Limp's new cd

Talk about your fave band or genres. Or plug your own band, whatever.
tred311
Taiyed Brodel

Limp's new cd

Post by tred311 »

Anyone hear this stuff yet? I don't know what to think. I really dig Limp. I have for a long time. I just don't get it.....7 songs.....WTF! It just doesnt have the magic that the other Limp cds had. You all should take a look at all the drama on the Limp Bizkit BB on the main site. I thought that we (311 fans) had some drama on our BBs....check that crazy shit out. Somebody quoted Fred as saying something like...."Limp is just picking up where Rage left off"......That's a pretty brave statement.......if that is what he said. WOW......i dont know if I like this cd or not????

:evil: :roll: :shock: :cry: :D
"Never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut"
tred311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by tred311 »

yeah....i saw that......thats real cool. i'm not really bitching about the price....more about the sound of the band and where fred is coming from....i dont get it....yet........
tred311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by tred311 »

hey, by the way....Skab......my wife and i are talking vacations.....and so far a visit to Pittsburgh with a 311 show and a Steeler game are at the top of the list. I was raised there in North Hills and my wife has never been there. I think we are going to try and hit Kennywood also......i kinda miss that place.........cant wait for football season!
tred311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by tred311 »

hell yeah.....that was well put!

**hopefully a 311 show and a steeler game will take place in the same week so we can make both. that would be awesome!
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Yeah I haven't heard Sayzak on here raving about it yet... So it can't be that good, huh. :P

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
tred311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by tred311 »

Hells yeah man.....GO STEELERS!

Cheers!
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

Well, rather than complain about females, Fred is complaining about society. Lyrically, this is the most "punk" Limp Bizkit has ever been. Musically, it's the most "rock" they've ever been. As far as entertainment goes, Fred has repeatedly let it be known to his faithful fans that this is about the music and not about anything else. He's proven that by not going to the media, or writing anything that people want or expect. He is experiementing with darker sounds and lyrics. At a time when he COULD have made a big huge "come back" album, complete with pop/rap singles with guest artists, bragging about Wes rejoining the band, and lots of screaming, he's intentionally telling people who expect anything from limp bizkit to go away. Probably a dangerous move, but he owns his own record lable and he's got about a million other gigs going on as he is the puff daddy of rock, so who cares? He's in control of his destiny, nd he knows it. Anyone who wants to be along for the ride is welcome, and anyone who has anything bad to say about it is waisting their own energy.

As for my take on the album: Certain tracks are solid, but lack a full progression that takes you on a musical journey. A couple of them are definately experimental, especially "The priest" which is also the darkest song anyone has ever heard form Limp Bizkit. My favorites are "The Propoganda" because it busts out of the gate with some metalica-esque guitar riffs, and rage against the machine-esque lyrics. The most complete song on the CD is "The Truth" because it has a full bridge, and a heavy and fast progression starting off with the finest bass work I think anyone has ever heard from them. "The Channel" is a statement song, pretty much varifying what I mentioned above. Fuck everyone. "The Story" is a fun track in my opinion because I play first person shooters and I've never enjoyed a song more while blowing someone up with rockets than I do The Story. The guitar work is great, and even more Metalica-esque than The Propoganda. "The "Key" is kind of a hip-hop flavored interlude song under two minutes in length. It kind of suggests that Fred is losing his mind. There's a balad on there but it's so slow I can't listen to it, and Fred didn't spend enough time perfecting the delivery on this one. He sounds drunk.

There are only 6 full length songs on the E.P.... I think it's an E.P. because the band is still having major issues with it's members. But this time it isn't between Wes and Fred--they're actually getting along the best and having the most chemestry. It's the Drummer. He's drugged out. I think this CD is being released in two parts because they want to give the drummer a chance to come back from rehab and kick some ass.

I love 4 of the 7 songs on the CD. They're brutal and honest. If the next half of this record is anything like this, I'll be a very satisfied customer.
tred311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by tred311 »

good review.....i agree with a lot of that. i cant wait to hear the next batch of songs.......i went out and bought the cd and paid the full 13 bucks for it.....thats my only biotch at this point and thats not the bands fault so end of discussion....hehehe.......i really like the point you made about it being a time where Fred could have made a huge "come back" album bragging about Wes and screaming, and chose not to.....great point!

Post by Guest »

Never. Ever. Fucking. Compare. Limp. Bizkit. To. Rage. Against. The. Machine.

EVER.[/b]
$ayzak
Taiyed Brodel

Post by $ayzak »

Apparantly someone on the LB boards caught Fred in chat (he controls the websight and the chat, so when he signs on his name appears in red and no one else's does), and cleared a couple of things up. DJ Lethal and John Otto are still members of the band. "Family" as Fred put it.

Oh, and the second part of the album will supposidly come out in a couple of months. However, in Fred's latest blog he titled his post "submarine style" which may indicate that the next one is going to sneak out before anyone expects. In fact, someone said 'part II' had a release date of May 17th on some websight. I personally think "like a submarine" just means that the music is dark, cold, and dangerous.
Last edited by $ayzak on Wed May 11, 2005 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
antfarm311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by antfarm311 »

whenever it comes out, i'm sure i'll like it.

this album is intense, i think this is the best sound they've ever captured in recording. crunchy, raw, and just in your face. the propaganda and the key are my favorite tracks i always play in my car. the truth is great, i've listened to it a lot when the mp3 link was posted awhile back.

hopeful otto will get his shit straight, he's one of my favorite drummers right now.
Let's put a smile on that face
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

i say limp bizkit sucks