Have you discovered any new bands lately?

Talk about your fave band or genres. Or plug your own band, whatever.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Re: Have you discovered any new bands lately?

Post by Jordan311 »

KyleRayner wrote:goddamn second stage is so good. even if you don't like his voice, musically good. they were trying so damn hard and that was before they started all this prog rock story bullshit that was so clearly not intended in the first album. IKSSE:3 is awesome, don't get me wrong, but at some point they started drinking their own cool aid HARD

yeah they certainly aren't what they once were. A bit of that due to band member changes, but overall i do think they got full of themselves. Second stage is fucking amazing. Still their best by far. Its just so fucking raw.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
Element
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Element »

KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel
Location: Birmingham, Al - currently residing in Birmingham, AL

Post by KyleRayner »

Jordan311 wrote:
KyleRayner wrote:goddamn second stage is so good. even if you don't like his voice, musically good. they were trying so damn hard and that was before they started all this prog rock story bullshit that was so clearly not intended in the first album. IKSSE:3 is awesome, don't get me wrong, but at some point they started drinking their own cool aid HARD

yeah they certainly aren't what they once were. A bit of that due to band member changes, but overall i do think they got full of themselves. Second stage is fucking amazing. Still their best by far. Its just so fucking raw.

Later
Josh came back. Seeing them at this crazy small place in birmingham in may. cautiously optimistic.
I Want to Believe :evil5:
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel

Post by KyleRayner »

HOLY SHIT. so i really haven't been paying attention to them for a couple years till I saw this show was happening.

DUDE. Michael todd was arrested for ROBBING A DRUG STORE CLAIMING HE HAD A BOMB to get oxy before they played a huge show. what in the fucking fuck. this was at least a year ago so yeah I'm behind but that shit is fucking crazy.
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

i've come to the realization that the only 'new' bands i listen to are just rehashes of old bands :shock:

$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

KyleRayner wrote: DUDE. Michael todd was arrested for ROBBING A DRUG STORE CLAIMING HE HAD A BOMB to get oxy before they played a huge show. what in the fucking fuck. this was at least a year ago so yeah I'm behind but that shit is fucking crazy.
yeah man haha that was some crazy shit

Later
ImageImage
KyleRayner
Taiyed Brodel

Post by KyleRayner »

311junkee wrote:
KyleRayner wrote:311 junkee...if you are still here...russian circles, these arms are snakes, fucked up. said all these before and you probably already know them so they aren't new but shut the fuck up.

not a fan of these arms are snakes
so sorry you never got to see them live, only logical reason for this opinion. one of those bands.
poolio
Taiyed Brodel

Post by poolio »

These guys have been around for a while but they've received a lot of attention after signing to Mogwai's label, Rock Action Records. Their new stuff has more of an electronic influence, but their rooted in math rock/post-rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv1JLMbq6OQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__DU-GU0 ... ure=relmfu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (my personal favorite)

Also, Kayo Dot is a fantastic band from Boston. This is one of their earlier compositions that has kind of a jazz-metal fusion if you can dig it. If you have the patience to listen to it all the way through, it's really worth while. It's incredible how this song transforms. Their newer stuff is much more avant-garde and all over the map in terms of stylistic influence, but still interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik-Fp2defYk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

that errors band is pretty cool. Downloading one of their albums now. The one with Toes on it

Later
ImageImage
poolio
Taiyed Brodel

Post by poolio »

I definitely prefer that era of their stuff a lot more than what they've been doing recently.