Zack Hexum - Overground: What Happens Now?

Talk about your fave band or genres. Or plug your own band, whatever.
bbshorts
Hear it all the time, come back rewind

Re: Zack Hexum - Overground: What Happens Now?

Post by bbshorts »

Smoke wrote:How are you liking Overground bbshorts

also what does your name mean?
Thank you again so much for sharing the album! :)

I love the first track "Alone". It's like drum and bass mixed with Jazz and Latin music. I was expecting more saxophone and less singing, but it turned out to be the opposite with saxophone only being on a few songs. Also, the distorted guitars in some songs seemed out of place for a jazz album, but all in all it was pretty good.

I listened to Qedrowan's "Far Enough". It was even more rock influenced than Overground, and I can see how Zack's sound progressed to the sound on The Story So Far.

Oh, and my username is short for They Sure Don't Make Basketball Shorts Like They Used To..., Hoobastank's first full length album and the one with the saxophone on it.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

bbshorts wrote:Oh, and my username is short for They Sure Don't Make Basketball Shorts Like They Used To..., Hoobastank's first full length album and the one with the saxophone on it.
niiiiice. I love that album dude

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
John-311
Music's What I Need to Keep my Sanity

Post by John-311 »

My bad. Nevermind.
bbshorts

Post by bbshorts »

Jordan311 wrote:
bbshorts wrote:Oh, and my username is short for They Sure Don't Make Basketball Shorts Like They Used To..., Hoobastank's first full length album and the one with the saxophone on it.
niiiiice. I love that album dude

Later
Yeah! :) It is a great album!
bbshorts

Post by bbshorts »

Smoke wrote:How are you liking Overground bbshorts
I really am digging the album now. The jazzy vocals and guitars remind me of "Champagne". In fact, I like to think of this album as Zack's brother album to From Chaos just like Introducing is to Transistor.

I am also digging Qedrowan's demo. Thanks John for sharing! I like both versions of "Tell Me A Story" but you're right, the Qedrowan version is much more trippy, while the Overground version is more jazzy.
mystoneybaby
Taiyed Brodel

Post by mystoneybaby »

I can sing this album top to bottom in my sleep. I listened to it in full before any 311 album.

I'm glad you're enjoying it because it has accompanied me in my best and worst times and it is one I will be passing down to future generations.
Image :smurfin: :evil5: