Green Day - Dookie

Talk about your fave band or genres. Or plug your own band, whatever.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Green Day - Dookie

Post by Jordan311 »

Man, I just popped this album back into my car stereo the other day and I forgot how great it was! I haven't listened to this album in years.
It's crazy how good Green Day used to be before they became emo sellouts.

Dookie is probably the most influential album for me of my young life. One of the first albums I ever owned. Green Day used to always be my favorite band before I got into 311. Welcome to Paradise and Basket Case are such kick ass songs!

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

Yepp

That CD kicks some serious ass
DoYouRight311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DoYouRight311 »

Dookie and nimrod are probably green days best albums, i cant stand their new stuff though, now there all shity emo music :?
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Not a big fan of Nimrod. I think that's really the point where they started going downhill. Insomniac kicks ass too.

I forgot how much I loved the very last track on Dookie too. Track 14 I think. It's so incredibly sexy.

Later
ImageImage
phatdank
I'm free as I stare at the sea

Post by phatdank »

sorry, but if you think their new shit is emo then you dont know what the hell emo is. it makes you sound ignorant as fuck

and yes, dookie is awesome. insomniac is too, though a lot of the songs sound the same.
Last edited by phatdank on Sun May 08, 2005 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Dana*
Rollin'

Post by *Dana* »

Shiny wrote:Yepp

That CD kicks some serious ass
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

phatdank wrote:sorry, but if you think their new shit is emo then you dont know what the hell emo is. it makes you sound ignorant as fuck

and yes, dookie is awesome. insomniac is too, though a lot of the songs sound the same.
I think general consensus of everyone on the planet who has a brain is that Green Day has turned emo. Anyone who doesn't agree is obviously a blind fanboy who just can't accept the fact that their beloved Green Day started selling out and wearing make-up to appeal to the angsty emo kid crowd.

Later
ImageImage
DoYouRight311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DoYouRight311 »

i agree with jordan, well they may not be condsider emo but green day does have a slight emo emblematize their new stuff is condsider crapy punk :D longview is also a good song to listen too off Dookie :wink:

Post by Guest »

Green Day is not punk. Never was. Never will be. :)

I agree, they used to be good. [/b]
ABH_bassist
Death I just say fuck you

Post by ABH_bassist »

heres the deal with green day
they have evolved.
are they an emo band?
no
do they have emo elements to some of their songs, which the radio has decided to grab onto and play out wayyyy too much?
yes.

green day evovled, just as 311 has.
i dont necessarily like the new green day as much as the old stuff like dookie, but i still repsect them for not putting themselves into a rut and releasing pretty much the same cd year after year, such as simple plan or something.
DoYouRight311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by DoYouRight311 »

but the thing that really annoys me is that they charge their fans so much money and act like their legends and when bands like 311 have been around just as long as them, they get ignored, green Day not punk?? hum of course their punk it depens on what kind of punk your thinking of you've got the shitie punk bands like simple plan, sum 41, ect, and you have the none popish mtv punk crap The Clash pure punk
HowiRocks
Taiyed Brodel

Post by HowiRocks »

GD is definitley not an emo band. The vocals are far from whiny and are way more melodic. And Billie doesn't scream his ass off throughout. They are a rock band. They can't put out another Dookie. That would be moving backwards, not forward.