vomit....it s like an album full of drive, 13 times over and over and over again. kilmore has no more place in the band because he isnt scratching anymore. Brandon Boyd is now a sex symbol instead of the original "Brandon of the Jungle" who was advertised in the enjoy incubus days. i knew the band was in trouble when both brandon and mikey got rid of the dreads.
It seems obvious to me that the only thing you don't like about any Incubus after S.C.I.E.N.C.E is that it doesn't sound the same. You're going to have to accept the fact that artists CHANGE. Their new stuff doesn't "suck." You just don't like the direction they've taken. It's great to speak your mind on the subject, but the way you do it is detrimental.
Cerpin Taxt
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Cerpin Taxt »

Station wrote: It seems obvious to me that the only thing you don't like about any Incubus after S.C.I.E.N.C.E is that it doesn't sound the same. You're going to have to accept the fact that artists CHANGE. Their new stuff doesn't "suck." You just don't like the direction they've taken. It's great to speak your mind on the subject, but the way you do it is detrimental.
to me when your band drives out 2 original members and/or changes their whole lyrical content and sound they should change their name. to me the last 2 incubus albums are not incubus to me. therefore i shall treat them as if i am not a fan, i despise them,their new sound, and their image

ImageImage
Station
Ambassador of Style

Post by Station »

Cerpin Taxt wrote:to me when your band drives out 2 original members and/or changes their whole lyrical content and sound they should change their name.
That's an interesting take. So is 311 exempt from this because their sound changes but not their lyrical content? So they are allowed to keep their name?

I think it's pretty easy to reference a band with a time period modifier. Like, you say you like pre-MakeYourself Incubus, but you hate them after that. I don't think it's necessary for them to change names with each album just so they don't taint the name 'Incubus' in your mind.
Cerpin Taxt
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Cerpin Taxt »

Station wrote:
Cerpin Taxt wrote:to me when your band drives out 2 original members and/or changes their whole lyrical content and sound they should change their name.
That's an interesting take. So is 311 exempt from this because their sound changes but not their lyrical content? So they are allowed to keep their name?

I think it's pretty easy to reference a band with a time period modifier. Like, you say you like pre-MakeYourself Incubus, but you hate them after that. I don't think it's necessary for them to change names with each album just so they don't taint the name 'Incubus' in your mind.
ive always said im strictly for pre morning view incubus

ImageImage
Cosmic Blur
All I really wanna is to feel nirvana

Post by Cosmic Blur »

Cerpin Taxt wrote:
antfarm311 wrote:
dirks a better bass player, and was the only one who wanted to play crazy, fast, hard funky incubus. all the others want to make this dawsons creek high school hallways bullshit. fuck incubus now, they did it tothemselves....morning view sucks too
I actually agree with the little booger here but I'm near as harsh about it. I like the funk slap bass from Dirk but I also understand the prerogative of anyone to change their style. I just don't personally like all of the new sound. Some elements, yes. Mostly no, though. Just an opinion on a subjective taste. I saw them live with Ben and they played some SCIENCE but Ben couldn't do the slap parts. They did do a three-way drum solo with Jose, Ben and Brandon, though. That was cool.
The artist formerly known as Jimbone. New forum, new attitude.