Sublime with Rome

Talk about your fave band or genres. Or plug your own band, whatever.
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Sublime with Rome

Post by logosteel »

New album Yours Truly leaked. Pissed I'm at work...I knew I should've checked in the morning to see so I could listen while at work today. I know there will be people who say "it's not brad blah blah blah". You know what? They were surprisingly good when I saw them last year with dirty heads and matisyahu. Anyone get it yet and give a listen?
ajlp12345
Listen to everyone then disregard it

Re: Sublime with Rome

Post by ajlp12345 »

Yeah, It's not the best but it's not bad. My favorite tracks are Panic, Lovers rock, PCH, and Spun.
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

ajlp12345 wrote:Yeah, It's not the best but it's not bad. My favorite tracks are Panic, Lovers rock, PCH, and Spun.
Good to hear there are good tracks outside of the single (which took a few listens to like).
romero311
Welcome to this Groove

Post by romero311 »

I just can't stand people comparing Rome and Brad. Would it even sound that great if he sounded EXACTLY like Brad? I'm actually kinda glad he sounds quite similar yet has his own original take on it. Sublime stated in interviews in past years that they would never do a reunion, so if this kid (Rome) got them to reunite, he must have really impressed them. I like the sound of this CD, just don't expect a Sublime CD and you'll enjoy it.
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

ska wrote:I have no problem with Rome's voice...it's got a little raspy, I just finished a cigarette and now I'm gonna sing, sound to it.

It's musically where it gets a little lost in the shuffle to me. Maybe it's because there are SO MANY bands in this genre now.

BTW, I'm listening to it now. And I just realized something it's lacking from the other Sublime albums...a hip hop feel. This is more straight up reggae rock with a tinge of punk. Not that there's a problem with that, but I'm just trying to convey to logosteel how the album feels.
Ah I see. So it's long beach dub allstars, but better?

And yeah I figured it was a webrip. I'm just too lazy to do it myself and wait for someone else to do it for me :bounce: .
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

ska wrote:Here's the SwR album:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/352gm0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
danke. Will d'l once I get home. Decent quality webrip (192kbps)?
311chaos
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311chaos »

I just listened to half of it, nothing memorable so far...... Sounded pretty blah.
dp311
I'm a cat nippin sippin on the flask

Post by dp311 »

its fake sublime...i dont expect much
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

how is it fake? it has 2 out of 3 of the original members.. the other one is dead. this is as close as you're gonna get
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
dp311

Post by dp311 »

and the other guy was the singer..and some might say the whole band..you dont see nirvana reuniting..its a differnt band..change the name of the band at least.
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

dp311 wrote:and the other guy was the singer..and some might say the whole band..you dont see nirvana reuniting..its a differnt band..change the name of the band at least.
EXAMPLE- Alice in Chains. Sounds pretty god damn good, and even better live (too young to have seen them with Lane)
dp311

Post by dp311 »

im not saying you cant listen to it or enjoy the songs in a live environment..im sure i will enjoy hearing the older sublime material live..its just not the same...and cantrell also sang a lot for alice in chains, but i also feel that reunion is dumb.
311chaos
Taiyed Brodel

Post by 311chaos »

Sublime did change their name, it is a different band. Either way, I still think the album is lame. The new AIC was decent, some of it sounded like the good 'ol days....
fatlip
Taiyed Brodel

Post by fatlip »

i didn't say its the same band.. and neither did they.. it's what's next. doesnt make it FAKE.

and yeah, i'd say bradley live/acoustic is more sublime than this new one, but that doesn't make it fake.
$lmjimy311 wrote:the ram seemed a little out of place. i didnt mind the tiger
:evil5: :happy10:
tred311
Taiyed Brodel

Post by tred311 »

Sure I miss Bradley...but I'm really happy that these guys are able to do their thing. It's not fair when a lead singer dies and the other guys are put on a shelf. Good for these guys for finding quality replacement and putting out a solid album. A new Sublime album is something I never thought we'd see. I'm stoked! :bounce:
"Never miss an opportunity to keep your mouth shut"
GOAT
Taiyed Brodel

Post by GOAT »

if anybody has the time could you post the songs separately and not in compressed format. my phone is my computer :(
Music's what i need to keep my sanity

:evil5:
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

Dropbox me goat.
311_4_unity
Sometimes jacks rule the realm

Post by 311_4_unity »

i feel your pain goat, i'm in the same boat. at least i have new phone now thats not a blackberry storm and allows for better internet use. glad to see ya back around, even if it is in a limited capacity like myself.

as far as sublime with rome goes, i've only heard a few songs off youtube that were og sublime songs, but the guy does sound a lot like brad sounded on the studio albums. and i'll even say that i think he sounds better live than the live sublime with brad that i've heard, but i think that's because the live sublime i've heard brad was obviously on something a bit stronger than pot and just couldn't hit his notes or stay on tempo. i'll have to wait for non-compressed files too, or sweet-talk my girlfriend into letting me download them on her laptop when she comes over, which will be a crap shoot on whether or not that happens.
"To Mean People, I Say Choke On It, Gagging All The Way. May You Remember The Texture For Days"
Shiny
Taiyed Brodel

Post by Shiny »

I still find the release of this album highly disrespectful to the 'legacy' left behind after Brad's death. and yes, the remaining members have clearly decided in their old age to cash in on the name. because when they couldn't legally re-use 'sublime', they skirted around the issue and called it 'sublime with [doesn't matter]'. if they were just doing this for the music, they could have called it something else, but unfortunately for them 'long beach dub all stars' doesn't pique as much interest as 'sublime' does. should have just left it alone.
logosteel
Taiyed Brodel

Post by logosteel »

So the same applies to AIC? I understand your reason, but hey I like it. Looking back on this album I'd give it 6/10, and only on the deluxe version as some of those added tracks I liked. Cannot wait for UP and Ballyhoo and take the best of all 3.