Incubus

Talk about your fave band or genres. Or plug your own band, whatever.
Cerpin Taxt
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Cerpin Taxt »

Ben Kenney is an amazing musician and mike even admits ben can play guitar better than him. however i still think dirk is a better bass player
Who brought me here..............?
Forsaken depraved and wrought with fear

ImageImage
Cosmic Blur
All I really wanna is to feel nirvana

Post by Cosmic Blur »

Cerpin Taxt wrote:Ben Kenney is an amazing musician and mike even admits ben can play guitar better than him. however i still think dirk is a better bass player
Agreed. 8) Better to my taste.
The artist formerly known as Jimbone. New forum, new attitude.
311Chik
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311Chik »

I'm not as big of a fan of Incubus as I used to be. I miss Dirk and what he brought to Incubus. Also the live show isn't the same. Last I saw them was at Lollapalooza and the energy they had was gone, the vibe was gone. They looked like they didn't enjoy playing as much as they did when I saw them play right before Morning View came out. I was in front of Mike and everytime a girl screamed at Brandon he would cringe. I like some of the new stuff but I prefer the stuff with Dirk. One of their new songs to me sounds almost exactly like one of the songs off Crow Left of the Murder, mostly Brandons singing, it made me sad.
Rich
Along the way to close my eyes

Post by Rich »

i love science and make yourself but their newer stuf..meh
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

lets get this marmaduke naked
lets get this marmaduke naked
fahrenheit311
The soul that you have is electricity

Post by fahrenheit311 »

I saw them live with Ben and they played some SCIENCE but Ben couldn't do the slap parts.
It's not that Ben isn't good enough to play those parts. Dirk's slaps were part of his personal style, and Ben isn't trying to copy him, so instead he changes up the lines the way he wants to (like in "A Certain Shade of Green").
antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

and songs they do now live like "stellar" i fucking HATED that song before, with ben adding all kinds of weird ass jazz lines to the song, makes me like it a scootch
Let's put a smile on that face
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

fahrenheit311 wrote:
I saw them live with Ben and they played some SCIENCE but Ben couldn't do the slap parts.
It's not that Ben isn't good enough to play those parts. Dirk's slaps were part of his personal style, and Ben isn't trying to copy him, so instead he changes up the lines the way he wants to (like in "A Certain Shade of Green").
Yeah, its not like slapping is hard or anything
swindle311
Butterfly in the wind without a care

Post by swindle311 »

shiny i really like ur avatar.
311 has GRASSROOTS