El Ten Eleven - This band just blew my mind live

Talk about your fave band or genres. Or plug your own band, whatever.
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

El Ten Eleven - This band just blew my mind live

Post by Jordan311 »

Just got back from seeing these guys tonight. I was in complete awe the entire time. Easily in my top 5 live shows of all time. I've listened to their music for years, but hearing them on the album was NOTHING like seeing them do this stuff live. Just two guys... They are incredible artists.

Later
ImageImage
:evil5:
SoundSalad
Electrified by the sound

Re: El Ten Eleven - This band just blew my mind live

Post by SoundSalad »

Jordan311 wrote:

Just got back from seeing these guys tonight. I was in complete awe the entire time. Easily in my top 5 live shows of all time. I've listened to their music for years, but hearing them on the album was NOTHING like seeing them do this stuff live. Just two guys... They are incredible artists.

Later
I'm in love with Every Direction Is North.
Last edited by SoundSalad on Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a white boy so I do like the big butt.
CatCity
Taiyed Brodel

Post by CatCity »

you know those one guitars. that are like double guitars
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

Sam wrote:you know those one guitars. that are like double guitars

It's actually a bass and a guitar in one.

Later
ImageImage
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

SoundSalad wrote:
Jordan311 wrote:

Later
I'm in love with Every Direction Is North. They are playing in Raleigh on August 7th. That'd be tight to get back in time to see them (fingers crossed).

Every Direction is North is great. The self-titled is my fav though. Their new stuff I really wasnt all that into. These Promises are being Video Taped just didn't do anything for me, but I sorta like their newest one It's Still Like a Secret is pretty good.

But seeing them live gave me a whole new appreciation for the new stuff. It's insane watching them play it live. On the album it sounds just like heavily distorted beats and it's hard to make much of it, but live... my god.. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Seeing them play the old stuff live has a sort of opposite effect, but still incredible. On the album it's pretty chill and mellow and post-rock, but seeing it live adds so much energy and dimension to it.

I strongly urge you see them when they come to you. For me it was one of those experiences I'm glad I saw before I die. It was just amazing. Also, I must highly recommend you get right up in front/center of the stage, because so much of the show is watching him play with his effects and loop stations, and getting a close look at the drummer's kit.

Seriously, go see them when they come. I'd love to see what you think.
And if you get a chance, say hi to them after the show is over. They're really nice down to earth dudes.

Later
ImageImage
Jordan311
Phlegmatic in stature

Post by Jordan311 »

SoundSalad wrote:August 7th.

shit... I just realized we'll prolly still be driving then... depending on when they play we might get you back in time.

Later
ImageImage