Sons of the Sea

Talk about your fave band or genres. Or plug your own band, whatever.
Alvarez311
Everything I'm sayin' you can dismiss

Sons of the Sea

Post by Alvarez311 »

New Brandon Boyd work.

diggin this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXY9jr0mLRs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you havent listened to "The Wild Trapeze" Album....get it.... much better than expected. This too sons of the sea :bounce:
"Be positive and love your life"
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Re: Sons of the Sea

Post by Smoke »

Does Brandon Boyd make good music anymore?
Alvarez311

Post by Alvarez311 »

:lol:

........... :|

Yes. The album is pretty sweet. I would recommend it. :o
Alvarez311

Post by Alvarez311 »

Also, @SMOKE

your signature freaks me out! Where is it from?
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

Alvarez311 wrote:Also, @SMOKE

your signature freaks me out! Where is it from?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunderbir ... _series%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alvarez311

Post by Alvarez311 »

For reals, listen to these tracks....probably my favorites on the album

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69QzkWzKas8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd5sczrEjYc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :shock:
Smoke
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Smoke »

I'll check it out but if I hear any of the blandness of Incubus's last couple albums I'm going to die a little inside.
oldschool311
If you're feelin' sick we got the elixir

Post by oldschool311 »

I think after Make Yourself there was a steady decline, especially when they tried to distance themselves from the hot dancer years, and further when they hired a guitarist to play Dirk's bass parts. Went pop quickly.
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

oldschool311 wrote:I think after Make Yourself there was a steady decline, especially when they tried to distance themselves from the hot dancer years, and further when they hired a guitarist to play Dirk's bass parts. Went pop quickly.
As a HUGE Incubus fan, this more or less for me. SCIENCE and Make Yourself are pretty perfect albums as far as my tastes are concerned. Dirk leaving was one of my first educations on what having a band member who wasn't "MTV" important leave. Morning View (I know he was still there here, not my point.) is still great, but everything after felt empty to me. Most morning view songs I love, but everything after is...blech.
I Want to Believe :evil5:
dj3stripes
Taiyed Brodel

Post by dj3stripes »

I'm impressed kyle... A post after midnight, that doesn't seem to be drunken at all, nor was it laced with douche and profanity. B+
oldschool311
If you're feelin' sick we got the elixir

Post by oldschool311 »

KyleRayner wrote:
oldschool311 wrote:I think after Make Yourself there was a steady decline, especially when they tried to distance themselves from the hot dancer years, and further when they hired a guitarist to play Dirk's bass parts. Went pop quickly.
As a HUGE Incubus fan, this more or less for me. SCIENCE and Make Yourself are pretty perfect albums as far as my tastes are concerned. Dirk leaving was one of my first educations on what having a band member who wasn't "MTV" important leave. Morning View (I know he was still there here, not my point.) is still great, but everything after felt empty to me. Most morning view songs I love, but everything after is...blech.
Yea I agree, Morning View has some interesting parts on it, though they did have an MTV cribs appearance then....I think? I can see Dirk hating that shit.
I remember seeing them in 97 and they were borderline scary looking live haha in a good way, had some mystery about it, not so soft yet.